• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

No need to limit yourself to above the neck pics

In any case, I'll give you my free advice siS

I cut hurr. I wouldn't be able to do anything with roy's though, gorgeous as it is :-X

eyQcp8N.gif

Grizzo

Mau ®;118245260 said:
I feel people (deservedly) praise the singles from Gwen's L.A.M.B but people often overlook the fantastic "Early Winter".

Oh man I love this song! The Sweet Escape was a good album. I prefer L.A.M.B. over it, but it was still packed with some great songs.

Now That You Got It is another overlooked single taken from that album. Such a breezy tune.

Holy shit, I knew I recognised FKA Twigs from somewhere. And her Wikipedia page turned up this gem that should probably have stayed in the past.

I think my sense of humour is broken when I find some of this hilarious. Some BBC Comedy is aight but most of it is dreck.

I tried to buy L.A.M.B. once from somewhere, but it wasn't going through the scanner and I was running late so in the end I left it. An act of God maybe? It's in my local Cex for 20p so I may drop by one of these days. I love Cex, I bought a billion albums for £10 last time I was in there.

What You Waiting For is still gold tho. I really haven't been able to get into Gwen Stefani but it's a good tune. Wasn't the Sweet Escape critically panned for some reason? Or am I thinking of another album?

Grizzo

Holy shit, I knew I recognised FKA Twigs from somewhere. And her Wikipedia page turned up this gem that should probably have stayed in the past.

I think my sense of humour is broken when I find some of this hilarious. Some BBC Comedy is aight but most of it is dreck.

I tried to buy L.A.M.B. once from somewhere, but it wasn't going through the scanner and I was running late so in the end I left it. An act of God maybe? It's in my local Cex for 20p so I may drop by one of these days. I love Cex, I bought a billion albums for £10 last time I was in there.

What You Waiting For is still gold tho. I really haven't been able to get into Gwen Stefani but it's a good tune. Wasn't the Sweet Escape critically panned for some reason? Or am I thinking of another album?

No no, you're right it was! I can get why The Sweet Escape was panned though. It sounded essentially like a collection of leftovers from the first album, and didn't feel like the awesome sophomore album we were expecting it to be.

There are some duds on it, but also great things like I said. The singles were the best thing from the album (especially Sweet Escape and 4 In The Morning). Yummy is also... something else. Gwen + Pharrell always make for a cool combination I think.

The Flop

Banned
Slightly off topic but 30 mins till the premier of Big Brother 16!

tumblr_n7qgokdDgH1sov9tro1_1280.jpg

Look at Ariana's bro serving us with that speedo. I wonder how long till he says his sister is a Pop star!

tumblr_n7qokp1Nhs1sov9tro5_r1_1280.jpg

cory64

RiRi Her Ray of Light/Confessions On A Dance Floor/Rhythm Nation 1814/janet./Velvet Rope/Emotions/Butterfly is coming ;____________;

Grizzo

Also anyone enjoy
Karmin?

I still listen to Brokenhearted from time to time (when it comes on while my iTunes is on shuffle). But their recent output has been really dull to my ears. Their cover of Summer Nights from Grease is awful.

They're gonna need much more to win me over :(

The Flop

Banned
Also I can't at these sneaks that Fifth Harmony is giving us of BO$$ the transformation!

9-camila-cabello-hair.jpg

To:

post-1109-1403720204.jpg

tumblr_n7oyelL97h1rij0ngo1_500.png

Give me that early Destiny's Child Vibes!

Thank GOD last year was a fluke

So You Think You Can Dance's Top 20 is once again filled with the adorable twinks and hunky man meat that make it even more eminently watchable than it already is.

Drag Race, Judge Judy, and Dance, the Holy Triumvirate of reality television.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Free was a pretty huge hit throughout Europe during the '90s! I'd say it even is one of the most emblematic song of that decade.

I'm pretty sheltered up here in Canada lol (I'm from South America but grew up in Canada mostly) so I don't really see what's popular without going online tbh.
Plus everyone I know has flop taste and only talks about Katy Perry, One Direction and Justin Bieber ugh
Don't know how Free did in NA but I had to find out about Ultra Nate back in the stone age when I still bought CDs to listen to on my Portable Sony discman and Ultra Nate was usually on the dance collections that I bought. Man I love 90's dance music
I need to stop aging myself in here truly I'm still young :*(

Their music is always so soothing.
crying.gif

Finally, something from you that I can agree with without sounding delusional. Yes, Sade is a true queen of soulful elegance. She licks your clothes off with her seductive tones.

Not one but TWO fellow Sade fans in Popgaf? BLESS
AddEmoticons00943.gif

But noooooooo why y'all calling me "delusional" that's not the first time I've been referred to as such
ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

Sade has a special place in my heart, the only one who's been my fave longer than her is Madonna. Sade is beauty, class, grace and elegance, she's truly timeless. And do you know where I discovered her? A place that is the opposite of all of those qualities: friggin' Walmart! I worked at that God forsaken company many years ago, it was my first fulltime job out of high school when I moved on my own, and I'd hear her on the overnight radio station that would play in store. The only good thing that ever came out of Walmart tbh

Well I'm never coming back if you know what I mean
I was only ever waiting to be 17
Well I'm never coming back if you know what I mean
It's the last time
The last time

End me, Kyla.

ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

Aguila

#ICONIC
So I'm trying to go through some classic albums that I have yet to listen to~

I can't get through Ray of Light. It's kind of bland. Oop.

But Bjork's Post is kind of amazing *0*

Aguila

#ICONIC
omg.

The production on Post is so varied and diverse. And Bjork's delivery is ace. Ray of Light can simply take a seat next to ha.

omg.

The production on Post is so varied and diverse. And Bjork's delivery is ace. Ray of Light can simply take a seat next to ha.
Maybe I'm the minority (not into ha enough to know), but Hyperballad and Hunter aside, nothing post-Debut does anything for me.

But damn, that debut. She was doing things in 1993 that still sound like they're from the future.

Venus As a Boy
Violently Happy
The strings in Like Someone In Love

>>>>>>

Aguila

#ICONIC
Stan Post.

Bjork her best alber. Enjoy is just everything. That industrial feel. I LIVE.

Yessss @ Enjoy. And then she goes and does a tribal-infused orchestral song with Isobel. Woowww.

Maybe I'm the minority (not into ha enough to know), but Hyperballad and Hunter aside, nothing post-Debut does anything for me.

But damn, that debut. She was doing things in 1993 that still sound like they're from the future.

Venus As a Boy
Violently Happy
The strings in Like Someone In Love

>>>>>>

O. Let me add that album to my lisT.

BLASPHEMY

iWswhwlmcMdUs.gif

Tbh, I only listened to the first four songs. I am not here for ambient background music rn
zzz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom