• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hillary.jpg

canocha

Vitanimus

a4LsPct.gif

As for my faves... Mostly I tend to get into an album or some songs here and there without ever really becoming too invested in the people behind it. I wouldn't consider myself a full-blown fan of that many artists, but my holy trinity definitely has to be Björk, Madonna and Lana Del Rey (in that order). I've followed each of them for an extended period of time and seen them all live in concert, and I have a lot of appreciation for a majority of their music. Beyond those three, though, I listen to a lot of Annie Lennox, Robyn, La Roux, Kylie, Annie, Florence + The Machine, Goldfrapp, Sky Ferreira... I could go on and on.

yes very good

iNxHCWrqd4LXo.gif

I'm very jealous that you've seen Bjork in concert. I recall walking past the venue in Manchester when she kicked off her Biophillia tours and kicked myself for not attending, because her discography was still relatively new to me at the time. Crystalline was the first Bjork song I went out of my way to listen to... how time flies~

Damn copy paste, failing me like this!

Keep the mantle until her next album, i'll snatch it if its good! xD
She's never had a bad album. In fact, they all punch the universe to infinity.

It's just the frustrating everything else where all we get are missing goats and the 2348th acoustic Better in Time performance in Malta or some other accidental blot on the Piri Reis.

She needs to learn how to engage with her stanbase in between albums. Though it's not like this is a problem unique to Leona.

cory64

She's never had a bad album. In fact, they all punch the universe to infinity.

It's just the frustrating everything else where all we get are missing goats and the 2348th acoustic Better in Time performance in Malta or some other accidental blot on the Piri Reis.

She needs to learn how to engage with her stanbase in between albums. Though it's not like this is a problem unique to Leona.
How does one engage with nothing?

iPXtz9PGAlioU.gif

My dearest young ones. Let me tell you about my sugar daddy. Before there was a Maxwell, a Lenny Kravitz, a Prince... There was my BIG DADDY Luther Vandross. I know you girls don't like slow music, or men for that matter.
(Who hurt you, btw?!)
But babies, Luther
(or Lutha)
is the realest of the real deals. And contrary to popular belief, Lu had some jams in there. Also: Vocals for days. Songs for days. Big Luther or skinny Luther, it didn't matter. When boo started SANGIN, you shut up, sat down, and paid attention. Luther didn't garner much by the way of crossover success
(except for that insipid "Here and Now" drivel)
and thank goodness. Singers seeking crossover appeal makes "good" singers sing shitty songs that don't fit their voices. See: Jennifer Hudson
(I used quotes around good, Mumei)
Luther didn't fall into that trap. Her made good albums and music that accentuated exactly what you seek out singers for, HIS VOICE.

My love affair with Luther started when I was fairly young. My mom, being the connoisseur of fabulous music that she is, copped Luther's debut album when it dropped in 1981, and a young six year old <+)O Robido O(+> fell in love. I cannot tell you how many times I listened to that record as a youngster. It was a lot. I had yet to discover Prince, so Luther was my everything.

I tried to narrow this post down to one favorite album, but as you can see, I failed. Luther's first 5 albums are everything. I invite you to give them a listen, and get your life.

I won't post any of the live stuff, unless I have no choice. BUT YOU ARE NOT READY FOR LIVE LUTHER ANYWAY!
jbxtiH1hx78Dx0.jpg

1. "Never Too Much"
2. "Sugar and Spice (I Found Me a Girl)"
3. "Don't You Know That?"
4. "I've Been Working"
5. "She's a Super Lady"
6. "You Stopped Loving Me"
7. "A House Is Not a Home"
ihSdkGMDdExn2.jpg

1. "Bad Boy/Having a Party"
2. "You're the Sweetest One"
3. "Since I Lost My Baby"
4. "Forever, For Always, For Love"
5. "Better Love"
6. "Promise Me"
7. "She Loves Me Back"
8. "Once You Know How"
i6rjArQtlLsFp.jpg

1. "I Wanted Your Love"
2. "Busy Body"
3. "I'll Let You Slide"
4. "Make Me a Believer"
5. "For the Sweetness of Your Love"
6. "How Many Times Can We Say Goodbye"
7. "Superstar/Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)"
jlbB2CRWepzC6.jpg

1. "'Til My Baby Comes Home"
2. "The Night I Fell in Love"
3. "If Only for One Night"
4. "Creepin'"
5. "It's Over Now"
6. "Wait for Love"
7. "My Sensitivity (Gets in the Way)"
8. "Other Side of the World"
jlcyxiFldUZKC.jpg

1. "Stop To Love"
2. "See Me"
3. "I Gave It Up (When I Fell in Love)"
4. "So Amazing"
5. "Give Me the Reason"
6. "There's Nothing Better Than Love"
7. "I Really Didn't Mean It"
8. "Because It's Really Love"
9. "Anyone Who Had a Heart"

Bonus:
"Searching"
"The Glow Of Love"
"If This World Were Mine" with Cheryl Lynn
"Come Back"
"Any Love"
"Love Won't Let Me Wait"
"Are You Gonna Love Me"
"For You to Love"
"The Rush"
"I Want the Night to Stay"
"I (Who Have Nothing) with Martha Wash
"Heaven Knows"
"Love Me Again"
"How Deep Is Your Love/Love Don't Love Nobody"
"Never Let Me Go"
"Always and Forever"
"Shine"
"The Closer I Get To You" with Beyonce
"The Best Things in Life Are Free" with Janet Jackson, Bell Biv Devoe, and Ralph Tresvant

R.I.P Luther!

Nice to have another Prince stan in here. :)

ifQLtCUfaVlxK.gif

YAAAASSSSSS ROB!!!!

GIVE TESTIMONY!!!

Let me have myself a Lutha night...
I'd be a fool to ever change
If [he] says [he] loves me the way I am
I'd be a fool to ever change (yes yes yes)
If he says [he] loves the, loves the way I am
It's gonna be starting here, starting now, yeah yeah yeah
Forever, for always, for love
Do it for the ones we love

70 more minutes until my new YouTube video finishes uploading :O! I bought a new camera today for my videos and the files must be bigger because it's taking considerably longer X___X LOL! :3

I covered All of Me by John Legend
only because a million people requested it o____o.

Koodo

Banned
Y'all did too much on Chasing The Sun. It's a cute song.

I understand if these reactions came right after listening to LP1 though.

i7P5XjyWgoNt2.gif

Fey

Banned
Dunno if this guy's stuff has been posted but I'm listening to his album right now and I like it. It looks like he's a producer so lots of the tracks seem to just be music but it's still cute.

ihAKe6TMovqKW.gif

Mumei

iPXtz9PGAlioU.gif

My dearest young ones. Let me tell you about my sugar daddy. Before there was a Maxwell, a Lenny Kravitz, a Prince... There was my BIG DADDY Luther Vandross. I know you girls don't like slow music, or men for that matter.
(Who hurt you, btw?!)
But babies, Luther
(or Lutha)
is the realest of the real deals. And contrary to popular belief, Lu had some jams in there. Also: Vocals for days. Songs for days. Big Luther or skinny Luther, it didn't matter. When boo started SANGIN, you shut up, sat down, and paid attention. Luther didn't garner much by the way of crossover success
(except for that insipid "Here and Now" drivel)
and thank goodness. Singers seeking crossover appeal makes "good" singers sing shitty songs that don't fit their voices. See: Jennifer Hudson
(I used quotes around good, Mumei)
Luther didn't fall into that trap. Her made good albums and music that accentuated exactly what you seek out singers for, HIS VOICE.

My love affair with Luther started when I was fairly young. My mom, being the connoisseur of fabulous music that she is, copped Luther's debut album when it dropped in 1981, and a young six year old <+)O Robido O(+> fell in love. I cannot tell you how many times I listened to that record as a youngster. It was a lot. I had yet to discover Prince, so Luther was my everything.

I tried to narrow this post down to one favorite album, but as you can see, I failed. Luther's first 5 albums are everything. I invite you to give them a listen, and get your life.

I won't post any of the live stuff, unless I have no choice. BUT YOU ARE NOT READY FOR LIVE LUTHER ANYWAY!
jbxtiH1hx78Dx0.jpg

1. "Never Too Much"
2. "Sugar and Spice (I Found Me a Girl)"
3. "Don't You Know That?"
4. "I've Been Working"
5. "She's a Super Lady"
6. "You Stopped Loving Me"
7. "A House Is Not a Home"
ihSdkGMDdExn2.jpg

1. "Bad Boy/Having a Party"
2. "You're the Sweetest One"
3. "Since I Lost My Baby"
4. "Forever, For Always, For Love"
5. "Better Love"
6. "Promise Me"
7. "She Loves Me Back"
8. "Once You Know How"
i6rjArQtlLsFp.jpg

1. "I Wanted Your Love"
2. "Busy Body"
3. "I'll Let You Slide"
4. "Make Me a Believer"
5. "For the Sweetness of Your Love"
6. "How Many Times Can We Say Goodbye"
7. "Superstar/Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)"
jlbB2CRWepzC6.jpg

1. "'Til My Baby Comes Home"
2. "The Night I Fell in Love"
3. "If Only for One Night"
4. "Creepin'"
5. "It's Over Now"
6. "Wait for Love"
7. "My Sensitivity (Gets in the Way)"
8. "Other Side of the World"
jlcyxiFldUZKC.jpg

1. "Stop To Love"
2. "See Me"
3. "I Gave It Up (When I Fell in Love)"
4. "So Amazing"
5. "Give Me the Reason"
6. "There's Nothing Better Than Love"
7. "I Really Didn't Mean It"
8. "Because It's Really Love"
9. "Anyone Who Had a Heart"

Bonus:
"Searching"
"The Glow Of Love"
"If This World Were Mine" with Cheryl Lynn
"Come Back"
"Any Love"
"Love Won't Let Me Wait"
"Are You Gonna Love Me"
"For You to Love"
"The Rush"
"I Want the Night to Stay"
"I (Who Have Nothing) with Martha Wash
"Heaven Knows"
"Love Me Again"
"How Deep Is Your Love/Love Don't Love Nobody"
"Never Let Me Go"
"Always and Forever"
"Shine"
"The Closer I Get To You" with Beyonce
"The Best Things in Life Are Free" with Janet Jackson, Bell Biv Devoe, and Ralph Tresvant

R.I.P Luther!

What a fantastic post that I'm unnecessarily quoting in its entirety. There's never too much Luther.

BtrosQECUAMcLmi.jpg

Iconic. Timeless. Elegant. Transcendent. Gaga.

ANYTHING GOES is cute. Sort of a lowball first single but it'll set the stage for the inevitable solo release from Mother Darling.

Giving me Diana Ross/Roxxxy Andrews realness in that picture too. WORK YAS BISH END US

cory64

BtrosQECUAMcLmi.jpg

ANYTHING GOES is cute. Sort of a lowball first single but it'll set the stage for the inevitable solo release from Mother Darling.

Giving me Diana Ross/Roxxxy Andrews realness in that picture too. WORK YAS BISH END US
You can let go at any time. No one will judge you at this point. Free Yourself.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
BtrosQECUAMcLmi.jpg

I love that look &#128591;

Anything Goes is cute but I have no intention of listening to it again until the album or a music video comes out.

Ties

Banned
BtrosQECUAMcLmi.jpg

You know someone is desperate when they have to steal a 16 year old's look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom