• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orange is the New Black is so good. I recommend it to everyone. Between it, Orphan Black and The Americans I guess American TV isn't so bad. Does anyone know where I can get gifs from it that aren't shitty Tumblr ones?

During my four-day marathon, I frequently had the opportunity to meditate as Netflix crapped out between episodes because it hates me, and I reflected on my musical journey through 2014.

Album of 2014 so far: Food - Kelis
Song of 2014 so far: Tough Love - Jessie Ware
EP of 2014 so far: Truth Serum - Tove Lo

Also, A Girl Like Me and Madonna are good albums and they don't get given enough credit in the grand scheme of things. Stars were launched when those bombs dropped.
idrQfG6jqhGSJ.gif

And Robyn debuted two new songs on the Do It Again Tour- Set Me Free and Love Is Free.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
About to watch Paris Is Burning and ed-u-cate myself

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Orange is the New Black is overrated, you know your show is lacking when the supporting cast is much more interesting than whatever is going on with the main character

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Orange is the New Black is so good. I recommend it to everyone. Between it, Orphan Black and The Americans I guess American TV isn't so bad.
You need to watch Hannibal. I'm quite certain you'll add it to that list of great shows.

I've also heard that Rectify is amazing, but I haven't started it yet.

Grizzo

So saturday was the Gay Pride in Paris, and then later that night I went to Cocotte Club, which is the most famous and best gay party in Paris. If someday you’re in Paris and want to hear good electronic/pop music and awesome artists live, that’s the place to be. Plus people are nice and they all look hot.

The line-up was pretty cool, with some big names. The first of them was AlunaGeorge. Here are some pics from their set:

They played all of their first album, including their cover of Montell Jordan’s This Is How We Do It.

Next up was Yelle. They played all of their hits and some album tracks and also some new songs from their new album.

Once again, some pics:

Here is Grand Marnier (who looks still hot as hell):

Here he is shaking his ass for the (thirsty) audience

And here is Julie, the singer:

Here is a pic of her I took backstage with my old-ass polaroid (I moved so the picture doesn’t look that clean).

We also talked for a little while since I know her a bit. Also pictured are some Yelle goodies (candies and condoms named after their new single).

Which brings me to that: their new single was released today on YouTube. I think it’s co-produced by Dr Luke. They are now signed on his US label, Kemosabe.

There was also Dominique Young Unique but I was unable to catch her set because she played as the same time as Yelle, but in another room. I just heard her do her single with Diplo, Earthquake. I also heard she was kind of a diva and insufferable when she got there. Couldn’t get to meet her because she left right after her set.

Overall, that was a great night that I wanted to share with Pop-GAF!

Vazduh

I can't, this slayage in the making. First studio snippet out today at somepoint as well.

10430868_418382471633103_5459945925551193458_n.jpg

Is it just me or does Ally look a bit cross-eyed? :eek: It's a good single cover otherwise.

Overall, that was a great night that I wanted to share with Pop-GAF!

I enjoyed reading your post, thanks for sharing :) And I like that Yelle single you posted, although production reminds me of Wrecking Ball a bit. I guess that proves Dr. Luke produced it :D

But wait, this EP actually shits
anigif_enhanced-14809-1404141035-5.gif

ikr? Especially Pop Rock and Bed Squeak.

Such FILTHY bops.

T3XS6uG.gif

SaintZ

I can't, this slayage in the making. First studio snippet out today at somepoint as well.

10430868_418382471633103_5459945925551193458_n.jpg
Ally looks like she's lost and is wearing granny panties and Dinah is serving some Wendy Williams realness with that pouting.

Thanks for the pics and the review, Grizzo.

The only Yelle song I knew was Je Veux Te Voir from a while back (and it was pretty cool) but I'm not sure I'm feeling Bouquet Final.

Grizzo

Is it just me or does Ally look a bit cross-eyed? :eek: It's a good single cover otherwise.

I enjoyed reading your post, thanks for sharing :) And I like that Yelle single you posted, although production reminds me of Wrecking Ball a bit. I guess that proves Dr. Luke produced it :D

Yeah, I thought about Wrecking Ball too! Also Britney's Inside Out.

I hope it's a sign of great things to come. They also released L'Amour Parfait before this one.
But I think both of these are only buzz singles. More to come in Fall!

Ally looks like she's lost and is wearing granny panties and Dinah is serving some Wendy Williams realness with that pouting.

Thanks for the pics and the review, Grizzo.

The only Yelle song I knew was Je Veux Te Voir from a while back (and it was pretty cool) but I'm not sure I'm feeling Bouquet Final.

Try their second album, which was miles better than the first one (from where Je Veux Te Voir was taken). They've been opening with Katy Perry for her North American leg two years ago for this album (it seems like she's a nice girl and very professional by the way). I think you're gonna like these:

Safari Disco Club

Que Veux-Tu

Comme Un Enfant

L'Amour Parfait

SaintZ

Try their second album, which was miles better than the first one (from where Je Veux Te Voir was taken). They've been opening with Katy Perry for her North American leg two years ago for this album (it seems like she's a nice girl and very professional by the way). I think you're gonna like these:

Safari Disco Club

Que Veux-Tu

Comme Un Enfant

L'Amour Parfait
O, let me check these out later when I got a little bit of free time :gaycat:
I'm only here for Lauren tbh

i7sDGy3xV01BJ.gif

Camila and Normani. look good too i guess.

Imogen Heap - Run-Time

From her upcoming album 'Sparks' which will be released on the 18th August. This release date should stick because she's self-releasing rather than waiting on label shenanigans.
Preorders and shizz are up on Amazon, probs on iTunes soon. The Deluxe contains instrumentals of all 14 tracks, which should be nice. The album is basically a collection of all the Heapsongs she's released over the past however many years plus a couple more, so it may not even be that exciting for most people but I think it looks awesome. And that was kind of the point of the project, an album in progress thingy leading up to the actual album but whatever.

Some of the techniques she's used and things she's invented have been crazy, like musical gloves that are genuinely the closest thing to magic ever.

If you're a crazy mofo you can buy the Super Deluxe Edition for £200. About the same as a Vita, but you'll probs get more mileage out of this. Includes a ton of shit. I think the ship has sailed on the 100 golden tickets but you can still get the rest:
She's bonkers and I love it. Like, proper inventive and mad and actually legendary and all the words that are abused but actually make sense here.

She talks a bit more about things here if you're bored and want to watch a legend speaking about release dates and things. God, I wish I could meet her.

/heappost

I got the urge to scream out
Pull out the bird, let's be out
And I don't know about you
I'm got it popping like I'm suppose to do
Don't hold your breath girls breathe out
Sweat out the perm pull your weave out
And tell the world it's time and that we going to love you and hurry scream out loud
Say I

Ima make it happen
Ima make a way
If you got something to prove
If you feel the same way
Say I

I'm going to keep it gangster
Ima make it hot
If you feeling like I do, then people throw your hands up
Say I

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Now Sia's album is streaming on iTunes.

Interesting. "Elastic Heart" on 1000 Forms of Fear is just Sia, not a duet with The Weeknd. It's still a great fucking song, but I'm not gonna lie... I'm a sucker for any song with both male and female vocals. I think I'll keep using The Hunger Games version.

Nemesis_

Now Sia's album is streaming on iTunes.

Interesting. "Elastic Heart" on 1000 Forms of Fear is just Sia, not a duet with The Weeknd. It's still a great fucking song, but I'm not gonna lie... I'm a sucker for any song with both male and female vocals. I think I'll keep using The Hunger Games version.

I swear I saw an ad on Facebook saying it was streaming a while ago. Same time it leaked, so I assumed it was because of that.

Maybe Australians got access to it earlier than others since she is an Australian artist? Who knows.

I'll probably give it a proper listen this week it's just a crazy week. Chandelier and that song that came after Eye of the Needle was okay.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
that song that came after Eye of the Needle was okay.
I like Big Girls Cry, the third song she put up, better than Eye of the Needle.

I'm digging this CD, although it's definitely a Sia album. If you didn't like her pre-Titanium and her recent pop writing career, you probably won't enjoy this too much.

Nemesis_

I like Big Girls Cry, the third song she put up, better than Eye of the Needle.

I'm digging this CD, although it's definitely a Sia album. If you didn't like her pre-Titanium and her recent pop writing career, you probably won't enjoy this too much.

I actually enjoyed her funky disco pop albums prior to her putting out loud anthems bangers like she is now.

I'm a bit sick of her YOU CAN'T SEE MY FACE shtick but I'm doing my best to separate that from her music ._.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I'm a bit sick of her YOU CAN'T SEE MY FACE shtick but I'm doing my best to separate that from her music ._.
Oh, I fucking hate it. I thought it was cute on Ellen since she had the girl from her music video dancing. That should have been the end of it though.

Koodo

Banned
Eaux, that sia alberg. I don't use outside of the singles I already have (Chandelier, Elastic Heart) and Free The Animal.

🚮

The tracklist for Ariana's album is out:

Tracklist:
1. “Intro”
2. “Problem” feat. Iggy Azalea
3. “One Last Time”
4. “Why Try”
5. “Break Free” feat. Zedd
6. “Best Mistake” feat. Big Sean
7. “Be My Baby” feat. Cashmere Cat
8. “Break Your Heart Right Back” feat. Childish Gambino
9. “Love Me Harder” feat. The Weeknd
10. “A Little Bit Of Your Heart”
11. “Hands On Me” feat. A$AP Ferg
12. “My Everything”

That's a lot of features, does her label not have confidence in her to carry a song on her own?

And I guess this confirms that the female artists the Weeknd was said to be working with isn't Rihanna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom