• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beyonce's always sang "That wack bitch" when performing Resentment.
Well, damn.
What's suspect is that she keeps changing the years to match how long she and Jay have been together.
Well, shit!
He definitely cheated. But this isn't exactly news. Jay has only recently started being faithful to Bey, and that's largely because a) he knows she's getting ready to leave his ass; and b) he's getting old. Kiiiii
lol.

Yado

Beyonce's always sang "That wack bitch" when performing Resentment.

What's suspect is that she keeps changing the years to match how long she and Jay have been together.

He definitely cheated. But this isn't exactly news. Jay has only recently started being faithful to Bey, and that's largely because a) he knows she's getting ready to leave his ass; and b) he's getting old. Kiiiii

What makes that suspect? If they've been together for 12 years why would she continue to say 6?

Mumei

Has she always worn that outfit while singing the song on tour?

Edit: Roy, you have to listen to the links in my PM :(

royalan

OMG

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS

THIS IS EVERYTHING I NEEDED RIGHT NOW.

THIS RATCHETNESS YES I LIIIIIIIVEEEE

OMG "FUCK TEXTING" IS EVERYTHING

CALL THAT NIGGA
CALL THAT NIGGA
FUCK THAT TEXTIN SHIT
IF A NIGGA DONT PICK UP THEN ITS THEM HOES HE WITH
GUESS I GOT TO GET WITH MY BITCHES AND HOP IN THE WHIP
RIDE AROUND SEE WHAT BITCH HOPPIN ON MY MAN DICK!

OMG I AM SLAIN

Yado

Britney's unedited Alien vocals

ibbb8GzpCTkgA8.gif

In a recent concert in Ohio Bey changed some lyrics in the song Resentment

Changed lyrics include:
I'll always remember feeling like I was no good
Like I couldn't do it for you like that white bitch could
And it's all because you lied

Been riding with you for 12 years

Look what you've done-done to me now,
I gotta look at her in her eyes and see she's had half of me, she ain't even half of me. That BITCH will never be.
And it's all because you lied.

Get slayed by those vocals Roy!
When can I expect Obsessed 2 bey?
OFWkigV.gif

Mumei

http://www.adriennetrier-bieniek.com/current-calls-for-papers.html

Current Calls for Papers
CFP for "The Beyonce Effect: Gender, Race and the Body Politics of the World’s Biggest Pop Star.” (Rowman and Littlefield) Abstracts due 7/15-Details below.

This edited volume presents a multi-layered portrait of the music and persona of Beyoncé. Since her introduction as a member of Destiny’s Child during the pop music scene of the late 1990s, “Queen B” has been a lightning rod for praise and criticism from scholars and critics alike. While some see Beyoncé as an empowering presence and in every way celebrating the “independent women” she praises in her music, others view her as detrimental to women’s rights and identities. This book will serve as a collection of essays which explore all aspects of Beyoncé, those that are perceived as positive as well as those that are perceived as negative. For example, recently feminist theorist and writer, bell hooks, during a talk at The New School in New York City, referred to Beyoncé as a terrorist, “anti-feminist” and connected her music video’s to that of being a “slave.” The response from the feminist community and music community to hooks’s words was overwhelming and critical with most feeling that Beyoncé represents a new face of feminism, one that forms their own opinions and actions regarding gender equality. Additionally, an academic course has been taught at Rutgers which relates Beyoncé’s songs to poetry and prose written by many Black scholars and activists and Beyoncé’s philanthropy to help women and girls has been housed in the non-profit project “Chime for Change."

I'm looking forward to Roy's contribution. You know he probably already submitted it, too.

In a recent concert in Ohio Bey changed some lyrics in the song Resentment

Changed lyrics include:
I'll always remember feeling like I was no good
Like I couldn't do it for you like that white bitch could
And it's all because you lied

Been riding with you for 12 years

Look what you've done-done to me now,
I gotta look at her in her eyes and see she's had half of me, she ain't even half of me. That BITCH will never be.
And it's all because you lied.

Get slayed by those vocals Roy!

That was my concert!! <333 I was wondering about that... <_< I thought I heard it as white bitch.

I suspect Jay-Z forgot which city in Ohio he was in, because he shouted out Cincinnati exactly once, when he came out, and we were Ohio from that point on. XP

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Madonna just Instagranned a snippet of the song named 'Messiah'[/URL], feels like she's been teasing since forever. Apparently there may also be a track called 'Bitch I'm Madonna' (what's with all the Bitches?) but I can't find a source for that.

YASSSSS finally some new Madonna news! :) I am BEYOND hyped for "Unapologetic Bitch" or "Rebel Heart" or whatever she ends up naming her 13th magnum opus

BTW is anybody here a fan of Capitol Cities? I'm not normally a fan of male vocals but I'm digging them a bit
Their most well known single Safe and Sound is ok, I LOVE the saxophone portion which is why it's on my playlist tbh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47dtFZ8CFo8

My fave though is this jam (SOLD MY BED BUT NOT MY STEREO):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfWuOIFupU
Love blasting this and singing along while driving
I see those other drivers giving me those looks xD
tumblr_inline_mnw17p7tg51qz4rgp.gif

SaintZ

Wait at Lana getting over Barrie so fast

jjjjjj

His name is Francesco Carrozzini and has connections to Vogue Italia or something.
He is the son of that goblin Franca Sozzani, editor in chief of Vogue Italia.

He's gorge and appeared on ANTM during C15.

Also: LYRIC VIDEO FOR GOOD TIME

Yes bitch, you better serve the bops.
Cola Song is better tho, this sounds even more generic :rip:

Vazduh

Also: LYRIC VIDEO FOR GOOD TIME

Yes bitch, you better serve the bops.
Cola Song is better tho, this sounds even more generic :rip:

It is generic, indeed. It's also beyond catchy. Funny thing, while listening to the song I had a feeling it was written and produced by Thomas Troelsen, and it turns out he really is the producer. High fiving myself.

For those not familiar with his work, here are a few select tunes:

Junior Senior - Move Your Feet
PRIVATE - We Got Some Breaking Up To Do
f(x) - Hot Summer (Monrose sang it first, but I can't find the music video for some reason)
Antonia - Marabou

Now B O P!

55Uz0oT.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
lest I forget again, check out the Bixel Boys remix of Canadian Queen Kiesza's 2014 runaway hit "Hideaway". I keep forgetting to share this (as I remember some of you loved the original <3) and I don't think I shared it many pages back when I first discovered the original single
a quick and dirty search reveals I did not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk6303mI29w

Also, girl can SING live, no autotune needed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ne94FjCTA

Truly my new fave <3

enigmatic_alex44

enigmatic_alex44, thank you for sharing the Bixel Boys remix, it's good!

Btw, you forgot to share her new music video for "Giant in My Heart".

Kiesza - Giant In My Heart (MV)

Even though it sounds a lot like Hideaway, it still slays.

9b5LQVi.gif

no prob Vazduh :)
It was actually Dr. Malik that recommended Giant in my Heart to me as I had no clue she already had a 2nd single! I love it
BUT I had NO idea she had a music video for it already! Just posted July 1? I'm slipping haha! Thank you right back!! <3
ugh SLAY me Kiesza!
9b5LQVi.gif

Vazduh

It can't be worse than her verse on Bieber's Beauty And A Beat

She can get so lazy and uninspired sometimes. But I get it, get that (easy) money girl, I guess.

I completely forgot about that one, eep. Yeah, let's hope that she doesn't deliver something like that again.

PopGAF this can't be coincidence. Just a few days after we were talking about Holly Valance and how it looked like she'd disappeared from music she pops up on this random ass synthy electro pop track.

It's pretty good too.

CLOCKWISE - Hopeless (feat. Holly Valance)

Her part is not that great though

I heard it earlier today. If I remember correctly, Holly doesn't want to make a comeback because she doesn't enjoy being a popstar anymore, but she does like to feature on her friends' songs. I suppose Andy Clockwise is one of those friends?

Btw, it's been 12 years since Down Boy was released, and it still shits.

no prob Vazduh :)
It was actually Dr. Malik that recommended Giant in my Heart to me as I had no clue she already had a 2nd single! I love it
BUT I had NO idea she had a music video for it already! Just posted July 1? I'm slipping haha! Thank you right back!! <3
ugh SLAY me Kiesza!
9b5LQVi.gif

Yesssss, stan! :)

Vazduh

Haaaaa Down Boy was and still is pretty neat!

I also loved her cover of Tarkan (and its infamous music video where she appeared "almost" naked)

I think I'll always have a soft spot for this girl. I always thought she was sexy as hell.

Me too! Too bad she went the housewife route.

I remember the controversy when she released the "Kiss Kiss" video. It's PG material now, but twelve years ago it was considered somewhat raunchy. Heh, funny how things change so quickly.

Grizzo

Me too! Too bad she went the housewife route.

I remember the controversy when she released the "Kiss Kiss" video. It's PG material now, but twelve years ago it was considered somewhat raunchy. Heh, funny how things change so quickly.

You're so right. Nowadays such a music video wouldn't make much noise. I don't even think there would be any controversy surrounding it (except from One Million Moms, maybe? haha)

I'm pretty sure most of our current popstars are gonna go the housewife route too at some point or another. I'm sure Rihanna is gonna be a whole other person in fifteen years. Let's appreciate her even more now!

I was trying out Songza today and I came across two bops:

V.V. Brown - Shark in the Water

Great song! Reminds me of my summer of 2009. I think this was a moderate hit in Europe.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You gals should listen to both V V Brown albums. So different yet both are enjoyable albums. (Samson and Delilah >>>>>> Travelling Like the Light tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom