• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

uhhhh

yall need to get into this rn

Hyuna - Red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTXCgR93zC8

WAIT

iCrUGcsNunDIA.gif

Azhewlia tried

And she better stan for Queen Fiona her iconic Criminal video

Aguila

#ICONIC
HM&R gets better with every listen.

It's some sex shit
I be with that Bentley, with that bubble in them breasts
I be looking very jiggle jello in them dresses

419700idgaf.gif

That's the loveliest thing I ever heard.

419700idgaf.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
You don't remember Azealia's raps on the first few listens.

It's when you start learning them and start rapping along that you get your real life.
iCfBf3pYirA7Y.gif

Mumei

And Game of Thrones got two nominations in that category. Nothing against GoT but Hannibal is operating on another plane of existence with that shit. It should be SWEEPING those kind of categories if they're going to pay dust to it in the main categories.

Frankly, it ought to be sweeping every category and celebrating by creating murder-art-installations of the other shows' characters.

Partition

Banned
JESUS has landed and her name is TWIGS

It's over, she wins 2014

Two Weeks>>>>>>
Video Girl>>>>>>>
Numbers>>>>>>>
Closer>>>>>>>>>
Give Up>>>>>>>>>

Neptune

If "Heavy Metal & Reflective" is the long-awaited comeback that's supposed to get me excited again for Joke With Extensive Delays, then it's no wonder the label let her go. Even the non-screaming parts of "Yung Rapunxel" were better than this.

Also, hi Pop-GAF! First time posting, but I always love reading your threads for new music recommendations.

Touchdown

Banned
If "Heavy Metal & Reflective" is the long-awaited comeback that's supposed to get me excited again for Joke With Extensive Delays, then it's no wonder the label let her go. Even the non-screaming parts of "Yung Rapunxel" were better than this.

Also, hi Pop-GAF! First time posting, but I always love reading your threads for new music recommendations.

Welcome to the new and improved POPGAF.

id154D88W1otU.gif

Vitanimus

Welcome! Tell us your faves *.*

just listened to this fku twigs girl. its pretty boring stuff. it reminds me of that albertgeorge group or whoever this thread was really into a while ago.

just listened to this fku twigs girl. its pretty boring stuff. it reminds me of that albertgeorge group or whoever this thread was really into a while ago.

FKA Twigs is the real deal. I saw her twice last weekend and she has stage presence, a beautiful voice, cute personality and is an amazing dancer. Girl has it all and if you're too basic to understand that, it's okay. Not everyone is perfect.

I'm perched for my limited edition LP1 vinyl to arrive.

tumblr_n7ozxdbkKK1qa4iv8o1_500.gif

Neptune

Welcome to the new and improved POPGAF.

id154D88W1otU.gif

Welcome! Tell us your faves *.*
a4LsPct.gif

As for my faves... Mostly I tend to get into an album or some songs here and there without ever really becoming too invested in the people behind it. I wouldn't consider myself a full-blown fan of that many artists, but my holy trinity definitely has to be Björk, Madonna and Lana Del Rey (in that order). I've followed each of them for an extended period of time and seen them all live in concert, and I have a lot of appreciation for a majority of their music. Beyond those three, though, I listen to a lot of Annie Lennox, Robyn, La Roux, Kylie, Annie, Florence + The Machine, Goldfrapp, Sky Ferreira... I could go on and on. Some of the bigger names like Gaga, Mariah, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Britney, Taylor or Katy tend to be more hit-or-miss for me, but I often enjoy their singles even if I usually don't get into their albums as much. I did have a moment with BEYONCÉ for a couple of weeks after it dropped, though, to name a more recent example, and I still need to check out Mariah's latest.

As you might be able to tell, 99% of the time I am not here for male vocals. Thom Yorke and Prince are among the more notable exceptions to this rule.

cory64

Björk, Madonna

Robyn, Kylie, Annie,Sky Ferreira

Beyoncé, Rihanna, Britney

I did have a moment with BEYONCÉ for a couple of weeks after it dropped, though

As you might be able to tell, 99% of the time I am not here for male vocals.

Prince
I use

Welcome

imcLuUebFGvvy.gif

Er, where is the lie?

Ariana, for all her vocal issues, is leagues above the lazy, monotone, chipmunk-voiced wave of whews that has sprung up this past year (Jhene Aiko, Tinashe, this new leaked whew, about 384509 flash in the pan UK acts no one in this thread remembers anymore, etc.)

If anything, she tries too hard because she has the power. Just not the range.

And yes, Yours Truly remains 2013 AOTY, irrespective of the diarrhea wave of toxic sludge that she's been slinging ever since.

Try again.

JohnDoe

Banned
a4LsPct.gif

As for my faves... Mostly I tend to get into an album or some songs here and there without ever really becoming too invested in the people behind it. I wouldn't consider myself a full-blown fan of that many artists, but my holy trinity definitely has to be Björk, Madonna and Lana Del Rey (in that order). I've followed each of them for an extended period of time and seen them all live in concert, and I have a lot of appreciation for a majority of their music. Beyond those three, though, I listen to a lot of Annie Lennox, Robyn, La Roux, Kylie, Annie, Florence + The Machine, Goldfrapp, Sky Ferreira... I could go on and on. Some of the bigger names like Gaga, Mariah, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Britney, Taylor or Katy tend to be more hit-or-miss for me, but I often enjoy their singles even if I usually don't get into their albums as much. I did have a moment with BEYONCÉ for a couple of weeks after it dropped, though, to name a more recent example, and I still need to check out Mariah's latest.

As you might be able to tell, 99% of the time I am not here for male vocals. Thom Yorke and Prince are among the more notable exceptions to this rule.

Hi fellow newbie.

Nice to have another Prince stan in here. :)

Speaking of Prince, i rediscovered the Dance Mix of his iconic breakthrough hit Little Red Corvette, it's giving me so much life right now.

Love yourself and get into Break Free
ieb2aeK9YbsHy.gif
I would, but I can't because I do love myself.

Unfortunately, Ariana abandoned everything I loved about Yours Truly and there is zero evidence that her new alberm will have any redeeming value.

Fortunately, JoJo's back to remind the lessers what the R in R&B stands for.

FKA Twigs is the real deal. I saw her twice last weekend and she has stage presence, a beautiful voice, cute personality and is an amazing dancer. Girl has it all and if you're too basic to understand that, it's okay. Not everyone is perfect.

I'm perched for my limited edition LP1 vinyl to arrive.

tumblr_n7ozxdbkKK1qa4iv8o1_500.gif

iGfPhaWYa7mDo.gif

Partition

Banned
It is true though, I've never seen an artist try so hard to diminish any ounce of integrity they had so quickly. Yours Truly is a very solid debut, it is shocking that every track she has done since is about equivalent to something out of Demi Lovato's backlog.

It is true though, I've never seen an artist try so hard to diminish any ounce of integrity they had so quickly. Yours Truly is a very solid debut, it is shocking that every track she has done since is about equivalent to Demi Lovato's backlog.

stars dance is a modern pop masterpiece, tho. u tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom