• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latch

A T R L?

Welcome *.*

Yeah,
I'm Latch on ATwinkRL

jE1tkGDHKcZCX.png

The Flop

Banned
2. I don't think Adele really has a defined "style" yet. All of her albums (well, both) have been pretty diverse, so to say it'll be a big change means what, siS?

5. Now siS...

tumblr_mp2rp7zFDO1svl47mo1_500.gif

12. Now siS, you know I hate me some EDM. But even Zedd's boilerplate faff-pud is infinitely more adventurous than this manicured-within-an-inch-of-its-lunula "real music" that Sam Smith somberly shits into my cavities. Even her name is as infertile as my PM box on those joyless days when Mumei actually remembers her job title.

On Adele, she's married and with a kid now so it won't be like the boohoo I am upset at being alone? yes? I hope? I just hope it's not a la Jewel and her lol I just do Lullabies now!

Let me be a gaga Stan for a little bit longer please!

You know Leona is going to kill it, I just want it to be this year!

And I won't lie I bop in the car when Zedd and the like come on the radio, I just don't want all these "turn down for what" or "#Selfie" getting airplay over real mu$ic. I need my true new bops! Not this macbook garage band press play style songs! :O

The Flop

Banned
On Adele, she's married and with a kid now so it won't be like the boohoo I am upset at being alone? yes? I hope? I just hope it's not a la Jewel and her lol I just do Lullabies now!

Let me be a gaga Stan for a little bit longer please!

You know Leona is going to kill it, I just want it to be this year!

And I won't lie I bop in the car when Zedd and the like come on the radio, I just don't want all these "turn down for what" or "#Selfie" getting airplay over real mu$ic. I need my true new bops! Not this macbook garage band press play style songs! :O

Also where is your list Leona!

duff3.gif

Yado

Your musical compatibility with whackexcellence is SUPER
Music you have in common includes Azealia Banks, Beyoncé, Sky Ferreira, Lykke Li and Lana Del Rey.

icfxniKeTRCGG.gif

This will do. Welcome to Topgaf.

Also where is your list Leona!
1. Christina Aguilera releases one more half-baked album in 2016 and then calls it quits from public life forever.

2. Mariah Carey gracefully transitions to disco and gospel (the last bastions for a fading diva), and tries iT again with the whole record label thing. She grooms a couple heauxs into moderately successful careers. She dies with all her "One Sweet Day" record of 16 weeks at #1 untouched, but unfortunately "Touch My Body" is her last #1 hit. (god, that one went far into the future, didn't it?)

3. Leona Lewis lands her first US hit in years as a featured artist for Drake's next single titled "Horoscope"

4. Rihanna's next album is her best-selling yet, but her touring receipTs continue to bely her status as the reigning pop princess.

5. Madonna's next album is executive produced by will.i.am.

6. Beyonce and Jay-Z renew their wedding vows after their tour, shutting down any and all rumors about a supposed divorce.

Holla if you can handle the prediction tea ~~

3phemeral

2. Mariah Carey gracefully transitions to disco and gospel (the last bastions for a fading diva), and tries iT again with the whole record label thing. She grooms a couple heauxs into moderately successful careers. She dies with all her "One Sweet Day" record of 16 weeks at #1 untouched, but unfortunately "Touch My Body" is her last #1 hit. (god, that one went far into the future, didn't it?)

Yess yess! I was thinking this the other week and totally forgot to post it. Chalk it up to me being still addicted to Meteorite, but I was thinking what a stone-groove smash wonda' it would be had she made an album entirely of dance hits. Get out of that "Dance versions are for remixes only" and really commit to it.

The Flop

Banned
1. Christina Aguilera releases one more half-baked album in 2016 and then calls it quits from public life forever.

3. Leona Lewis lands her first US hit in years as a featured artist for Drake's next single titled "Horoscope"

4. Rihanna's next album is her best-selling yet, but her touring receipTs continue to bely her status as the reigning pop princess.

5. Madonna's next album is executive produced by will.i.am.

6. Beyonce and Jay-Z renew their wedding vows after their tour, shutting down any and all rumors about a supposed divorce.

Loves it

tumblr_llms9x4lvo1qz9npg.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
5. Gaga gives Artpop 2.0 a go and it's filled with BOPS and smashes a la fame monster

I want nothing more tbh. Ugh just imagine Artpop 2.0 >>>>> Artpop just like The Fame Monster >>>>> The Fame. The Symmetry
iw5MF3EPy1QKa.gif
iw5MF3EPy1QKa.gif
iw5MF3EPy1QKa.gif

UGH he really is trash isn't he? Funny how the moment someone has a bit of success their true colors shine. Robin's def did since he "made it big" *eye-roll* with that rapey song last summer that I wish I could scrub out of my brain

Stan for the legend!

waiT...
Kiesza fan
Madonna fan
"Your musical compatibility with whackexcellence is High"

Welcome :)

tumblr_lqb8dkplwa1qcfd3g.gif

Latch

It’s a really good sign that you hold my mind is true
And I’ve been thinking of what to say all night to you
So you wanna be a man about it, do you?
And have you figured out all you wanted, have you?

When your heart becomes a million different pieces
That's when you won't be able to recognize this feeling

That’s called tough love
That’s called tough love
That’s called tough love
That’s called tough love

In the middle of the night all I think about is you

oprah-crying-again.gif%3Fw%3D320%26h%3D225

Vazduh

Welcome, Latch! Make sure to join the PopGAF group.

So with the year essentially 1/2 way over what are everyone's hopes for the rest of this year?

I'll Start.

1. R8 becomes an iconic album
2. Adele's 25 gets the BeYO treatment and is a big change from her past offerings.
3. Fifth Harmony hits it big, starting with BO$$
4. Tay Swifty gets a little edgier and stops using her 12 year old diary for her songs
5. Gaga gives Artpop 2.0 a go and it's filled with BOPS and smashes a la fame monster
7. Leona Lewis comes back with a vengence
11. Becky G's curse is over and we can all live without the fear of it! Showers everywhere no longer burn those taking them, and our favorites can safely sip their tea and dance their way to the top w/o her voodoo magic

Just some thoughts yall.

Here for these predictions, tbh. Btw, as much as I like to make fun of Fifth Harmony sometimes (by calling them Filth Harmony etc.), there's no denying that the snippet of BO$$ shits hard. Looking forward to the full song.

Oh, and guys, did you know that Charli XCX, Passion Pit, Benny Blanco and Cashmere Cat worked on that Ryn Weaver song? What a team!

Bless you sis, I'm guessing you liked?

I did! Hopefully more people noticed your post :)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Can't say I've ever heard of Cashmere Cat but I can hear the others influences in the track
Let them stay together and make more, this song shits

Vitanimus

OctoHate kinda gives me the same vibes when I first heard Lorde with The Love Club. I think the song is a little unpolished, but I think she has the chance to be big.

Vitanimus

Where have you been? Where did you go?
Those summer nights seem long ago,
And so is the girl you used to call,
The Queen of New York City.

But if you send for me you know I'll come,
And if you call for me you know I'll run.
I'll run to you, I'll run to you, I'll run, run, run.
I'll come to you, I'll come to you, I'll come, come, come.

ilRizPrh7Qmah.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
y'all know who has been a long-time fave of mine but I always felt was underappreciated and never understood why she didn't make it bigger?

My girl Ultra Nate <3

Ultra_Nate_-_Grime%2C_Silk%2C_Thunder_CD_cover.jpg

Seriously, girl has some real quality bops:

Give it all you got &#9834;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9OVPnrVoPA

Free &#9834;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgRBkjgXHro

Twisted &#9834;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS49yN43IbU

Automatic &#9834;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5GgpL93aiw

Perhaps my fave: Love's the only drug &#9834;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G72Z_bbYz6c

Get into Ultra Nate <3

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Do you think if one of you tried
Maybe you could find
A better friend than any other?

If you gave more than you took
Life could be so good
Come on and try, now's the time

'CAUSE YOU'RE FREEEEEEE
To do what you want to do
You've got to live your life
Do what you want to do

Do what you want
Do what you want to do