• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here for Boom Clap's slayage.
kd3vw88umx.gif

Can't wait until Iggy's disposed of next year when the GP realize her music is sewer trash.
kd3vw88umx.gif

My birthday's tomorrow, and the club I usually go to on Fridays is having what's being called "Beyonce Night." How fucking perfect is that?

*flails arms wildly*

Vitanimus

My birthday's tomorrow, and the club I usually go to on Fridays is having what's being called "Beyonce Night." How fucking perfect is that?

*flails arms wildly*

I went to a Beyonce Night special at a local club at my Uni and it was such a spiritual experience, have fun bb

Also happy early birthday~

Vazduh

*flails arms wildly*

Happy birthday in advance :*

Hey PopGAF, this is awesome. Listen to it, you'll jazz your pants and stuff:

Vaults - Premonitions

Well damn!
nAUcbhe.gif
nAUcbhe.gif
nAUcbhe.gif

I love this. the beat reminds me of Massive Attack's Teardrop/London Grammar's Strong, plus the song has the same vibe. Thanks for posting :)

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
The more I listen to 1000 Forms of Fear, the more I love it. I'm really going to need her to stop with this back to the audience bullshit ASAP because I want to see her sing the shit out of these songs. I know she isn't going to tour, but hopefully she'll play a show here in NYC sometime soon.

NinjaBoiX

Well damn! I love this. the beat reminds me of Massive Attack's Teardrop/London Grammar's Strong, plus the song has the same vibe. Thanks for posting :)
Thank you! I was trying to think what her vocal reminded me of. It was on the tip of my tongue.

Glad you enjoyed it, I only pop in here occasionally to drop a tune for you peeps, it's a little frustrating when it appears to just wash past everyone seemingly without anyone checking out the link.

(YKN was bigging you up in FakeGAF as one of the posters that actually seems to care about the music rather than all the gossipy bullshit that surrounds it. I tried getting involved in this community a few times in terms of being a regular poster, but it's too much like a celeb trash mag focusing on personal life car crash crap most of the time. It's all about the music for me, I couldn't care less who is throwing shade at who and what flavour of the month star is slaying whatnot and stuff.)

:p

Touchdown

Banned
Thank you! I was trying to think what her vocal reminded me of. It was on the tip of my tongue.

Glad you enjoyed it, I only pop in here occasionally to drop a tune for you peeps, it's a little frustrating when it appears to just wash past everyone seemingly without anyone checking out the link.

(YKN was bigging you up in FakeGAF as one of the posters that actually seems to care about the music rather than all the gossipy bullshit that surrounds it. I tried getting involved in this community a few times in terms of being a regular poster, but it's too much like a celeb trash mag focusing on personal life car crash crap most of the time. It's all about the music for me, I couldn't care less who is throwing shade at who and what flavour of the month star is slaying whatnot and stuff.)

K i see you girl.

ibenFr6M81xYIQ.gif

NinjaBoiX

Haha, sorry guys, that was probably a bit uncalled for. I guess I just don't get it.

But you peeps have your own thing going on. You just do how you do innit.

tumblr_lfpk3bK8Pf1qc650d.gif

Shady shade :O.

What's everyone listening to today? Throw it at me so I can listen to everything I haven't listened to yet :3!

I've been listening to Ultraviolence all day at work.

Vitanimus

Shady shade :O.

What's everyone listening to today? Throw it at me so I can listen to everything I haven't listened to yet :3!

I've been listening to Ultraviolence all day at work.

I'm REALLY into St. Vincent at the moment, her earlier stuff is really quite good

Vazduh

I appreciate the compliment, in fact, I'm blushing a bit right now, but I have to correct you on one thing: every POPGAF member occasionally posts music in this thread. Sometimes it happens that the songs we post are paid dust, and sometimes everyone checks out the link we posted and comments on it. I do try to check out every song that gets posted in this thread, it's just that sometimes I don't have enough time. I bet it's like that with many other members here.

There are people who aren't NeoGAF members who check out this thread, so even if the link you put gets overlooked sometimes, I'm positive that somebody checked it out. I discovered a lot of artists this way before I joined the community, and I'm pretty sure it was the same with other junior members.

As for the celeb discussion, I feel like that's an integral part of this thread. It's not just about the songs, it's also about the artist itself, their charisma (or the lack thereof), their lives, interactions with other artists, chart positions etc. The songs will always be important, but sometimes it's just fun to discuss other things related to the artists.

So, what I'm trying to say here is that PopGAF is not just a shade-throwing, gif-spamming thread everyone thinks it is. There are often genuinely interesting discussions here, informative posts, and not to mention that there's a shit ton of great music posted here everyday. It's simply a great thread and a great sub-community.

That being said, I'd be happy to see you posting here more often. I loved the Vaults' song (in fact, I'm obsessed with it right now) and who knows what else you're hiding from us :D Give PopGAF a chaaaaaaaaance!

I appreciate the compliment, in fact, I'm blushing a bit right now, but I have to correct you on one thing: every POPGAF member occasionally posts music in this thread. Sometimes it happens that the songs we post are paid dust, and sometimes everyone checks out the link we posted and comments on it. I do try to check out every song that gets posted in this thread, it's just that sometimes I don't have enough time. I bet it's like that with many other members here.

There are people who aren't NeoGAF members who check out this thread, so even if the link you put gets overlooked sometimes, I'm positive that somebody checked it out. I discovered a lot of artists this way before I joined the community, and I'm pretty sure it was the same with other junior members.

As for the celeb discussion, I feel like that's an integral part of this thread. It's not just about the songs, it's also about the artist itself, their charisma (or the lack thereof), their lives, interactions with other artists, chart positions etc. The songs will always be important, but sometimes it's just fun to discuss other things related to the artists.

So, what I'm trying to say here is that PopGAF is not just a shade-throwing, gif-spamming thread everyone thinks it is. There are often genuinely interesting discussions here, informative posts, and not to mention that there's a shit ton of great music posted here everyday. It's simply a great thread and a great sub-community.

That being said, I'd be happy to see you posting here more often. I loved the Vaults' song (in fact, I'm obsessed with it right now) and who knows what else you're hiding from us :D Give PopGAF a chaaaaaaaaance!

That was awesome, mister :3.

Fey

Banned

drag it

NinjaBoiX

Good post Vazduh, I'll try and give this community and you guys a chance! As I say, I think my post came across more abrasive than intended. I know it's not all mudslinging and petulant point scoring about who's favourite artist slays the most or whatever.

I guess it's like any community, there is a barrier for entry and it can all seem a little intimidating at times. I have zero frame of reference with all the gossip and whatnot, and a good portion of the posts seem to be concerned with that stuff.

And in turn, I've gleaned some wonderful music from this thread too. I guess I'll just cherry pick the posts I respond to and ignore the stuff that doesn't interest me.

Right, as you were guys, apologies for the derail!

QsSlHsa.jpg

Aguila

#ICONIC
It's time for

GncOXX1.png

Hew listened to

jJB70Vf.png

?

I kind of loved this album *0*
Tbh, I spent a lot more time listening to the first half of the album, so I have stronger feelings for the songs from the first interlude to Together Again. I was into everything on the first half except for My Need. The intro to Velvet Rope was great, and I loved the bridge with the violin I think it was. You was a pretty dynamic song in terms of Janet's vocal delivery; it kind of eased my doubts that Janet's voice would be samey throughout. Got Til It's Gone is probably my favorite song off of this at the moment. That sample is an earworm. The beat on Free Xone and the verses in Go Deep slayed me hard. Together Again was cute. After this song, I kept returning to the beginning lol. But the standouts that I remember on the last half are What About, Tonight's The Night, and I Get Lonely. As for the interludes, the one I kept skipping was Speaker Phone, but I didn't mind the others. Will return to this, maybe even purchase ha 💅

I think The Velvet Rope is my favorite Janet alberm, but maybe because it's the first one I listened to completely. I don't even mind the interludes.

Your coochie gon' swell up and fall apart

tumblr_ml252mhGRm1qedlsro1_250.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
AZEALIA IS FREEEE
Y'ALL BITCHES ARENT READY FOR THE SLAYAGE

ibtRj1jNpP1pzD.gif
ibtRj1jNpP1pzD.gif
ibtRj1jNpP1pzD.gif

Overall, I don't think I like The Velvet Rope more than Rhythm Nation 1814. Both are somewhat long winded albums, but I listened to RN first so maybe it's just more familiar to me. TVR is still really enjoyable though, I love the steamy, sexy mood of the album. She pulls it off lyrics like the one crumpet posted in an enticing way, which I think is amazing. Other artists would make you cringe singing the same words.
thing.gif

Touchdown

Banned

omg, to the depths.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
it's a little frustrating when it appears to just wash past everyone seemingly without anyone checking out the link.

dude are u me? it's the reason I don't bother posting here much as most of my posts go completely ignored, even when I address members specifically by their username. Not trying to shade, there are def a few cool members in here <3
Just *try* not to take it personally, but if the thread was more welcoming it might see more new members post than it does tbh ;)

it's too much like a celeb trash mag focusing on personal life car crash crap most of the time. It's all about the music for me, I couldn't care less who is throwing shade at who and what flavour of the month star is slaying whatnot and stuff.

crying.gif

That's what makes POPGAF fun to read though
that and when a long-time member has a ban-worthy meltdown defending their flop fave
bth_coffee-drink-smiley.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is there any news about when Charli's album will drop? Boom Clap and Superlove have got me all thirsty

What started out as a simple altercation
Turned into a real sticky situation
Me just thinking on the time that I'm facing
Makes me wanna cry

Cause I didn't mean to hurt him
Could've been somebody's son
And I took his heart when
I pulled out that gun

Rum, pum, pum rum, pum, pum, pum rum, pum, pum, pum
Man Down
Rum, pum, pum, pum rum, pum, pum, pum rum, pum, pum, pum
Man Down

giphy.gif

Rih's patois is everything. Loud is such a great alberm, sigh. What's My Name, Only Girl in the World and Man Down: flawless holy trinity.

Ooh, these are v good, ty. I hope I can buy that JUCE! song soon, it's so shimmery and summery. London is truly an ICONIC city
party.gif

their charisma (or the lack thereof),
seeing-eyes-emoji-128.png

Also Cyndi Lauper is a musical icon and y'all better repent
animation12.gif

SaintZ

Is there any news about when Charli's album will drop? Boom Clap and Superlove have got me all thirsty

Only that it's this year :( she announced US tour dates for Sept/Oct so I'm assuming it'll be around that time, hopefully.
She's finishing it this month. She was going to release a punk album but that got shelved:
“I was making a punk album! I was over the music industry, I was over all of it. And I went to Sweden and made a punk album,” she recently told Pop Justice. But now, “I’ve made a pop record. I think it’ll be completely finished by the end of July, I’m not doing any more writing sessions now.” She listed the collaborators on the pop project — “Weezer, Rostam from Vampire Weekend, Stargate, John Hill… I did a session with [Dr.] Luke but that wasn’t for me” — and affirmed that she hopes to release the album she made in Sweden later on. So, maybe we’ll get two, allegedly very different Charli XCX albums this year? “Boom Clap” to that.
So glad she ditched Dr. Fluke
67d90ee8r9utw.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I kind of loved this album *0*
Tbh, I spent a lot more time listening to the first half of the album, so I have stronger feelings for the songs from the first interlude to Together Again. I was into everything on the first half except for My Need. The intro to Velvet Rope was great, and I loved the bridge with the violin I think it was. You was a pretty dynamic song in terms of Janet's vocal delivery; it kind of eased my doubts that Janet's voice would be samey throughout. Got Til It's Gone is probably my favorite song off of this at the moment. That sample is an earworm. The beat on Free Xone and the verses in Go Deep slayed me hard. Together Again was cute. After this song, I kept returning to the beginning lol. But the standouts that I remember on the last half are What About, Tonight's The Night, and I Get Lonely. As for the interludes, the one I kept skipping was Speaker Phone, but I didn't mind the others. Will return to this, maybe even purchase ha &#55357;&#56453;
I Get Lonely is sex. So fucking good. Perfect.

I've been a big Janet fan ever since I was tiny. The Velvet Rope was hard for me to get into when I was younger, but damn is it amazing now.

Gather them, sis!

i9e4cJeV7EL9T.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom