• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I go
Can I go with
Go can I go with
Go can I go with
Go can I go with
Go can I go with
Go can I go with
Go can I go with
Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

That buildup. END ME.

tumblr_n7uw8soCJ11rdpjfqo1_500.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
145.gif
145.gif

Coming up on the iconic Pyramid Stag at glastonbury we have a few acts that may be of interest to popgaffers.

From 13:15-14:00 we have new rapper on the block Angel Haze
Then following Miss Haze, from 14:30-15:20 we have certified chef Kelis

Then following our favourite cook we have the one and only Dalai Lana blessing us peasants with her angelic vocals at 16:00 - 17:00

All times are in GMT (or BST I don't know what we're in right now). You can watch all the action live here, and with the godly bbc player you can rewind to watch missed acts so don't worry about being lttp. (it seems the player will only start at 14:25 so Angel Haze may not be streamed? I'm sure me and the three other people in the world that like her shall be very pressed)

You can of course catch up on other acts performing over the weekend. Full line up here. Acts such as Lily Allen, Rudimental, HAIM, MIA, Lykke Li and CHVRCHES have already performed and their full sets have been uploaded on the bbc site (may need hula unblocker) or just youtube them

145.gif
145.gif

Coming up on the iconic Pyramid Stag at glastonbury we have a few acts that may be of interest to popgaffers.

From 13:15-14:00 we have new rapper on the block Angel Haze
Then following Miss Haze, from 14:30-15:20 we have certified chef Kelis

Then following our favourite cook we have the one and only Dalai Lana blessing us peasants with her angelic vocals at 16:00 - 17:00

All times are in GMT (or BST I don't know what we're in right now). You can watch all the action live here, and with the godly bbc player you can rewind to watch missed acts so don't worry about being lttp. (it seems the player will only start at 14:25 so Angel Haze may not be streamed? I'm sure me and the three other people in the world that like her shall be very pressed)

You can of course catch up on other acts performing over the weekend. Full line up here. Acts such as Lily Allen, Rudimental, HAIM, MIA, Lykke Li and CHVRCHES have already performed and their full sets have been uploaded on the bbc site (may need hula unblocker) or just youtube them

Wow, that's actually a really good setlist. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be checking out a few of these.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Kelis was on and sounded huskier than Frank Butcher, she was decent though
Dalai Lana is due to come on in 15 minutes, Kelis was a bit late so it may have a knock on effect I don't know

Matt_

My queen has gotten so much better at performing live
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif

She started out so so nervous but she came into it after a few songs. Needs to work a bit more on interacting with the crowd. Probably said about five words two them in between songs
Finishing with National Anthem was an unusual choice too

Matt_

Is that actually the single cover? The SHADE at the two girls that got cut save for some ankles

d794a69d

BEYONCE TONIGHT AHHHHH

FIRST TWENTY ROWS AHHHH

My first time seeing her and my first time having decent seats for once ;_____;
I was going to get floor seating but my guest and I are both Hobbit-sized. I still got decent seats all things considered.

Can't wait to see ha grind up on that tantric sex chair <3

No silver or no gold
Could dress me up so good
You're the glitter in the darkness of my world
Just tell me what to do
I'll fall right into you
We're going under cast the spell
Just say the word
I feel your love

Boom Clap's second verse alone ends careers.

Let me perch for Charli's sophomore effort.

Jitters

I'll admit I don't listen to the radio often, but holy crap, it is mind blowing how much EDM dominates the airwaves. Still hyped for the Ari song.

EDIT:I can't believe how long it took people to realize I made up those blurbs in the "Problem" thread.
EDIT 2:
YQirzMf.jpg

Break Free sounds terrible. I thought her shtick was copying Mariah. Now she's making shit that sounds like a top 20 single in 2010? She has no identity. What a disgrace of an artist.
shakeno.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Hi

Today on:
Lba5CzN.png

I listened to all of Ray of Light.

Conclusion: Ummmmm. Sorry Madonner stans, I still didn't think it was that amazing. The production was tight and flowed well, but it was pretty samey throughout. The whole thing was tew subdued. There was some nice touches like those strange voices at the beginning of Skin and parts of the first song that I really really liked. My fave songs are Drowned World / Substitute for Love, Ray of Light, Skin, and Frozen. I think the album deserves more listens. I need to pay more attention to the lyrics because omg at the end of Mer Girl when she's smelling a dead corpse :biblio:

Next time, I want all of PopGAF to listen with me (if you can). There's going to be a new pop album to listen to every week. Thursday will be the day we post our thoughts on the album (doesn't have to be huge reviews, unless you want to do that).

So join me next time on:

GncOXX1.png

As we listen to:

Click for Spotify.

*international music update jingle*

f(x) and their Teddy Riley produced follow up to last year's album, "Pink Tape" have dropped the first video teaser for Red Light on Korean TV. Last year's offering included bops such as Shadow, composed by Sophie Ellis-Bextor, seen here in this teaser.
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif

Next time, I want all of PopGAF to listen with me (if you can). There's going to be a new pop album to listen to every week. Thursday will be the day we post our thoughts on the album (doesn't have to be huge reviews, unless you want to do that).

Ooo, lemme join this. Every Sunday (Australian time)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom