• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

Excerpts from an interview with a former engineer about working with Prince.

Excerpt from Rolling Stones' track by track review:

Also:

Etta James covering Purple Rain

From Yahoo!

Spotify link

Prince is also connected to another landmark anniversary this week. Director Tim Burton’s superhero movie classic “Batman” – which featured a song soundtrack by Prince – turned 25 on Monday.
ibeNO2xPcvzXfq.gif

I weep for your faves.

One of the most iconic eras of all time. Only the legend himself.

iX95qricHdIc.gif

That anniversary edition BETTER see the light of day
ibu2F0Qg7Bvcsw.gif

I don't think I've ever posted my last.fm, have I? Well, now I have. It was kinda borked for a bit but I think I've fixed it now. I hope I haven't misrepresented my tastes, haha.

I was bopping to Breakin' Dishes at 2 in the morning, it's such an amazing song. I need R8 sooon

Also, yeah True Romance is a-ma-ziiiiiiing. But idk, there wasn't much that interested me in 2013 so maybe that makes it seem better to me lol. Haim were the only other debut that interested me, unless you count Sky I guess. My fave song is probs Set Me Free.

SuperLove and Boom Clap are proof that her sophomore effort will continue to snatch and eviscerate. I saw TFiOS on Weds, Boom Clap was the only worthwhile moment, the rest was a mess of stilted speech (NOBODY SPEAKS LIKE THAT) and embarrassing displays of emotion. I recommend against it.
And as soon as I saw Augustus had a poster of Mass Effect 3 in his room, he stopped being hot.

OctaHate is still killing me. I need to purchase it, Rynsus. Homegurl needs to get that payola before the hype wears off.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I have super compatability with like everyone except Touchdown and Pister (not sure hew this is but they're pending on the popgaf group)

Sent fried requests to everyone but add me if I missed <3
Gaga just dominates my plays so much it's not even funny. 2x the nearest competitor

Vitanimus

Feel your body closing, I can rip it open
Suck me up, I'm healing for the shit you're dealing
Smoke on your skin to get those pretty eyes rolling
My thighs are apart for when you’re ready to breathe in
Suck me up, I'm healing with all the shit you're dealing
Motherfucker, get your mouth open, you know you’re mine

ibx2P0GKZl8JXi.gif

Vazduh

Never Forever, sent you a request on last.fm. Thanks for the request, Matt_ :*

edit: so Latch is whackexcellence. Thanks for the request, sis!

Your musical compatibility with whackexcellence is SUPER
Music you have in common includes Lana Del Rey, Sam Smith, V V Brown, Iggy Azalea and Lykke Li.

Super compatibility with almost everyone from POPGAF
(except Touchdown)
? Yas.

I have super compatability with like everyone except Touchdown and Pister (not sure hew this is but they're pending on the popgaf group)

Sent fried requests to everyone but add me if I missed <3
Gaga just dominates my plays so much it's not even funny. 2x the nearest competitor

We have high compatibility.

"Music you have in common includes Azealia Banks, Lady Gaga, M.I.A., Beyoncé and Kerli."

slé

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Added y'all, mines here
Even though I only ever play dota

Mau ®

I'm thinking of listening to my first Rihanna album. Which one should I start with?

If you want:

Instrospective, Urban-ish Rih = Unapologetic
Pop Rih = LOUD (lots of fillers doe)
Urban/Pop Rih =Talk That Talk (same as above)
Angry Rih = Rated R
this one is my fave

GGGB hasn't aged well and she sounds like a child in it. Her voice has gotten stronger since then. And #neaux1curr for the mixtapes.

Eaux @ that bitch Foxes finally putting Glorious on US Spotify.

Not even sure how long it's been on there. I just saw a banner for it.

Let me give it a listen.
Later.

I'm thinking of listening to my first Rihanna album. Which one should I start with?

Rated R because it's the most consistent quality wise.

She has yet to top it.

Mau ®;118480202 said:
GGGB hasn't aged well and she sounds like a child in it. Her voice has gotten stronger since then. And #neaux1curr for the mixtapes.

Agreed tbh.

The only non-single you need from GGGB is Breakin' Jesus. A crime it was never a single.

Yado

Listen to Unapologetic, don't bother with the rest. The good songs are few and far between like all of her albums but it's her most recent so it's not as stale as the others yet.

I always recommend you start from the beginning and make you way through it. Except with Rihanna you start with Good Girl Gone Bad, which is still I think my favorite album of hers. It sounds the most complete to me, and while she's evolved quite a bit since then (vocally and otherwise), I still think it has her catchiest material. Think of it as her version of The Fame. Loud would be her The Fame Monster, coz it brings all of her musical sensibilities (pop, urban, reggae) and mashes them together to make catchy radio music. Rated R is sort of like her Born This Way; it's harsher and darker but it's the first of her heavy hip-hop twinge, which she then fully embraces with Talk That Talk and Unapologetic, which are sort of a yin and yang. They're both average but if you were to shave off half of each one and put the good songs together, you'd have one really solid album. That's just my two cents though.

Mau ®

Selena Gomez is working on a Greatest Hits alberm.

This is good news because she has a decent collection bops IMO. Way better than Demon's.

Stars Dance is the best POP album of last year

Mau ®;118511465 said:
Selena Gomez is working on a Greatest Hits alberm.

This is good news because she has a decent collection bops IMO. Way better than Demon's.

Stars Dance is the best POP album of last year

Um but she has like two albums

Listen to Unapologetic, don't bother with the rest. The good songs are few and far between like all of her albums but it's her most recent so it's not as stale as the others yet.

I always recommend you start from the beginning and make you way through it. Except with Rihanna you start with Good Girl Gone Bad, which is still I think my favorite album of hers. It sounds the most complete to me, and while she's evolved quite a bit since then (vocally and otherwise), I still think it has her catchiest material. Think of it as her version of The Fame. Loud would be her The Fame Monster, coz it brings all of her musical sensibilities (pop, urban, reggae) and mashes them together to make catchy radio music. Rated R is sort of like her Born This Way; it's harsher and darker but it's the first of her heavy hip-hop twinge, which she then fully embraces with Talk That Talk and Unapologetic, which are sort of a yin and yang. They're both average but if you were to shave off half of each one and put the good songs together, you'd have one really solid album. That's just my two cents though.

Thanks. I'll probably work my way backwards.

Mau ®

Mess.

"Come and Get It"
"Birthday"
"Naturally"
"Love you like a love song"
"Who Says"
"A year without rain"

All BOPS. If Hewlary Duff could release 3 GH's without a single hit, then so can The Mexican Madonna.

Mau ®;118512419 said:
Mess.

"Come and Get It"
"Birthday"
"Naturally"
"Love you like a love song"
"Who Says"
"A year without rain"

All BOPS. If Hewlary Duff could release 3 GH's without a single hit, then so can The Mexican Madonna.

Even though only two of these were *actually* hits, stretching it to 6 still doesn't even come close to warranting a whole Greatest Hits album. But then again, maybe she's just not in my musical circles. If there's potential for it to sell then why the hell not.

Also isn't she like 19?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom