• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzo

Faith Evans (with a little help from Missy Elliott and her protégée Sharaya J) delivered a nice tune just in time for the summer

artworks-000083347373-ncgrqo-t500x500.jpg

maybe I should post that in the "R&B is coming back strong!" thread, but I thought everyone could enjoy it

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
When is Missy coming back though? I'm craving her own stuff. I still play Triple threat regularly

Grizzo

When is Missy coming back though? I'm craving her own stuff. I still play Triple threat regularly

I know right? It's been almost 10 years since The Cookbook (which was a damn fine album). I'm still hopeful that she can make a comeback. She truly was one of the greatest entertainers around back then.

Grizzo

I miss Missy Elliot. Garbaj, Azealia, and even Iggy just don't compare.

Things like "I still love I still love I still love I still lo-o-o-ove I still love I still love I still love I still loooove" will never reach the legendary status of hits such as Work It, One Minute Man or All N My Grill.

I like some of Nicki's stuff though, but I find her output average most of the time

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Things like "I still love I still love I still love I still lo-o-o-ove I still love I still love I still love I still loooove" will never reach the legendary status of hits such as Work It, One Minute Man or All N My Grill.

I like some of Nicki's stuff though, but I find her output average most of the time

Ikr, Missy has multiple timeless classics
Some of Azealia's stuff matches it for me, but I know that is not the popular opinion.
Iggy and Nicki haven't come anywhere near though

Grizzo

New Sia song. As usual she mumbles, moans and gross through the whole thing like an extra on the Catwoman Motion Picture Soundtrack.

http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/sias-popped-another-new-song-onto-the-internet/128432/

I could swear she's sampling Jojo there. Is she or does it just sound similar?

I can hear slight similarities to Leave (Get Out) at the beginning but it's not a "Roar/Brave" situation.

I usually really like Sia's voice, but I can't even understand what she's singing on that track haha

Latch

Missy had some bops and some good melodies,
but she had some weak ass lyrics

I'm a fan tho and I do miss her
If she does decide to come back, then I hope the material is good

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I agree, love Missy. Didn't she have a health battle a few years back? Last I remember hearing about her, was worried, I'm assuming she's okay these days?

BTW, you know how sometimes you're just in the mood for sad beautiful music instead of something dance-y? Well before Lana del Slay *very recently* came into my life, there was the Eternal Beauty Sade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaajVLzS170

There was a woman in Somalia ♪
Scrapin' for pearls on the roadside ♪
There's a force stronger than nature ♪
Keeps her will alive ♪

This is how she's dying ♪
She's dying to survive ♪
I don't know what she's made of ♪
I would like to be that brave ♪

Lord I love this woman <3
crying.gif

Trigger

That new Sia song isn't doing much for me. Lacks the usual drama and emotion in her songs that I love. It sounds like album filler material.

Yado

I agree, love Missy. Didn't she have a health battle a few years back? Last I remember hearing about her, was worried, I'm assuming she's okay these days?

BTW, you know how sometimes you're just in the mood for sad beautiful music instead of something dance-y? Well before Lana del Slay *very recently* came into my life, there was the Eternal Beauty Sade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaajVLzS170

There was a woman in Somalia &#9834;
Scrapin' for pearls on the roadside &#9834;
There's a force stronger than nature &#9834;
Keeps her will alive &#9834;

This is how she's dying &#9834;
She's dying to survive &#9834;
I don't know what she's made of &#9834;
I would like to be that brave &#9834;

Lord I love this woman <3
crying.gif

Their music is always so soothing.
crying.gif

Yado

Does anyone else think Beyonce will reach Madonna-caliber status before she hits 40?

I don't think Beyonce is capable of shocking people or treading new ground the way Madonna did. It doesn't seem to interest her and there isn't much new ground left tbh.

Grizzo

New Grimes + Blood Diamonds tomorrow aksjhdakjfghdsdhf

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/481878983277936640

Fun fact: I had a long conversation with Blood Diamonds almost 2 years ago when he played a DJ set in Paris, didn't even know about his music back then. Turns out he's a huge geek, we spent like 30 minutes talking about Nintendo 64 (especially Majora's Mask), Playstation and animes. He showed me his art, like some of his drawings which were pretty cool. By the end of our talk we followed each other on Twitter, but he unfollowed me a year later, I guess because I only tweet in french which he doesn't speak at all (also because we are "real friends" after all).

I'm excited for their collaboration to be honest. Grimes is really talented and brimming with personality.

Vitanimus

oooo hooo new song comin out - it&#8217;ll premeir on bbc/ zane lowe tomorrow at 730 pm UK time (u can listen live here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0476wym )

It&#8217;s called &#8216;go&#8217; and it&#8217;s a track i made with my best friend mike aka blood diamonds

and like 5 minutes after it plays on the radio it&#8217;ll become a free mp3 download for the first week too :)

For those unaware, she played Go at the Governor's Ball a couple weeks ago, and here are some snippets:

http://instagram.com/p/o7YY_mPyHE/
http://instagram.com/p/o7zBtDwsuU/
http://instagram.com/p/o714KLQshi/

Vazduh

Wasn't that the song she wrote for R8 and which was rihjected by Rihanna's team? Looking forward to hearing the studio version!

This is going to be epic.

On Wednesday night, Beyoncé and Jay Z kick off their joint On The Run summer tour in Miami &#8211; and it promises to be one for the books.

The couple, who will be performing together through September, will rock more than 40 songs when they hit the stage at Sun Life Stadium, PEOPLE has learned.

The superstar duo have been working around the clock to prepare for their multi-city, three-country onslaught. In an exclusive behind-the-scenes photo, a smiling Beyoncé is seen working on her laptop while final tour preparations are being made.
excite

Hopefully it's not a 50-50 ratio. I'm taking blowjob breaks behind the bleachers whenever he cums on stage.

Jay Z and Beyonce's On The Run Tour is on pace to become the second most successful tour of all time based on gross revenue per show, according to Forbes.

On The Run was recently in the news on several websites, including In Touch Weekly, International Business Times AU and Radar, for having poor ticket sales. However, Forbes' analysis of the ticket sales shows that the tour, which is approximately a week away from opening, is on pace to sell about 1 million tickets and gross close to $100 million. This would make On The Run the second most successful tour ever by that measure.
so glad to be part of herstory

I would honestly be clammoring for On The Run tickets if Jay-Z wasn't in half of the show. I seriously cannot think of a single song of his outside of On The Run and that Newwww Yaaawwwk song with Alicia Keyhole.

I would honestly be clammoring for On The Run tickets if Jay-Z wasn't in half of the show. I seriously cannot think of a single song of his outside of On The Run and that Newwww Yaaawwwk song with Alicia Keyhole.
It should be a Beyoncé/Destiny's Child Reunion tour.

You'd get solo Bey and then solo Bey with amazing background harmonies.

Partition

Banned
Fun fact: I had a long conversation with Blood Diamonds almost 2 years ago when he played a DJ set in Paris, didn't even know about his music back then. Turns out he's a huge geek, we spent like 30 minutes talking about Nintendo 64 (especially Majora's Mask), Playstation and animes. He showed me his art, like some of his drawings which were pretty cool. By the end of our talk we followed each other on Twitter, but he unfollowed me a year later, I guess because I only tweet in french which he doesn't speak at all (also because we are "real friends" after all).

I'm excited for their collaboration to be honest. Grimes is really talented and brimming with personality.

Have you heard their previous collab?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxmCvdY4NZQ&feature=kp

It's amazing

Is tonight the first show? Are you going to this one? I expect a full report.
First show in T-minus 3 hours.

I'm going to the July 11 show at MetLife Stadium.

Closer to home and better chance of guest appearances (it's the biggest arena the whole tour since there's no Barclays/NYC show)

EDIT: Read your PMs siS:-3

I feel like Beyonce and Jay-Z have such different demos too, I imagine the energy in the stadium would be strange, though probably insane.

Sassy gays bonding with Nas haters.

royalan

Sistren, I hope you are all getting your hair righT for the Summah.

Protect your hair and maintain voluminous body and effortless shine with a hair mask made from avocado, banana, and coconut water:

iYqSaFLua12jG.png

I'm going to be serving Talk That Talk era RiRi when I'm done. YAAAAASSSS. You just can't take it...

Vitanimus

Protect your hair and maintain voluminous body and effortless shine with a hair mask made from avocado, banana, and coconut water:

iYqSaFLua12jG.png

I'm going to be serving Talk That Talk era RiRi when I'm done. YAAAAASSSS. You just can't take it...

491.png

Werk it, own it

Quilla - A Million Broken Bikes
Roses Gabor - Rush

Eternal Beauty Sade

Finally, something from you that I can agree with without sounding delusional. Yes, Sade is a true queen of soulful elegance. She licks your clothes off with her seductive tones.

New Grimes + Blood Diamonds tomorrow aksjhdakjfghdsdhf

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/481878983277936640

Thank fuck for new Grimes, I was beginning to fear for my disposition.

Does anyone else think Beyonce will reach Madonna-caliber status before she hits 40?

QHUdu7m.gif

iYqSaFLua12jG.png

The world needs to discover Peter Lamas and his Olive and Avocado Shampoo and Conditioner

guerl

It's the TRUTH

And don't forget to seal in that moisture with some humectant hyaluronic acid serum with just a touch of cuticle-sealing silicones.

Majmun

iYqSaFLua12jG.png

That's a...strange mix. Make sure to post after pix *.*

And I see you stanning for Leona

The world needs to discover Peter Lamas and his Olive and Avocado Shampoo and Conditioner

guerl

It's the TRUTH

And don't forget to seal in that moisture with some humectant hyaluronic acid serum with just a touch of cuticle-sealing silicones.

Wait @ Leona being a hair fashion expert

Let me PM you some pics to seek your hair council

@Roy - Looking good bb

Matt_

Lawd all this hair product talk and I'm sitting over here washing my hair with body&hair showergel

Wait @ Leona being a hair fashion expert

Let me PM you some pics to seek your hair council

@Roy - Looking good bb
No need to limit yourself to above the neck pics

In any case, I'll give you my free advice siS

I cut hurr. I wouldn't be able to do anything with roy's though, gorgeous as it is :-X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom