• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
YESSSSSSSSSSSS

i1bNq032IC2hA.gif

Hmmmmm...

I need to learn this.

Yado

It's OK. She can do better. I hope this isn't the official single.

Yeah, but it's Azealia so it doesn't matter what she releases I guess.

Azealia's enunciation is so poor when she's rapping sometimes, most of this is going to sound like incoherent mumbling to casual listeners.

The Flop

Banned
One of my favs Fifth Harmony, just started a new tour and released some new music on it.

fifth-harmony-victoria-stevens-billboard-2014-990x410.jpg

This new music is giving me Danity Kane tea, and it's giving me life.

Except all of them can sing!
Beyoncesipstea.gif

Going Nowhere
Reflection
Over

What think you sistrine? I need studio versions now. I love this new style they are going for. Urban / Rhythmic and POP domination.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
aaaah this beat is so trashy I love it
Her rapping is on fucking poinT though
I need to go pray to repent for ever letting doubts creep in

SaintZ

Y'all got excited for that? My first impression stayed the same, it is better than Yung Yapunxel but it sounds flat and too repetitive. At least she released new music.

Mumei

I listened to the new Azealia song about half an hour ago. I have no idea what she was saying - I don't actually remember much of that now - but I liked the beat, I guess.

Touchdown

Banned
'Dreamlover come rescue me...Take me up, take me down..Take me anywhere you want to, baby now."

First released on July 27, 1993 by Columbia Records, as the lead single from Carey's third studio album Music Box. It was written by Carey and Dave Hall, and was produced by the pair and Walter Afanasieff. The song incorporates a sample of the hook from "Blind Alley" by The Emotions into its melody and instrumentation. "Dreamlover" helped Carey's transition into the pop music market, a choice made following the mixed reception to her previous studio effort Emotions (1991), which featured gospel and 1960s soul influences. Lyrically, the song pictures a protagonist calling for a perfect lover, her "dreamlover," that will whisk her away into the night and not disillusion her like her exes did in the past.

"Dreamlover" was Carey's seventh number one single on the Billboard Hot 100, topping the chart in its sixth week and stayed there for eight consecutive weeks (September 5 to October 30, 1993)—her longest stay at the time.
It replaced "Can't Help Falling in Love" by UB40, and was later replaced by Meat Loaf's "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)."
It spent 26 weeks in the top 40 and was ranked number eight on the Hot 100 1993 Year-End Charts and 20 on the Decade-End Charts.
The song was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), denoting shipments of over one million units throughout the United States.
"Dreamlover" holds the title of the highest debuting song on the Billboard Pop Songs chart, entering the chart at number 12 on the week dated August 14, 1993.

tumblr_lyw2z24Nik1qhk30fo1_250.gif
tumblr_lyw2z24Nik1qhk30fo2_250.gif
tumblr_lyw2z24Nik1qhk30fo3_250.gif

tumblr_lyw2z24Nik1qhk30fo4_250.gif
tumblr_lyw2z24Nik1qhk30fo5_250.jpg
tumblr_lyw2z24Nik1qhk30fo6_250.gif

tumblr_lyw2z24Nik1qhk30fo7_250.gif
tumblr_lyw2z24Nik1qhk30fo8_250.gif
tumblr_lyw2z24Nik1qhk30fo9_250.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqBtS6BIP1E <3

Mau ®

Rih has been tweeting some new R8 lyrics:

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, is it cool to make this paper?!

Pray 4 me
Probably in reference to her releasing so close to TayLORD and ADELE

Ghost in the mirror

A drug and a dream

It's coming soon now *.*

cory64

Mau ®;122893573 said:
Rih has been tweeting some new R8 lyrics:

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, is it cool to make this paper?!

Pray 4 me
Probably in reference to her releasing so close to TayLORD and ADELE

Ghost in the mirror

A drug and a dream

It's coming soon now *.*

iXQEHSxbtqeFO.gif

cory64

Matthew is over, he can't even sell over his daily calorie intake.

18122_600.gif
The worst part is she has no real legacy to fall back on even compared to Knee. Her impact:receipts ratio is absurdly low looking at her in 2014.

AIWFCIY is the only song of hers kids these days know about.

At least, unlike others, she will always have one of the BEST-SELLING SINGLES OF ALL-TIME, a HOLIDAY STANDARD. She succeeded where many others failed: she won CHRISTMAS.

No impact? Pfft, they will be listening to All I Want for Christmas is You when we are all dead and buried.

They can say,
Anything they want to say,
Try to bring me down,
But I will not allow anyone to succeed
Hangin' clouds over me,
And they can try hard
To make me feel that I don't matter at all,
But I refuse to falter in what I believe
Or lose faith in my dreams

'Cause there's,
There's a light in me,
That shines brightly,
They can try,
But they can't take that away from me
From me

Touchdown

Banned
At least, unlike others, she will always have one of the BEST-SELLING SINGLES OF ALL-TIME, a HOLIDAY STANDARD. She succeeded where many others failed: she won CHRISTMAS.

No impact? Pfft, they will be listening to All I Want for Christmas is You when we are all dead and buried.

They can say,
Anything they want to say,
Try to bring me down,
But I will not allow anyone to succeed
Hangin' clouds over me,
And they can try hard
To make me feel that I don't matter at all,
But I refuse to falter in what I believe
Or lose faith in my dreams

'Cause there's,
There's a light in me,
That shines brightly,
They can try,
But they can't take that away from me
From me

Yes!!! and don't forget the 18 number one singles and 200+million albums sold worldwide. The kids forget.:p

i0zTlEwWQam2W.gif

Fey

Banned
you know something is amiss when your most iconic song is the one that needs to be played in heavy rotation once a year in order to remain remembered. at least the imagined relevance that comes with that song keeps her head in proportion to the rest of her body.

Ties

Banned
Why do the Sacrifical Lambs keep bringing up that tired Hannukah song up every time Matthew is dragged from her dry, balding, and rotund scalp? Something went wrong with your career if you are only remembered for sharing a track list with Rudolph and donning a poorly tailored Santa outfit once a year:

Touchdown

Banned
you know something is amiss when your most iconic song is the one that needs to be played in heavy rotation once a year in order to remain remembered. at least the imagined relevance that comes with that song keeps her head in proportion to the rest of her body.

Fortunately it doesn't "need to be played in heavy rotation" thankfully, it just is. Merry Christmas to all indeed. :)

cory64

Why do the Sacrifical Lambs keep bringing up that tired Hannukah song up every time Matthew is dragged from her dry, balding, and rotund scalp? Something went wrong with your career if you are only remembered for sharing a track list with Rudolph and donning a poorly tailored Santa outfit once a year:
shine bright like a diamond

umbrella ella ella eh eh eh

we found love in a hoooopeless place

Echoing centuries into the future, long after man has left earth.

Vitanimus

tumblr_n9bh37Hlk91r00543o4_r2_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom