• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
For some reason I hadn't listened to the final track of Dangerously Close To Revolting until last week.

[G R I T A N D O]

I am positive that thing is Mrs. Carter's single biggest regret in life.

Atlantis

latch,

p98eNfT.gif

4qTb4qX4a3IqtjNe.jpg

cory64

No, mija
Lemme help you

First off, we don't include Music of the Swamp or A Girl Like Bey in Rihsus's rankings
so, it goes:

1. Rated R (cohesive; a solid album effort)
2. GGGB
3. Talk That Talk (some of her best bops are on here)
4. LOUD (WMN, S&M and Skin saved this from being last)
5. Unapologetic (it's like 90% filler)

I'd be willing to debate 1 and 2

Now niece.

Unapologetic has
PHRESH OUT GOD'S WOMB
JUMP
Pour it Up
Loveeeeeee Song
No Flops Allowed
Diamonds
Stay
Nobody's Cringeness
Icon Without Tragedy/Mother Robyn
Get It Over With
What Now

Only filler is Numb, Right Now, Lost In Paradise, Half of Me

Latch

Now niece.

Unapologetic has
PHRESH OUT GOD'S WOMB
JUMP
Pour it Up
Loveeeeeee Song
No Flops Allowed
Diamonds
Stay
Nobody's Cringeness
Icon Without Tragedy/Mother Robyn
Get It Over With
What Now

Cory, my beloved sister in Christ...
We need to do something about this taste of yours...

Diamonds, LWT/Mother Mary, No Love Allowed and Get It Over With are the main tracks I use

Stay and Pour It Up got old quick
What Now is cute, but I wouldn't say it's one of the better tracks on the record

Phresh Out of FL Studio is a noisy mess
Numb is the definition of filler, plus it features Eminem, so ew
Love(x7) would be cute if it wasn't for Future's unintelligible drivel
Jump is basic, especially the drop
Right Now is produced by David Guetta so it's automatic trash
Nobody's Business was a cute bop for like a week
I don't even know what Lost In Paradise and Half Of Me sound like

cory64

Cory, my beloved sister in Christ...
We need to do something about this taste of yours...

Diamonds, LWT/Mother Mary, No Love Allowed and Get It Over With are the main tracks I use

Stay and Pour It Up got old quick
What Now is cute, but I wouldn't say it's one of the better tracks on the record

Phresh Out of FL Studio is a noisy mess
Numb is the definition of filler, plus it features Eminem, so ew
Love(x7) would be cute if it wasn't for Future's unintelligible drivel
Jump is basic, especially the drop
Right Now is produced by David Guetta so it's automatic trash
Nobody's Business was a cute bop for like a week
I don't even know what Lost In Paradise and Half Of Me sound like

#NVAY

Latch

What do you use on TTT?
iM4NLxJH7cc3V.gif

You Da One (so underrated)
WHYB
We Found God
Cockiness
Birthday Cake
Watch N Learn
Do Ya Thang

honorable mention for TTT (the track), Drunk On Love and Red Lipstick

LOUD, TTT and Una could've been much better albums without all the filler,
but that's what happen when you're making fast food music just to stay afloat

n it's all good tho cause RihLORD is taking this break to find herself and when she comes back this fall to demolish your sloppy, disposable faves with the alt/experimental deep house/trap/caribbean SMASH that will be R8 it's gonna be a wrap

tumblr_m7h5wrgu941r3vccgo1_500.gif

Fey

Banned
Oprah-Cry.gif

THIS IS
THE PART WHEN
I SAY I DON'T WANT YA
I ' M S T R O N G E R T H A N I ' V E B E E N B E F O R E
THIS IS
THE PART WHEN
I BREAK FREE
'CAUSE I CAN'T RESIST IT NO MORE
x2

Oprah-Cry.gif

~I can't resist it no more~ indeed. Ex-popgaffer botty was right. Ariana is the tea a bit. I was a bit skeptical what with all the "next Mooriah Cowrey" comments, but fortunately the title couldn't be further from the truth. What a catchy song. <3

cory64

Yaaaas get into Break $1.29

You Da One (so underrated)
WHYB
We Found God
Cockiness
Birthday Cake
Watch N Learn
Do Ya Thang

honorable mention for TTT (the track), Drunk On Love and Red Lipstick

LOUD, TTT and Una could've been much better albums without all the filler,
but that's what happen when you're making fast food music just to stay afloat

n it's all good tho cause RihLORD is taking this break to find herself and when she comes back this fall to demolish your sloppy, disposable faves with the alt/experimental deep house/trap/caribbean SMASH that will be R8 it's gonna be a wrap

tumblr_m7h5wrgu941r3vccgo1_500.gif
Oh we're much closer in alignment on TTT. Lovely.

And these FLOPS better thank you for letting them KNOW how this fall is going down. Don't say the good sis Latch didn't warn you.

Zutroy

Since it's PCD on Gaf listens this week, was anyone aware that Ashley Roberts actually released some music?

Woman Up
Yesterday
Clockwork

It's a shame it's all a bit generic because she seems like a really nice woman.

-----------

Also get into this Saturdays megamix and appreciate the most underrated girl groups excellent output over their career.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
-----------

Also get into this Saturdays megamix and appreciate the most underrated girl groups excellent output over their career.

So many bops
Just makes me yearn for a great Girls Aloud megamix. This one has too may shitty remixes for my liking
I mean putting some eurotrash trance beat over Sound of the Underground. A travesty

edit; Oh wait, this is actually pretty great! Live too, when will any of our faves?

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how FIERCE the Something New video is? No one else in the pop game has ever, will ever or can ever. Two years later and I'm still utterly slain

Wes

venison crêpe
Have The Saturdays ever even had a widely adored hit?

The Sugababes they are not.
Push the Button is the best pop song out of the UK since the millennium.

Vitanimus

That's a funny way to spell About You Now

Where are the Sugababes? I remember their last album getting dragged even tho it had a few cute bops on it.

Back home now so I'm gonna spend the next few days listening to all the music posted this past week.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

Everything from that trio is divine tbh
Before and after I do not use though

edit; Oh wait, this is actually pretty great! Live too, when will any of our faves?

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how FIERCE the Something New video is? No one else in the pop game has ever, will ever or can ever. Two years later and I'm still utterly slain

Thank the lord, a palate cleanser after some of the filth I have been subjected to in the past few pages. Bless, and even an instrumental version of Untouchable.

Also, Something New is the best modern dance-pop song, nothing else even comes close. An unrelenting bop that never gets old.

Pick any song
well maybe not any song from their debut
. Gods win.

Not even counting any of my flawless indie faves. I've clearly missed the Sugababes train, they're good but nothing amazeballs.

Anyway, in terms of the Beheifer, I Am Sasha Farce is a mess and I hate All the Single Ladies with a burning passion. The only track worth saving on that unrepentantly savage aberration of a 'concept album' (what a disservice) is Sweet Dreams, one of the best things that the Birth Mother of Blue Ivy has ever created.

Then Dangerously in Need of Good Album Cuts is awful after you leave the singles and 4stalled is standard hipster bait.

B'Day and Beyonce are her only usable albums all the way through, consistently delivering good production, lyrics and vocals; the holy trinity of an engaged listener.

(Rip, googling Sasha Fierce takes me to this radical Christian page about how it's likely the result of demonic possession. In comparison to the phenomenon that was B'Day I'm inclined to agree. Also, those quotes are ridiculous 'I wouldn't like Sasha if I met her offstage' umm k what)

Rihanna albums: Rated R > Loud > Good Girl Gone Bad > Unapologetic > Talk That Talk

Matt_

@ LIL INTERNET &#8207;@LILINTERNET 10h
THERE IS GOING TO BE AN OVER 9000% INCREASE OF #YAAAAAASSS ON TWITTER WHEN MY NEW @AZEALIABANKS TRACK #HEAVYMETALANDREFLECTIVE DROPS TUESDAY

I can confirm.
I didn't know he was the producer. Didn't they break up? Good that they can still work together if so

edit;

AZEALIA &#9875; BANKS &#8207;@AZEALIABANKS 35m
oy!! "HEAVY METAL AND REFLECTIVE" LEAKED! It's okay because y'all need that new new anyway! Go find it and start shaking ya ass!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Grizzo

Where are the Sugababes? I remember their last album getting dragged even tho it had a few cute bops on it.

They have split up but kept a low profile about it. I think Amelle is heading towards a solo career (well she's been working on it for like almost 2 years now), and Heidi did a reality show. Jade... Well I don't know about Jade.

It's all about Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan now

tumblr_mphcmvJpNu1qkx3eio1_500.gif

Buy their single on iTunes! Wait, actually... it's too late, everybody should have done that in September because now they flopped and we don't know what the hell is going on with their album :(

I'm not sure whether or not it's because this year has felt mellow and shimmery so far, but this song is a proper dirty bop.
tumblr_ltwb48oo1J1qj57bzo1_500.gif

If only her personality were more agreeable...

187939696_524520742.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom