• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only nice ones left in here are Trigger, BlueBadger, Vazduh and 7echnicolor. Everyone else has seemingly succumbed to the curse of Phi Phi-grade homo angst. I will have to live with "Foulscab" until the day I die. D:

Touchdown

Banned
The only nice ones left in here are Trigger, BlueBadger, Vazduh and 7echnicolor. Everyone else has seemingly succumbed to the curse of Phi Phi-grade homo angst. I will have to live with "Foulscab" until the day I die. D:

awwww Soul. :( I still have love for ya.

mc-hug-and-cry-o.gif

Nemesis_

People just hate Gaga stans now. We're all "turds" apparently :|

Bladenic

Bye I'm never mean, though I don't think you ever liked me cuz I used to be mean

Majmun

I can't believe how irrelevent Gaga has become in my playlist. Artpop was nice at first, but it doesn't have any longevity. I even use Born to Die more often. And her last fat Italian mob wife look was disgusting. There's nothing left to stan for

I have a feeling that Gaga's next album is going to flop ever harder. Poor monsters.

BEYONCÉ still slays on the other hand. It's a modern masterpiece filled with classics, and I'm sure that even my grand-grand-grand-grandchildren are going to get slayed by it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I can't believe how irrelevent Gaga has become in my playlist. Artpop was nice at first, but it doesn't have any longevity. I even use Born to Die more often. And her last fat Italian mob wife look was disgusting. There's nothing left to stan for

I have a feeling that Gaga's next album is going to flop ever harder. Poor monsters.

BEYONCÉ still slays on the other hand. It's a modern masterpiece filled with classics, and I'm sure that even my grand-grand-grand-grandchildren are going to get slayed by it.

7-Steps-to-Make-Hot-Spiced-Green-Tea.jpg

Not the Gaga stans acting brand new to stan politics. The monsters are getting their lashings for the same reason Beyoncé stans (post 4, pre BEYONCÉ), Xtina stans (post Bionic), and Britney stans (post breakdown) did. Because their fave flopped.

i7P5XjyWgoNt2.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Although I don't have much love for ARTPOP Gaga I do hope that she comes back with something amazing next. Please no ARTPOP 2.0 just abandon this awful flop era already and come back with something as polished and exciting as The Fame/The Fame Monster era. Thanks.

Partition

Banned
No one likes Gaga fans because their fave really is no better than Knee now, with a fanbase that resembles E X H A L E levels of delusion. Stephan has NOTHING to show anymore, the Grave is a mess of a show in every sense of the word, her album provides no receipts and was an abomination in terms of quality. The A R T P O P era has shown Stephan's true colors, it made everyone realize that G A G was nothing without someone with actual talent calling the shots. Being that ARTPOP has no vision, no soul, and was plopped into the toilet by Stephan's cellulite ridden anus, Turds are quite the fitting name for the few stragglers of DELUSIONAL fans that survived the ARTPOPCOLYPSE.

One second I was a turd, now suddenly the turds are you.

Majmun

No one likes Gaga fans because their fave really is no better than Knee now, with a fanbase that resembles E X H A L E levels of delusion. Stephan has NOTHING to show anymore, the Grave is a mess of a show in every sense of the word, her album provides no receipts and was an abomination in terms of quality. The A R T P O P era has shown Stephan's true colors, it made everyone realize that G A G was nothing without someone with actual talent calling the shots. Being that ARTPOP has no vision, no soul, and was plopped into the toilet by Stephan's cellulite ridden anus, Turds are quite the fitting name for the few stragglers of DELUSIONAL fans that survived the ARTPOPCOLYPSE.

iwOvcskdgpVAn.gif

Mumei

Mumei, your long essay tag makes my head hurt. What does it mean

It's a slightly abridged quote by Tolstoy, translated from The Kingdom of God is Within You. The full quote is, "The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him."

And he's saying that you can teach even an unintelligent person a difficult subject if he's entering it with an open mind and willing to learn; you cannot teach the smartest person who is convinced he already knows the subject. Think of a discussion about sexuality, gender, sexual identity, or race, where one person has very strongly held opinions but has no solid basis for those opinions - they're based on his impressions from things he's seen over the years, his own interactions with people who are _____, stories he's heard, or articles in the news he's read. That person might be really, really smart, but if he's already convinced he knows, there's no chance of him engaging the literature on the subject - he'll probably reject it out of hand as conflicting with what he already "knows."

SaintZ

Drewasa jdaldkañdkaeldka

naomi2vi5d.gif

Running your site must be some kind of punishment to you

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I've been saying for a while now that Kanye is pretty much the best major pop musician in the world. When he turns his head to poppier fare (Stronger, Gold Digger, All of the Lights, POWER, Lost in the World, Black Skinhead, etc.) it's all basically amazing.

Touchdown

Banned
I've been saying for a while now that Kanye is pretty much the best major pop musician in the world. When he turns his head to poppier fare (Stronger, Gold Digger, All of the Lights, POWER, Lost in the World, Black Skinhead, etc.) it's all basically amazing.

He also changed rap to a certain extent in my opinion or at least popped on the scene at the exact right time. The money/women/streets songs era kind of dissipated a bit since he came to stardom.

Vitanimus

Mmm, despite my relative ambivalence to his music, it is hard to deny his continual influence upon pop culture and I'm certain he'll enjoy a longevity our faves could only dream of

Vazduh

Soulscribe, I like you very much and I appreciate the shout-out, but dropping names kind of opened up a can of worms :eek:

Oh my GOD!
pXXlfeg.gif
pXXlfeg.gif
pXXlfeg.gif
pXXlfeg.gif
pXXlfeg.gif
pXXlfeg.gif
pXXlfeg.gif
pXXlfeg.gif

i0Y6gOW.gif

I'm so elated that you like it so much!

tumblr_lzkrjgL5s91qip43j.gif

I hadn't have a chance to keep up with her, but all she seemed to do these last few years was releasing tracks here and there, and putting out mixtapes.

Her new EP, Cognac & Conversations is due sometime this year. She released the first single, All I Ever Wanted (which is pretty good) in March, but nothing since then...

Thanks for posting that single, I like it! :) And now I'm looking forward to the EP.

Majmun

It's a slightly abridged quote by Tolstoy, translated from The Kingdom of God is Within You. The full quote is, "The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him."

And he's saying that you can teach even an unintelligent person a difficult subject if he's entering it with an open mind and willing to learn; you cannot teach the smartest person who is convinced he already knows the subject. Think of a discussion about sexuality, gender, sexual identity, or race, where one person has very strongly held opinions but has no solid basis for those opinions - they're based on his impressions from things he's seen over the years, his own interactions with people who are _____, stories he's heard, or articles in the news he's read. That person might be really, really smart, but if he's already convinced he knows, there's no chance of him engaging the literature on the subject - he'll probably reject it out of hand as conflicting with what he already "knows."

nnn your tag should be neogaf's slogan then :rip

thanks for explaining

Trigger

Don't worry. Gaga will bounce back and some other stan group will be dragged.

I hope.

Running your site must be some kind of punishment to you

nnnnnn

cory64

And that's the tea

iQghIfWWXjnaE.gif

Yeah, BEYONCE is a once-in-a-career kind of release, and what it involved was a steady consciousness toward the music landscape at the time. It's a very calculated album that played all its cards right, and besides the music being excellent the ridiculous amount of content you get out of it adds to its value exponentially. ARTPOP didn't involve the same kind of carefulness that BEYONCE did, and you can tell by the content that it was almost created in this vacuum. So when you add the context of where music is right now, and where Gaga is right now, the music sounds dated, redundant, sort of shallow, sort of inconsequential. The Fame Monster and Born This Way had the added courtesy of being well-timed both for music at the time and her career at the time. ARTPOP never even needed to happen. It does nothing but stall her momentum and get the public to turn their attention toward people gunning for the zeitgeist. She chose to let go of that momentum and whether it was recklessness or carelessness, it's obvious that she and Beyonce are in very different places. Beyonce wanted to change a narrative and she did. I think the public assumed the same thing from Gaga but I find it hard to believe that she was that goal-oriented this time.

And you're all good in my book sisties. My post was as light-hearted as I assume the tantamount shade in these last few pages were. lol

Vitanimus

The day Gaga releases a consecutive string of 5 flaw free singles will mark her return

Just Dance -> Poker Face -> Eh Eh -> LoveGame -> Paparazzi

Only Gods Aloud could release so many bops in succession 😢

Mumei

Yeah, BEYONCE is a once-in-a-career kind of release, and what it involved was a steady consciousness toward the music landscape at the time. It's a very calculated album that played all its cards right, and besides the music being excellent the ridiculous amount of content you get out of it adds to its value exponentially. ARTPOP didn't involve the same kind of carefulness that BEYONCE did, and you can tell by the content that it was almost created in this vacuum. So when you add the context of where music is right now, and where Gaga is right now, the music sounds dated, redundant, sort of shallow, sort of inconsequential. The Fame Monster and Born This Way had the added courtesy of being well-timed both for music at the time and her career at the time. ARTPOP never even needed to happen. It does nothing but stall her momentum and get the public to turn their attention toward people gunning for the zeitgeist. She chose to let go of that momentum and whether it was recklessness or carelessness, it's obvious that she and Beyonce are in very different places. Beyonce wanted to change a narrative and she did.

And you're all good in my book sisties. My post was as light-hearted as I assume the tantamount shade in these last few pages were. lol

Or she tried to regain her momentum and failed.

Or she tried to regain her momentum and failed.

Yeah, that's essentially what I'm saying. She let go of that momentum and it's due to either trying to hold it and failing, or not trying that hard and having it get snatched away. I say "chose" because it seems like she passed up pretty obvious opportunities to get it back.

Mau ®

OMG

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
The only nice ones left in here are Trigger, BlueBadger, Vazduh and 7echnicolor.

Gee thanks.......

I read all of them. I don't know why any of you even bothered.

You know I meant everything I said, but I just had to back away and take a break as the pile-on was getting to be too much combined with all the hate that's been flung my way from other recent threads lately.
I also wanted to edit away my strong post to Ninjaboi, I do think he deserved to be called out no question, however, I do also feel a bit bad for the guy as I've seen him in other threads and he really does seem to be an ok guy. He just made several VERY unfortunate back-to-back posting decisions and should have never badmouthed a whole POPGAF community in FG but I felt the backlash against him was a bit too severe, I don't think he's trash tbh. I know what it feels like to be called a "douche" or be told my face is ugly (which is why I deleted my avatar) in recent threads even though I NEVER attack anyone on that level so I didn't want to add to making him feel as awful as I felt. If you're lurking and reading this Ninja I think you're alright!

cory64

The day Gaga releases a consecutive string of 5 flaw free singles will mark her return

Just Dance -> Poker Face -> Eh Eh -> LoveGame -> Paparazzi

Only Gods Aloud could release so many bops in succession ��

Take Care > Birthday Cake > Where Have You Been > Diamonds > Stay > Pour It Up > Loveeeeee Song > Bad

Party > Love On Top > Countdown > Dance For You > Drunk In Love > Partition

& Britney didn't release a bad single from 2007–2011

Satch

Banned
alex i dont think you should have to apologize for that

i saw the post when you wrote it and you werent wrong. mumeis followup post with receipts justified it further

Fey

Banned

YAS.gif

the SHADE of drew still running the gaga site, yas TURDS u BETTER PAY HIS BILLS!!!!!!!!

Vitanimus

Take Care > Birthday Cake > Where Have You Been > Diamonds > Stay > Pour It Up > Loveeeeee Song > Bad

Tainted by a certain shit stain, the first 90 seconds, goodness

But you didn't lie though about Beyoncé, too bad she released Countdown and End of Time at the end of the 4 era

Vazduh

Gee thanks.......

You know I meant everything I said, but I just had to back away and take a break as the pile-on was getting to be too much combined with all the hate that's been flung my way from other recent threads lately.
I also wanted to edit away my strong post to Ninjaboi, I do think he deserved to be called out no question, however, I do also feel a bit bad for the guy as I've seen him in other threads and he really does seem to be an ok guy. He just made several VERY unfortunate back-to-back posting decisions and should have never badmouthed a whole POPGAF community in FG but I felt the backlash against him was a bit too severe, I don't think he's trash tbh. I know what it feels like to be called a "douche" or be told my face is ugly (which is why I deleted my avatar) in recent threads even though I NEVER attack anyone on that level so I didn't want to add to making him feel as awful as I felt. If you're lurking and reading this Ninja I think you're alright!

I also don't think Ninjaboi was that bad. I mean, yeah, he did shade the entire POPGAF a couple of times, which wasn't nice at all, but he also posted some really good tunes, so idk.

However, I also don't think your post was too much. Don't beat yourself up about it.

I'm sorry to hear you were called a douche, and that you got comments about your looks. I think you shouldn't have removed your avatar, because you look great. Put the avatar back, screw the haters and just do your thing :*

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
ULTRASNOOZENCE was such a letdown, I literally only use West Coast any more and it only came out a month ago
i458fpeuNjw9b.png

i can't wait to fume when it to totally undeservedly sweeps the popgaf grammys

Not the Monsters only taking a few months to drop ha. The Fighters are still at it 4 years later, bless them.

sis 2001 was 13 years ago...

Ultraviolence was a huge let down for me. It was boring and just uninteresting. There was nothing that really grabbed me outside West coast.

I also feel like anything Keiza makes can be performed better by Katy B. However I did enjoy Giant in my heart. Idk why, but her voice is weird to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom