• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Ooo, lemme join this. Every Sunday (Australian time)?

I forgot about international time ;_;

I was thinking we would get a week to listen to the album, but we would end the week on thursday. I suspected people that people would prefer a weekday for some reason.

So we would have all of Thursday to discuss (wherever it starts first ddd). And by nighttime Thursday (which would be morning/afternoon Friday in Australia) the next album will be picked.

I forgot about international time ;_;

I was thinking we would get a week to listen to the album, but we would end the week on thursday. I suspected people that people would prefer a weekday for some reason.

So we would have all of Thursday to discuss (wherever it starts first ddd). And by nighttime Thursday (which would be morning/afternoon Friday in Australia) the next album will be picked.

Sounds good, should we collectively vote/suggest the next album or is it a luck of the draw type thing?

cory64

I've only heard the singles. Ewp.

tumblr_n7wsivKcOF1rxcygdo1_400.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
*international music update jingle*

f(x) and their Teddy Riley produced follow up to last year's album, "Pink Tape" have dropped the first video teaser for Red Light on Korean TV. Last year's offering included bops such as Shadow, composed by Sophie Ellis-Bextor, seen here in this teaser.
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif

Red Light sounds pretty interesting, the other song was pretty trash though

But hew hasn't listened to body talk.

tumblr_mxrb0u79S21suxhl0o1_400.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The performance that made me fall in love <3<3
Back when things were a lot simpler and everything was just continuous slayage
She needs to come back to glasto

Vazduh

omg have u guys seen the preview for ariana's next vid, break free?

http://instagram.com/p/pzznhISWVy/

&#9829; barbarella

The preview reminded me of Kylie's video for Put Yourself In My Place, which also paid homage to Barbarella. As for the song, eh, sounds a bit generic from that snippet.

*international music update jingle*

f(x) and their Teddy Riley produced follow up to last year's album, "Pink Tape" have dropped the first video teaser for Red Light on Korean TV.

Hm... I'm looking forward to hearing the song in full.

If you don't hate Robyn, you're in for a treat :)

Matt_

If you don't hate Robyn, you're in for a treat :)

It's not that I dont like her, it's just from the limited exposure I've had to her I've never really seen anything that warranted the amount of praise she gets
Of course it may well change when I listen to ha albums

Vazduh

It's not that I dont like her, it's just from the limited exposure I've had to her I've never really seen anything that warranted the amount of praise she gets
Of course it may well change when I listen to ha albums

You don't have to bother with other albums aside from her self-titled one and Body Talk IMO. The first albums have a handful of solid singles, and that's it.

Matt_

What on earth
Watching Fast and Furious 6 and a wild Rita Ora appears
Rita+Ora+New+Fast+Furious+6+film+fz4VLvW57Aql.jpg

Positively ghastly

Vazduh

Speaking of Robyn, does anyone else remember Swedish singer Jessica Folcker?

sin_folcker_jessica-tell_me_what_you_like.jpg

The same team that wrote hits for Robyn and Britney Spears (the late Denniz Pop, Max Martin etc.) wrote her first single "Tell Me What You Like", which is noticeably similar to Baby One More Time. Both songs were released in 1998.

It's weird how Robyn somehow managed to become pop royalty, while Jessica is now M.I.A. Btw, I had to laugh out loud when read this part on her wiki page:

In 2000, two years after releasing her debut album, Jessica Folcker's second album came out, called Dino, nicknamed after one of her producers. Besides Europe and Asia, Jessica wanted to conquer the USA as well this time around. However, since many Americans pronounced her surname similar to "fucker", she decided to change her name to Folker instead, without the c.

Poor Jess.

Matt_

is this a Friends reference

and Rihanna's understudy has to get some screentime somewhere

tumblr_n7wsivKcOF1rxcygdo1_400.gif

No it wasnt but let us pretend it was
edit; also where is that gif from I cannot stop laughing every time I see it

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Bro told me he finally liked a Rihanna song and I asked him which and he sang this part.

1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, drink
1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, drink
1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, drink

You don´t know how loud I screamed.
KuGsj.gif

Vitanimus

Also shout out to you gorls and your contributions to the PopGAF playlist which I played last night at my house gathering thing and got rave reviews
chick1.gif

Nemesis_

has nobody actually talked about Sia's album at all? I haven't had time to listen to it but it's apparently on iTunes and I thought she had a following

emoji_u1f60f.png

Matt_

It's not worth talking about thats why
Barely two salvageable tracks and one of those came out on another soundtrack

my artrave is tomorrow, and I'll be in general admission.

any suggestions as to what time to get there or where to stand? last time she was in boston was for the monster ball and I had seats so I have no clue what to expect for GA lol

Nemesis_

my artrave is tomorrow, and I'll be in general admission.

any suggestions as to what time to get there or where to stand? last time she was in boston was for the monster ball and I had seats so I have no clue what to expect for GA lol

I hope it's good! I've heard there's a few good places to stand but the stans who have already attended picked the best spot (apparently).

gagalfscn.jpg

The areas marked in black are the best places to stand, she spends a lot of time on the runways. The inside of the upside down U shape at the very end (so in between the ARTPOP Zone and the left most runway) is probably your best bet though I imagine everyone will be flocking there.

It really doesn't seem like being up the front is the best place this time.

Let us know what you think! I haven't seen many in-depth impressions from anyone here yet.......I don't think many here attended.

For those who are following her Jazz album with Tony Bennett, he's confirmed that while they will have duets on the album that there is entirely original songs from both of the artists solo too.

Gaga wrote an original song for the album called "Paradise".
IgIqJUp.gif

Matt_

For those who are following her Jazz album with Tony Bennett, he's confirmed that while they will have duets on the album that there is entirely original songs from both of the artists solo too.

IgIqJUp.gif

Remaining lightly perched for Jazzga and her song naming to wind up the Lana stans

Also Dolly Parton is a queen.

I hope it's good! I've heard there's a few good places to stand but the stans who have already attended picked the best spot (apparently).

gagalfscn.jpg

The areas marked in black are the best places to stand, she spends a lot of time on the runways. The inside of the upside down U shape at the very end (so in between the ARTPOP Zone and the left most runway) is probably your best bet though I imagine everyone will be flocking there.

It really doesn't seem like being up the front is the best place this time.

Let us know what you think! I haven't seen many in-depth impressions from anyone here yet.......I don't think many here attended.

IgIqJUp.gif

Thanks! I'll definitely post impressions on tuesday.

royalan

has nobody actually talked about Sia's album at all? I haven't had time to listen to it but it's apparently on iTunes and I thought she had a following

emoji_u1f60f.png

Personally, I don't pirate albums that I'm actually anticipating like some of y'all do.

But that's none of my business tho.

3O5J6US.gif

Matt_

Personally, I don't pirate albums that I'm actually anticipating like some of y'all do.

But that's none of my business tho.

3O5J6US.gif

Were you part of unapologeticide? If you were the SHADE

Koodo

Banned
The real kii of unapologenocide was that Lotus was publicly pirated a few weeks before but the moderating team simply couldn't be bothered.

3O5J6US.gif

oh shit, I'm afraid my ignorant ass is gonna get got. Thanks, Booty Patrol, you silly hoe
But people also change their skincolor to cosplay Kratos, The Hulk, Beast and Majin Boo. Nightwolf cosplay is also a thing. But people never complain about them.

tumblr_lov0z599ZP1qhxr17o1_400.gif

QUICK, PM me a shirtless pic before you get banned so I have something to remember you by ;__;

Matt_

Slay lana dear
BrUsmOACEAEYAxw.jpg

Nice knowing you beysus. Let us hope you have a more successful revival than dear Michelle is

Matt_

sdfknwelcqnelicn
needs more kisses and glitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom