• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

GRL - Ugly Heart (music video)

0V5tYwV.gif

Just like G ykceB's RewohS, it's one of my guilty pleasures at the moment. The video is cute, too!

Styles

The tracklist for Ariana's album is out:

Tracklist:
1. “Intro”
2. “Problem” feat. Iggy Azalea
3. “One Last Time”
4. “Why Try”
5. “Break Free” feat. Zedd
6. “Best Mistake” feat. Big Sean
7. “Be My Baby” feat. Cashmere Cat
8. “Break Your Heart Right Back” feat. Childish Gambino
9. “Love Me Harder” feat. The Weeknd
10. “A Little Bit Of Your Heart”
11. “Hands On Me” feat. A$AP Ferg
12. “My Everything”

That's a lot of features, does her label not have confidence in her to carry a song on her own?

And I guess this confirms that the female artists the Weeknd was said to be working with isn't Rihanna.

And to think the CEO of Lord's label was scared that Ariana would punch Tyler out of the game.

i20kWUtskQpEY.gif

Tokubetsu

Weeknd and A$AP Ferg features? Oh lord. This is her "Stripped" isn't it? I don't think the Weeknd has ever written a line that couldn't be be about eating pussy or doing cocaine.

I just listened to rewohS for the first time. What the fuck is this? It's not offensively bad and funny enough to be the next Friday. And it's not catchy and polished enough to be the next Call Me Maybe.

It's just completely boring in every way. Let me never listen to it again.

britney-spears-x-factor-demi-lovato-sorry-i-dont-get-it.gif

Grizzo

I just listened to rewohS for the first time. What the fuck is this? It's not offensively bad and funny enough to be the next Friday. And it's not catchy and polished enough to be the next Call Me Maybe.

It's just completely boring in every way. Let me never listen to it again.

britney-spears-x-factor-demi-lovato-sorry-i-dont-get-it.gif

I was just like you when the song was released like 4 months ago.

And then one day, on a sunny afternoon, my iTunes played it on shuffle and it just clicked. I don't know, it all made sense. The production is great (love the bass and also the hook with violins), the chorus is catchy, and her flow is cute. I don't know, it's just a cool song.

Quite shallow, nothing too fancy, but nice to listen to.

SaintZ

Speaking of Ariana Grande, Jessie Straight's new single will feature Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj.

Bladenic, SaintZ, Nito, royalan... and all of you undercover Inna stans, here's something to look forward to (or dread).

Coming soon.

Here's a photo from the music video set.
Nicki and Ariana? That's a random combo is it not? I liked Wild when it first came out so we'll see about this. Are you in for this Pupi? :eli:

As for Inna yaaaaaaaaas, the Romanian Queen better serve a bop

iN4DVmzpwHjeF.gif

Although with Shitbull being there too, IDK. And I'm reading that apparently the new album is coming next year? Is she going to release half of the songs before the actual alberm drops again? Mess.

Rewohs is alright, less offensive and more catchy than I thought it was going to be.

Bladenic

Nicki and Ariana? That's a random combo is it not? I liked Wild when it first came out so we'll see about this. Are you in for this Pupi? :eli:

As for Inna yaaaaaaaaas, the Romanian Queen better serve a bop

iN4DVmzpwHjeF.gif

Although with Shitbull being there too, IDK. And I'm reading that apparently the new album is coming next year? Is she going to release half of the songs before the actual alberm drops again? Mess.

Rewohs is alright, less offensive and more catchy than I thought it was going to be.

Next year?? Wtf it was supposed to be out this summer I thought. A mess.

Anyway I'm ready for a new summer jam from ha, hopefully Pitbull doesn't ruin it.

artRave was amazing, I had a blast.

I think I got wristband #260~? Boston's venue does a wristband system for GA, so I was pretty close to the front of the line for GA. I wasn't a fan of Crayon Pop (don't like k-pop), and Starlight was on stage for way too long. Monsturds did not seem impressed by either.

Anyways, onto Gaga. The stage was beautiful. I wasn't really impressed when I saw mockups/photos, but when I saw it in person it was really cool. I decided to stand right around the lounge area as suggested by that picture. There definitely isn't a perfect place in GA lol, no matter where you were you wouldn't be able to see everything. However she was really close to me during a lot of the show. One of my friends moved up towards the middle when we couldn't see her and ended up grabbing (I can't think of a better word lol) her when she did Manicure.

The faster songs like GUY, Manicure, Donatella, Just Dance, Poker Face, Telephone, etc were definitely better since the crowd could get into them and they fit the "Rave" theme. Alejandro, DWUW, and Paparazzi were nice, but people weren't really sure what to do during them lol. I enjoyed GUY, Manicure, and Gypsy the most. The energy from Gaga + the crowd was awesome, everyone was always jumping and looked like they were having fun. I was surprised to see people who had seats dancing too. I only had a couple small gripes with the concert. You can tell Gaga has toned down choreography a lot after the hip injury, it doesn't really take away from the show but it is noticeable.

I went with a two big Gaga fans, and two people who are just kind of casual fans. Everyone was really really really impressed and thought it was great. I loved the whole thing.

I'm pretty bad with these big write ups, so if someone wants specifics on something just ask.

edit: also people who stay on their phones taking pictures of the concert the whole time are the worst.

I'm seeing Gaga in 13 days. I'm so excited... the only time I saw her live was when she did this tiny little gig here in Austin called Second Chance Prom, and it was right around when LoveGame was on the radio. She was in this glittery bodysuit with ha short blonde bangs and ha disco stick. She was electrifying, and I touched her hand when she walked off the stage. Can't wait for the live sequel.

Glad to hear you had fun Poker Face... the set looks like it's a far cry from the Born This Way Ball as far as cohesion goes but having skipped out on that completely there will be nothing for me to compare it to, lol. I'll give my impressions after the fact, along with some pics hopefully.

Grizzo

I'm seeing Gaga in 13 days. I'm so excited... the only time I saw her live was when she did this tiny little gig here in Austin called Second Chance Prom, and it was right around when LoveGame was on the radio. She was in this glittery bodysuit with ha short blonde bangs and ha disco stick. She was electrifying, and I touched her hand when she walked off the stage. Can't wait for the live sequel.

Glad to hear you had fun Poker Face... the set looks like it's a far cry from the Born This Way Ball as far as cohesion goes but having skipped out on that completely there will be nothing for me to compare it to, lol. I'll give my impressions after the fact, along with some pics hopefully.

Lucky you! I only saw Gaga once live, it was during the summer of 2009. The Fame Monster wasn't even out (neither was Bad Romance). It was at the Olympia, which is a medium-sized venue, way smaller than Bercy where she's now always performing every time she comes in Paris.

Kinda reminds me of when I saw Rihanna opening for The Pussycat Dolls in 2006. How the tables have turned, haha.

Have fun!

Nemesis_

I think I got wristband #260~? Boston's venue does a wristband system for GA, so I was pretty close to the front of the line for GA. I wasn't a fan of Crayon Pop (don't like k-pop), and Starlight was on stage for way too long. Monsturds did not seem impressed by either.

Anyways, onto Gaga. The stage was beautiful. I wasn't really impressed when I saw mockups/photos, but when I saw it in person it was really cool. I decided to stand right around the lounge area as suggested by that picture. There definitely isn't a perfect place in GA lol, no matter where you were you wouldn't be able to see everything. However she was really close to me during a lot of the show. One of my friends moved up towards the middle when we couldn't see her and ended up grabbing (I can't think of a better word lol) her when she did Manicure.

The faster songs like GUY, Manicure, Donatella, Just Dance, Poker Face, Telephone, etc were definitely better since the crowd could get into them and they fit the "Rave" theme. Alejandro, DWUW, and Paparazzi were nice, but people weren't really sure what to do during them lol. I enjoyed GUY, Manicure, and Gypsy the most. The energy from Gaga + the crowd was awesome, everyone was always jumping and looked like they were having fun. I was surprised to see people who had seats dancing too. I only had a couple small gripes with the concert. You can tell Gaga has toned down choreography a lot after the hip injury, it doesn't really take away from the show but it is noticeable.

I went with a two big Gaga fans, and two people who are just kind of casual fans. Everyone was really really really impressed and thought it was great. I loved the whole thing.

I'm pretty bad with these big write ups, so if someone wants specifics on something just ask.

edit: also people who stay on their phones taking pictures of the concert the whole time are the worst.

Can you describe what you would feel if you were sitting in the ARTPOP Zone? Sometimes I think it feels too far away from the stage. Can you even see those people? I can't really imagine how elevated the stage is.

Kinda reminds me of when I saw Rihanna opening for The Pussycat Dolls in 2006. How the tables have turned, haha.

Have fun!

First time I saw Gaga, she did the entire Fame Ball as an opening act for The Pussycat Dolls. Her show was more elaborate and interesting than the Pussycat Dolls. About 3/4 of the arena left after Gaga was done, lol

Fevaweva

The tracklist for Ariana's album is out:

Tracklist:
1. “Intro”
2. “Problem” feat. Iggy Azalea
3. “One Last Time”
4. “Why Try”
5. “Break Free” feat. Zedd
6. “Best Mistake” feat. Big Sean
7. “Be My Baby” feat. Cashmere Cat
8. “Break Your Heart Right Back” feat. Childish Gambino
9. “Love Me Harder” feat. The Weeknd
10. “A Little Bit Of Your Heart”
11. “Hands On Me” feat. A$AP Ferg
12. “My Everything”

That's a lot of features, does her label not have confidence in her to carry a song on her own?

And I guess this confirms that the female artists the Weeknd was said to be working with isn't Rihanna.

Too many features. Hype deflated.

And yeah I have the same question. You'd think someone as famous as Ariana Grande could have a few solo songs...maybe its because she doesn't have much penetration outside of America?

Bladenic

Too many features. Hype deflated.

And yeah I have the same question. You'd think someone as famous as Ariana Grande could have a few solo songs...maybe its because she doesn't have much penetration outside of America?

Her first album had almost no features and the only hit had a feature, so it makes sense.

enjoy it! I miss it already ;_;

Can you describe what you would feel if you were sitting in the ARTPOP Zone? Sometimes I think it feels too far away from the stage. Can you even see those people? I can't really imagine how elevated the stage is.

The way it was setup in Boston made them look really bad. I originally thought the ARTPOP Zone was elevated to be the same height as the stage, but it was almost at the same level of GA, maybe a couple inches higher. I stood right around the little opening near the ARTPOP Zone in this picture and had a hard time seeing the main stage (one of the runways blocked my view).

54184s_a.gif

I would just go into GA for most of it and head back to ARTPOP Zone for BTW if that's possible.

Vazduh

JzABgM2.gif

Wait, next year? How? Why? Can her team do anything right?

It's gonna be shit, isn't it? :(

I can smell it from a mile away: a generic dance-pop track with Jessie and Ariana screeching over one another and a Nicki Minaj verse by-the-numbers. Mark my words.

I'll gladly eat my crow if it turns out to be good though!

Yeah, it's going to be a hot screechy mess, and Nicki's probably going to do something similar to her Carly Rae Jepsen feature (that is, lazy).

Can't wait.

QWkf43c.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.

I'm seeing Gaga in 13 days.

aw I'm so jealous of both of you
and happy for you too ;)
I've never been to a concert cuz none of my faves ever come here, but Gaga finally came to my mediocre city up here in Canada in May which I never thought she would, and by the time I was set to get tickets, they were going for $475 each for the few seats that were left :( :( :( that plus the huge car repair bill that came out of nowhere at the same time = couldn't be worse timing. Hopefully she comes back to Winnipeg for Artrave 2.0 or whatever her next era will be.
My office building is near the arena and I even resorted to heading there on my lunch break the day of to see if I would "happen" to run into her lol... O_______O

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.

LMFAOOO I have to say cory64 I'm LOVING your Big Brother gifs! Since I have to stay out of the iconic BB thread I love so much to avoid spoilers for the truncated televised mess of the show, I appreciate seeing them in here! ;)

tumblr_inline_mtg3mrcNip1s7cmvn.gif

SaintZ

Wait, next year? How? Why? Can her team do anything right?
Well, the album's date is still TBA, so it might change but I guess it could still come out during the summer. We'll see.

Oh and Good Charlotte The Madden Brothers have a new song out (I didn't know they had reunited) and their sound is way more pop now. It features Claire Holt. I don't know who's who since the fat one lost all that weight.

SaintZ

OMG

YOUR EARLY READS: With the usual caveats, here are some early numbers on the week's new releases. Enjoy with your recommended daily allowance of sodium.

Trey Songz (Atlantic) 85-95k
Seether (Bicycle Music/Concord) 35-40k
Magic! (Latium/RCA) 27-32k
Robin Thicke (Star Trak/Interscope) 20-25k

Trey's take should be good for #1. You may now return to hyperventilating over the USA-Belgium match. (7/1p)
Robin's strategy is not working

oFiJG.gif

Mau ®

I am listening to OLD SCHOOL SHAKIRA.

Man, what the fuck happened? She's trash now. Complete trash.

How you gonna go from "Antología" to "Dare (Lol Lol)"? Ugh.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Mau ®;119154632 said:
I am listening to OLD SCHOOL SHAKIRA.

Man, what the fuck happened? She's trash now. Complete trash.

How you gonna go from "Antología" to "Dare (Lol Lol)"? Ugh.

yes, now you see :clap3:

enigmatic_alex44

Mau ®;119158892 said:
tumblr_n7turnvn7a1qzv7sfo1_250.gif

omg. iwhsikegvikuhewie

i love her.

LMAOOO

I'm no fan of Rih's music, but I will say she has truly mastered social media and trolling her fans.

Wasn't she just on Twitter last week trolling all the soccer fans and cheering for Germany???
crying.gif

In a recent concert in Ohio Bey changed some lyrics in the song Resentment

Changed lyrics include:
I'll always remember feeling like I was no good
Like I couldn't do it for you like that white bitch could
And it's all because you lied

Been riding with you for 12 years

Look what you've done-done to me now,
I gotta look at her in her eyes and see she's had half of me, she ain't even half of me. That BITCH will never be.
And it's all because you lied.

Get slayed by those vocals Roy!

royalan

LMAOOO

I'm no fan of Rih's music, but I will say she has truly mastered social media and trolling her fans.

Wasn't she just on Twitter last week trolling all the soccer fans and cheering for Germany???
crying.gif

I don't get the impression Rih likes the US very much.

When Unapologetic went #1 in the US, wasn't her response on Twitter basically, "Oh? It went #1 there?"

Yado

In a recent concert in Ohio Bey changed some lyrics in the song Resentment

Changed lyrics include:
I'll always remember feeling like I was no good
Like I couldn't do it for you like that white bitch could
And it's all because you lied

Been riding with you for 12 years

Look what you've done-done to me now,
I gotta look at her in her eyes and see she's had half of me, she ain't even half of me. That BITCH will never be.
And it's all because you lied.

Get slayed by those vocals Roy!

She said "wack bitch"
Either way,
i0i7lbraEzH8O.gif

royalan

Beyonce's always sang "That wack bitch" when performing Resentment.

What's suspect is that she keeps changing the years to match how long she and Jay have been together.

He definitely cheated. But this isn't exactly news. Jay has only recently started being faithful to Bey, and that's largely because a) he knows she's getting ready to leave his ass; and b) he's getting old. Kiiiii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom