• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I need to pay more attention to the PopGAF Playlist
I've been searching for this song for the longest time but I only had the melody and very few lyrics
turns out it was on the playlist since April
rip_zpsec10ede9.gif

The Swift album I've listened to is Red
a20869ce.gif

I've only played Ace Attorney
a20869ce.gif
I loved Red :D And the live tour as well!
My favorite album from her is Fearless tho. It just has a special place in my soul LOL!!

Also, yaaaas Ace Attorney! I love the entire series so much. Although I will say that 2 might have been my least favorite o___o. You should try the other ones! <3 Especially when the HD trilogy comes out this fall hehehe :3
the final case snatched your wig, didn't it

Dat final case tho. My GAWD. <3

Vazduh

Ok sorry my post didn't work earlier but the new fifth harmony video is out and it's giving me life. They are coming for your favorites tea with this era. Serve girls.

http://youtu.be/Y4JfPlry-iQ

No need to apologize, man. It's nice to see you being so enthusiastic about the girls :)

Thanks for posting this. The music video is actually very good and the girls look amazing, although I still don't like the song that much. I feel like the chorus is to blame.

Personally, I find the pop culture references in songs annoying, and it's because of them that songs like this one don't age very well.
Smh, I'm talking like 5H and their management care about posterity...

Haim - My Song 5 feat. A$AP Ferg

Um

Has there ever been a song that has been made straight up better by a rapper feature on a remix? I'm still not sure why anyone would decide to release a single that's worse than the album version by a long way.

Also, Kylie's Abbey Road Sessions are cute, nothing life-changing, but there are some neat acoustic versions on it:
Can't Get You Out of My Head
Confide in Me
Finer Feelings
Come Into My World

Scalding brew from a recent Trouble in Paradise review by a nobody:
Out of the 3 pop stars that came to prominence in 2009, Jackson is by far the most compelling. Even if she doesn't match the heights of Florence, she can rest easy knowing she's made much better records.
Where is the lie? The description of Florence's vocals as 'sounding like an army of hysterical bleating goats heading for the slaughterhouse' is killing me.
(bye I had forgotten that Little Boots existed, along with the rest of the world judging by the sales of Nocturnes)

Vitanimus

Haim - My Song 5 feat. A$AP Ferg

Um

Has there ever been a song that has been made straight up better by a rapper feature on a remix? I'm still not sure why anyone would decide to release a single that's worse than the album version by a long way.

Also, Kylie's Abbey Road Sessions are cute, nothing life-changing, but there are some neat acoustic versions on it:
Can't Get You Out of My Head
Confide in Me
Finer Feelings
Come Into My World

Scalding brew from a recent Trouble in Paradise review by a nobody:

Where is the lie? The description of Florence's vocals as 'sounding like an army of hysterical bleating goats heading for the slaughterhouse' is killing me.
(bye I had forgotten that Little Boots existed, along with the rest of the world judging by the sales of Nocturnes)

wait lemme remember this BANGER of 2008, Stuck On Repeat

SaintZ

Ok sorry my post didn't work earlier but the new fifth harmony video is out and it's giving me life. They are coming for your favorites tea with this era. Serve girls.

http://youtu.be/Y4JfPlry-iQ
Still don't like the song but the video is ok. Camila looks like a little girl trying hard to look sexy. She looks too young to be doing this IMO. The other four look good.

Also, Grizzo, I finally listened to the Yelle songs you linked me to since I'm the mood to listen some French music rn and while I wasn't feeling Safari Disco Club, Que Veux-Tu and Comme Un Enfant are bops.

iisaqe8ifgg3d2yyyw.gif

L'Amour Parfait is a good slow bop too. I'll try to check out more of their stuff.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Yes yes yes yes yes. What an amazing case <33333.

Actually. This whole post in general is filled with yes.

Hi BB! I recognize your username and iconic posting style <3
from when I used to lurk in LGBTGaf
wink.gif

I don't like Kiesza's voice
8be5ead6.gif

:mad:
tumblr_m92oh2mYBp1qcm0m3o1_500.gif

oh WAIT I can't stay mad at you Aguila, your posts are a big reason I discovered Lana del Rey/Ultraviolence this year after never giving her a chance before...

tumblr_static_avp7glzc32wck0cck4wcogoso.gif

Kiesza's cover of What Is Love is better than the original.

I didn't lie.

YASSSSSS stan the best new artist of 2014

I agree somewhat. I think that, of all the parts that make her music what it is, her voice is the least interesting.

People make a big to-do about her vocal range, but outside of how high she sings there's absolutely nothing else of note about it. No real emotive quality whatsoever.

One thing I will say, though, is that she's got a good grasp on her identity. Is that she knows herself, musically, in a way I haven't heard from a Pop girl in a while. I feel she's making the exact type of music she should be making with that voice, and all the parts come together well. I really like her stuff so far.

See, and I disagree with part of this (though the 2nd part of your statement about her identity is SPOT ON). Kiesza has the best and most gorgeous voice I've heard in years along with an impressive range and has instantly rocketed to the top of my new faves list to join Gaga and Madge (tied only with my other new fave Lana Del Rey). Have you listened to "So Deep" Roy?
https://soundcloud.com/kiesza/kiesza-so-deep
She serves up some slower paced 90s realness which really shows off her voice more than the dance stuff she's done recently. Kiesza also has the best song of 2014 with Hideaway (tied with Del Slay's West Coast and Brooklyn Baby). She's such a drastic step above most of the mediocrity that dominates pop these days where certain "artists" can't even sing on key
Katy
, aren't attractive at all
sorry Sia
are attempting a flop comeback nobody asked for
Ke$ha Rose
or sound like their voice box is covered in mayonnaise
Christina
HnX3bpQ.gif

Kiesza on her own has saved pop music for me when I had pretty much given up on it, especially since I still have no clue when QUEEN OF POP Madonna's next opus is even coming. Ugh, everytime this amazing chick releases something new, she DRAGS me against my will back to all the good parts of the 90s and I just wanna move
Jimmy-Pesto-Jr-Dancing-Gif.gif

Mumei

I don't know :)
I honestly can't imagine their fans bothering with live events unless they are big award shows like the VMAS. For the rest there is YouTube and Twitter.

Near as I can tell, they don't even bother for big award shows. Streaming sites only. ;)

Vazduh

i098k5wu5XAH8.gif

The new Sia, Lana and J blow albums are all bopless white trash. Get into the vocal, lyrical, and A+mazing masterpiece that is the recently Donatella Versace reviewed MIAMTEC and request the new smash hit wonder You Don't Know What To Do today.

uvGhtZQ.gif

Welcome back, sis! And I agree with you when it comes to J. Lo's album, it's not a good album at all.

I love that song, how could I have forgotten to mention it? Let me repent by listening to it right now!

The sad thing about J.Lo's new alberm is that there are quite a few songs that would be veritable bops with someone else's vocals.

I violently WEEP every time I hear the wasted potential in the (Chris Brown-penned, sorry) Emotions. Imagine this with JoJo's intense delivery or Jessie Ware's cool detachment. Even Kris Jenner. Even Rih.

Literally any other human voice (and maybe a less nonsensical set of lyrics in the chorus - "I feel good cuz I don't feel bad" "cringe*), and you'd easily have one of 2014's top tracks.

:-(

Mumei

The sad thing about J.Lo's new alberm is that there are quite a few songs that would be veritable bops with someone else's vocals.

I violently WEEP every time I hear the wasted potential in the (Chris Brown-penned, sorry) Emotions. Imagine this with JoJo's intense delivery or Jessie Ware's cool detachment. Even Kris Jenner. Even Rih.

Literally any other human voice (and maybe a less nonsensical set of lyrics in the chorus - "I feel good cuz I don't feel bad" "cringe*), and you'd easily have one of 2014's top tracks.

:-(

"I feel good because I don't feel bad" is like... representative of a three year old's ability to relate their emotional states.

Vazduh

The sad thing about Emotions is that Chantal Kreviazuk co-wrote it with Chris Brown. If I had to guess, he wrote the lyrics, and she composed the melody. At least I hope it's like that.

royalan

Sistren

The podcast is happening this week.

What would you hoes like to be discussed?

Music reviewed?

Tea spilled?

Let me know!

Also, never too late to join!

Vazduh

Sistren

Music reviewed?

Tea spilled?

Let me know!

Sure, here's something I'd love to hear you talk about. What do you expect when it comes to R8 and Madonna's upcoming album? Both Rhenna and Medoner have been recording their albums for a while, and the expectations are running high, especially because of the known collaborators (for example, Diplo and Natalia Kills worked with Madonna, while Rih rihcorded several songs written by Kiesza).

I'm looking forward to the podcast!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Sistren

Music reviewed?

Tea spilled?

Let me know!

Why is Natalia Kills so underrated?
When will Gaga finally do what people want her to do with her music?
Will Mariah learn not to photoshop herself to death and dress age appropriately?
Kiesza love her or hate her?
Predictions of the future of Pop Music
Predict the big flops of 2014
Predict the unexpected slayage of 2014
Current song or songs of the year (If its a small group then I guess you could talk about the choice by person instead of choosing just 1 song)
Drag a member per podcast

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Which pop gurl, if any, is most likely to "peak" with their next album?

Ooh I like this
I'd be interested to see whether people think Rih has peaked already, is at her peak now or her peak is still coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom