• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I use Ultraviolence less than when it came out...which was already not much.

West Coast is still the only song that gets consistent play from it for me. :(

I still love most of the album.

A BEYONCE tea.

BsrvpoYCQAAw1Yu.jpg

royalan

Hello loved ones. In 1981, the ICONIC LEGENDARY Teena Marie dropped a classic album entitled It Must Be Magic. Unlike your faves she wrote and produced it all by herself, and went on to receive critical acclaim. The album is a certified banger, and if you haven't heard it yet.. do yourself a favor. Best wishes!
i1V3xzGDmJbeX.jpg

"It Must Be Magic"
"Revolution"
"Where's California"
"365"
"Square Biz"
"The Ballad of Cradle Rob and Me"
"Portuguese Love"
"Yes Indeed"

Bonus songs: from the fabulous Starchild (1984) album
ibn9NDzSDP1h6S.jpg

"Lover Girl"
"Out On A Limb"
and from the incomparable "Naked To The World" (1988) album:
ibdlavpmyTeEOc.jpg

"The Once and Future Dream"
"Naked to the World"

ibszMrXXA7TdUh.png
#slay

TRICK!!! You think you slick!

Anyway, I don't know why you're throwing shade at Christina when you KNOW how I feel about Lady T. The original blue-eyed soul diva. Singer/Song-Writer/Composer/Bad-Bitch. Eternal Queen. Of course Christina wishes. ;___;

royalan

I think she was seen that way for, like, 5 minutes at first, right? Because wasn't her very first single cover just a picture of a beach or something? And people didn't know she was white until she filmed her first music video. I think there was some initial controversy about that.

But then people realized, "Wait. This hoe can scalp." and all was well.

Michael Buble's doing so well dear me.. It's so hard to believe that I got to sing with him a year or so ago and he's all the way up there now o_o

Fey

Banned
Oh HELL no! I am NOT here for this today. I let it slide the first time, I was even sympathetic and said I know what it feels like to have some of your posts ignored but not to take it personally the last time you pitched a fit in here. I am in no such mood today! If you've ever read through the thread, you'd see that there is a lot of varied taste, there's no one artist or "huge hit" that is loved by every single person posting in this thread, so no need for the generalization then the weak back-pedal.

Oh and don't think that with my photographic memory I don't remember you posting here in June, didn't seem to get as much of a response as you wanted, then went running back to Fakegaf to badmouth Popgaf.

www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117100103&postcount=12176

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117102194&postcount=12184

I really enjoy reading this thread even when I don't post, most of the regulars crack me up even if we don't have the same music taste. I am NOT HERE for this passive-aggressiveness!

tumblr_m78msv5JMv1qzzpi4o1_250.gif

finally tbh
jO7SYIO.gif

the audacity of fakegaffers coming for popgaf
jO7SYIO.gif

Styles

I still use:

Ultraviolence
Shades of Cool
Brooklyn Baby
West Coast
Sad Girl
Money Power Glory

That's about it, I'm afraid. Ultraviolence has higher highs and lower lows, while Born To Die's quality remains consistent throughout. Overall I prefer Born To Die.
However, at least 3 tracks on Ultraviolence are in the top 5 of Lana's discography.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Mau ®;121380943 said:
I'd take Rita Ora over Marina Diamandis any day of the week.

You gonna burn for this. Disgusting.

NinjaBoiX

Guys, some more bop for y'all. They're a production duo from the late 90's putting out funky as fuck french filtered house. They were so cool and underground, I bet none of you have even heard of them.

Tf9PV5Q.png

Kojak - You Can't Stop It

Jokes aside, this is a proper bop. If you like disco tinged house, give it a whirl. I buzzed so much off this album as a teen, still do!
Oh HELL no! I am NOT here for this today. I let it slide the first time, I was even sympathetic and said I know what it feels like to have some of your posts ignored but not to take it personally the last time you pitched a fit in here. I am in no such mood today! If you've ever read through the thread, you'd see that there is a lot of varied taste, there's no one artist or "huge hit" that is loved by every single person posting in this thread, so no need for the generalization then the weak back-pedal.

Oh and don't think that with my photographic memory I don't remember you posting here in June, didn't seem to get as much of a response as you wanted, then went running back to Fakegaf to badmouth Popgaf.

www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117100103&postcount=12176

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117102194&postcount=12184

I really enjoy reading this thread even when I don't post, most of the regulars crack me up even if we don't have the same music taste. I am NOT HERE for this passive-aggressiveness!

tumblr_m78msv5JMv1qzzpi4o1_250.gif
haq8egD.jpg

SiS, sTop sTalking me, iT's creepy.

Vitanimus

I've exceeded my daily post limit!!!!!!!!!!
On tumblr!
I'll celebrate here!
iVlkiz1S8t1uV.png

ibp4eNWeEwYGD3.gif

Twerk with me!

Wait, lemme be your 3001st

Oh my god.

This snippet is everything.

And come out of the stan closet, siS. I C U, fellow Diamond.

Yaaaaas, Electra Heart was fragranced shit but there were a few bops. The Family Jewels >>>>

Also I'm going to lanzarote today, pray my plane doesn't crash 🙏

Vazduh

I'm finally going through those songs Aya posted a couple of days ago, and of course, I'm enjoying them a lot :)

I dunno if any of you remember when Vazduh recommended Oasis by Alpines but their debut alber completely flew by me and I'm listening to it now... it seems kinda basic really, but I'll post impressions later

edit: the slayage is real

I687rXu.png

Yay, I'm glad you checked out their album! It's not without its issues, because it does sound a bit samey in places, and Catherine Pockson's voice can be a bit too much (for example, in the chorus of Blind), but still, it's a really good, pleasant to listen to, classy electropop album.

Oh, and have a nice vacation :)

I genuinely think this could be the greatest song of all time.

Hahah, I have to say I'm also fond of the songs written by Max Martin and late Denniz Pop, they were unstoppable back then :)
(Martin is unstoppable even now, tbh)

Mau ®

561x401.jpg

VIDEO OF THE YEAR

Beyonce feat. Jay Z "Drunk In Love"
Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX "Fancy"
Miley Cyrus "Wrecking Ball"
Pharrell Williams "Happy"
Sia "Chandelier"

ARTIST TO WATCH

5 Seconds of Summer "She Looks So Perfect"
Charli XCX "Boom Clap"
Fifth Harmony "Miss Movin On"
Sam Smith "Stay With Me"
Schoolboy Q "Man Of The Year"

BEST POP VIDEO

Ariana Grande feat. Iggy Azalea "Problem"
Avicii feat. Aloe Blacc "Wake Me Up"
Jason Derulo feat. 2 Chainz "Talk Dirty"

BEST HIP-HOP VIDEO

Childish Gambino "3005"
Drake feat. Majid Jordan "Hold On (We're Going Home)"
Eminem "Berzerk"
Kanye West "Black Skinhead"
Wiz Khalifa "We Dem Boyz"

BEST MALE VIDEO

Ed Sheeran feat. Pharrell Williams "Sing"
Eminem feat. Rihanna "The Monster"
John Legend "All Of Me"
Sam Smith "Stay With Me"

BEST FEMALE VIDEO

Beyonce "Partition"
Katy Perry feat. Juicy J "Dark Horse"
Lorde "Royals"

BEST VIDEO WITH A SOCIAL MESSAGE

Angel Haze feat. Sia "Battle Cry"
Avicii "Hey Brother"
Beyonce "Pretty Hurts"
David Guetta feat. Mikky Ekko "One Voice"
J. Cole feat. TLC "Crooked Smile"
Kelly Rowland "Dirty Laundry"

BEST COLLABORATION

Beyonce feat. Jay Z "Drunk In Love"
Chris Brown feat. Lil Wayne & Tyga "Loyal"
Eminem feat. Rihanna "The Monster"
Katy Perry feat. Juicy J "Dark Horse"
Pitbull feat. Kesha "Timber"

BEST ROCK VIDEO

Arctic Monkeys "Do I Wanna Know?"
Black Keys "Fever"
Imagine Dragons "Demons"
Linkin Park "Until It's Gone"
Lorde "Royals"

BEST ART DIRECTION

Arcade Fire "Reflektor"
DJ Snake & Lil Jon "Turn Down For What"
Eminem "Rap God"
Tyler, The Creator "Tamale"

BEST CHOREOGRAPHY

Beyonce "Partition"
Jason Derulo feat. 2 Chainz "Talk Dirty"
Kiesza "Hideaway"
Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake "Love Never Felt So Good"
Sia "Chandelier"
Usher "Good Kisser"

TL;DR Iggy leads in nominations, followed by Beyoncé/B]

Yay the VMAs are always a good time. Too bad Applause or Do What U Want didn't get anything, coz that means she might not attend.

It's always interesting how Beyonce and Rihanna alternate their presence at these award shows. One year Bey's nominated across the board and another year Rih is.

As for the rest of the noms, Beyonce and Sia are the only ones I give a shit about. I don't know what I'd prefer to see win between Drunk In Love and Chandelier though.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ch.... GUY being snubbed
What on earth is good about Problems video that warrants a nom?

Grizzo

The video for Problem is trash and I hope it won't get any awards that night.

Let's hope for the best for Charli XCX. Fancy should win video of the year, imo, it's a really cool one. But I guess Miley is gonna snatch that one with her iconic video.

Yay the VMAs are always a good time. Too bad Applause or Do What U Want didn't get anything, coz that means she might not attend.

haha well to be fair, how could that song get a nom when the video wasn't even released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom