• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
I love that look 🙏

Anything Goes is cute but I have no intention of listening to it again until the album or a music video comes out.

Can we just take a moment to remember Gaga and Mariah slaying on his last duets album as well?
ed2305b7.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZtM-E4y_dQ
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAmDULCVrU
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

Mumei

And Intro'd by OPRAH!?

No, I've never seen this!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS

Miss Gladys said, "Patti, you not about to steamroll over ME without a fight! COme get these lower belts."

And poor Dionne just content, chillin in the background. lol

Oprah at 4:41, Patti's leg shaking and stomping at 5:31, and Oprah trying to catch her breath seconds later. <3

And yeah, Dionne was good but Patti and Gladys stole that performance.

cory64

Stop, those glasses look good on him.

Forgive me for not taking to heart any suggestions on healthy thoughts from someone who has once described Rihanna as "good"
I'm sorry my fave wasn't able to hold the public's interest for all of 2½ years and then face a steep decline creatively and commercially.

She doesn't even need a team for people to stay wanting more, all she did was hang out at the World Cup and be herself and she's major international news.

I'm sorry my fave wasn't able to hold the public's interest for all of 2½ years and then face a steep decline creatively and commercially.

She doesn't even need a team for people to stay wanting more, all she did was hang out at the World Cup and be herself and she's major international news.

Of course not, your fave would need to have creativity for it to decline. And Rihanna being the only recognizable pop star at a major sporting event is hardly bragging rights. I'm sure if Nicky Azealia or Katy Minaj were at the championship they would have made identical headlines as well. Though I suppose the #NVAY is happy to see their fave finally get a headline that doesn't mention her abuser

cory64

She's essentially her own label executive, and it takes creativity to be so consistently right in her choices.

And no, it was not just that she appeared there, she embodied the essence of the event like no other celebrity could. Anyone could just show up for attention, she did it for love.

seriously, tho. Is that really you?
Yes it is I promise!!! o__o!
I don't know if this is proof enough? X___X

Mhm you're pretty good. You should try loosening up your Rs though.
Thanks! Strangely enough, it's a bit of a habit of mine :( And i thought the exact same thing after I listened to the video post-upload X__X LOL!

Yes. I can verify.

We've skyped before.

Thanks for vouching for me, sis! <33

Edit: goddamnit the "POPGAF" is so faded I couldn't find my sharpie wah ;_;

xaosslug

Chasing The Sun Music Video

The video is cute I guess, shame about the basic song.

And I guess I've never noticed before but Hilary is built like a lego :$

i think her team was smart. this song is 'ahead of it's time' in that EDM is dying a slow death, and people are wanting more organic-sounding music, like MAGIC!

she won't necessarily slay, but do OK.And it sounds really close to her older material like I Can't Wait - in fact this song is like I Can't Wait 2.0. LOL

Yes it is I promise!!! o__o!
I don't know if this is proof enough? X___X

Thanks! Strangely enough, it's a bit of a habit of mine :( And i thought the exact same thing after I listened to the video post-upload X__X LOL!

Thanks for vouching for me, sis! <33

Edit: goddamnit the "POPGAF" is so faded I couldn't find my sharpie wah ;_;

Girl I got chu <3

great stuff bluebadger. good song choice too.
Aww man... :') Thank you so much.. I seriously appreciate it so much. Makes me so happy to hear!!! <3

!!!!!!!!!!
BB!!!! I'm so glad I popped back in here tonight and I get to see this??? Wow what a great voice!
and super cute too ;)
:D
Slay a bit Badger! <3333333

ALEX! <3333 So good to see you in here :')!

o___o Waaaah! Thank you so much!!! That's so kind of you! <33 I missed you!!

Wahh all these appearance compliments are making me blush

gurL don't go Taylor Swift on us, you know you're damn sexy

(your voice too <3)

But you know I'm a diehard T Swift boy <333! LOL!!

Tbh tho I'm pretty insecure about that kinda stuff o___o
more my body than anything but I guess everyone is a little bit!

Insecurities aside, I'm all flustered now.. <3! I'm just so glad people listen to my videos, yknow? :)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
BtrosQECUAMcLmi.jpg

Iconic. Timeless. Elegant. Transcendent. Gaga.

Oh damn, I love this btw *.*

ALEX! <3333 So good to see you in here :')!

o___o Waaaah! Thank you so much!!! That's so kind of you! <33 I missed you!!

Wahh all these appearance compliments are making me blush

gorl don't you go being all modest now ;) I missed u too!!!! :D
Out of morbid curiosity I did go back and read the whole kerfuffle after I left and I was very touched by the surprisingly overwhelming positive comments left my way :) :) as well as numerous (some very surprising) PM's I received :). Couldn't stay away forever now <3333

Omg how did I miss this?!?! o____o I love these two together sooooo much <33 This is amazing.

Oh damn, I love this btw *.*

gorl don't you go being all modest now ;) I missed u too!!!! :D
Out of morbid curiosity I did go back and read the whole kerfuffle after I left and I was very touched by the surprisingly overwhelming positive comments left my way :) :) as well as numerous (some very surprising) PM's I received :). Couldn't stay away forever now <3333

Well I'm glad you're back, sis!! :D <3!!

Neptune

let me be ur whore
iNxHCWrqd4LXo.gif

I'm very jealous that you've seen Bjork in concert. I recall walking past the venue in Manchester when she kicked off her Biophillia tours and kicked myself for not attending, because her discography was still relatively new to me at the time. Crystalline was the first Bjork song I went out of my way to listen to... how time flies~
I finally saw her on the Biophilia tour in 2012. It was the first time she played a concert near me since she toured for Post. It was a transcendent experience; I was really close to the stage, the setlist included some real classics and she sounded absolutely amazing. Actually seeing her in person after stanning since the first time I saw the "Big Time Sensuality" video in 1994 was just unreal.

The queen of making low-budget videos look expensive! I can recall an embarrassing moment when the "Fountain" video came out earlier this year. I loved it and wanted to buy the song, so I went to her site to get it. I mistook her donation page for some Radiohead-esque thing where you set your own price for the track download, so I gave her a little something and was disappointed to not receive anything for it. I bought the track normally and didn't give it any more thought, but imagine my surprise when I received an e-mail from her label saying I'll get the album for free on release day because of that donation. I should donate again though, because I didn't really give a whole album's worth.

Vazduh

BlueBadger just keeps slaying! *.*

9Zue1RF.gif

And Neptune, welcome!

i think her team was smart. this song is 'ahead of it's time' in that EDM is dying a slow death, and people are wanting more organic-sounding music, like MAGIC!

she won't necessarily slay, but do OK.And it sounds really close to her older material like I Can't Wait - in fact this song is like I Can't Wait 2.0. LOL

I can agree with the bolded part, although I'm not sure that people are looking for Wholary Dull nowadays, tbh. However, I am curious to hear the other tracks she recorded, there might be a gem or two among those.

Or not.
i4cvBQL.gif

who remembers this cute bop

Fascination - Alphabeat

I do! And I still love it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Luther Vandross is a man!?
I never knew. Always thought shehe was another Tina Turner Diana Ross person judging by the name

Alrus

That new Hillary Duff song is rather bad. Sound like something a disney channel b-grade "star" would have on her first album...

My new video is up o___o Although i'm not sure if John Legend is usually considered pop X____X

You're very talented
(and good looking)
:) I don't really like All of Me though :(

Mau ®;123142493 said:
Nnnnnnn NOT Hilary's song being higher on iTunes than "Anything Goes".

The decline is REAL.

Heh, it's a Jazz song released with barely any promo (and it's not very good), anyone expecting it to do well would be called delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom