• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

iP5NqWFDSPYL1.gif

Since gaf is on the mood to talk about singers. Let's talk about Anita Baker. Simply put, Anita is BAD. Anita effortly slays 7/10ths of your faves.
(That's only if you stan Whitney, Mariah and Prince. If not she slays all of them.)
My favorite album by Anita is "Compostitions." The first single from the album was "Fairy Tales," clocking in a damn near 8 minutes, the song is, quite frankly (say it with me, lol) EVERYTHING. Her vocals are on point, always. Her delivery in point, always. You can barely go wrong with pre-haitus Anita. I'd been a fan of Anita's prior to this, but there was always a song or too that left me wanting. There are no such song on "Compositions" and its the business.

This is for the grown and sexy. But you all should listen anyway. ;)
iWsvQ0NBA5TtH.jpg

"Talk to Me"
"Perfect Love Affair"
"Whatever It Takes"
"Soul Inspiration"
"Lonely"
"No One to Blame"
"More Than You Know"
"Love You to The Letter"
"Fairy Tales"

Bonus:
"Angel"
"Sweet Love"
"You Bring Me Joy"
"Caught Up in the Rapture"
"No One in the World"
"Same Ole Love (365 Days a Year)"
"Watch Your Step"
"Giving You the Best That I Got"
"Good Love"
"Body and Soul"

royalan

Since gaf is on the mood to talk about singers. Let's talk about Anita Baker. Simply put, Anita is BAD. Anita effortly slays 7/10ths of your faves.
(That's only if you stan Whitney, Mariah and Prince. If not she slays all of them.)
My favorite album by Anita is "Compostitions." The first single from the album was "Fairy Tales," clocking in a damn near 8 minutes, the song is, quite frankly (say it with me, lol) EVERYTHING. Her vocals are on point, always. Her delivery in point, always. You can barely go wrong with pre-haitus Anita. I'd been a fan of Anita's prior to this, but there was always a song or too that left me wanting. There are no such song on "Compositions" and its the business.

This is for the grown and sexy. But you all should listen anyway. ;)
iWsvQ0NBA5TtH.jpg

"Talk to Me"
"Perfect Love Affair"
"Whatever It Takes"
"Soul Inspiration"
"Lonely"
"No One to Blame"
"More Than You Know"
"Love You to The Letter"
"Fairy Tales"

Bonus:
"Angel"
"Sweet Love"
"You Bring Me Joy"
"Caught Up in the Rapture"
"No One in the World"
"Same Ole Love (365 Days a Year)"
"Watch Your Step"
"Giving You the Best That I Got"
"Good Love"
"Body and Soul"

Bitch you better NAWT.

Anita is legit in my top 5. :(

Nemesis_

I still think of Jessie J as that hew with a cane at the VMAs. Doesn't seem like much has changed.

I remember that one year where she was in a chair and they seemed to just get her to adlib or sing the intros and outros to the commercial breaks

royalan

I'm willing to wager you have Christina Aguilera ahead of Anita. You're a damaged individual Roy Alan. Imma talk to Jesus about you tonight.

Anita>Christina

Caught Up In the Rapture
You Bring Me Joy
Fairy Tales
Sweet Love
Been So Long
I apologize
Body and Soul

The Contralto Supreme. ;__;

Nemesis_

Rosemary, a girl with pale eyes who ten years earlier had failed in her training to become the new Receiver of Memories and who had asked to be released (the memories of pain having overwhelmed her).

hmm

Aguila

#ICONIC
What an ugly promo pic. Taylor is not doing it any favors.

And from the looks of it, the movie is not going to do any justice to one of my favorite books ._.

royalan

What an ugly promo pic. Taylor is not doing it any favors.

And from the looks of it, this movie is not going to do any justice to one of my favorite books ever ._.

Yep. .___.

I mean, you're going to make a movie of The Giver, a classic children's novel. EVERYONE has read this book. Why wouldn't you want to put effort into this.

Everything about this movie looks so cheap.

royalan

LOL - I don't "stan" The Giver. But it IS a pretty important book in the American education.

When you get to the age where you're expected to read books that don't have pictures in them, The Giver and Charlotte's Web are usually the first books you come in contact with.

the Charlotte's Web movie sucked too...:(

cory64

LOL - I don't "stan" The Giver. But it IS a pretty important book in the American education.

When you get to the age where you're expected to read books that don't have pictures in them, The Giver and Charlotte's Web are usually the first books you come in contact with.

the Charlotte's Web movie sucked too...:(
That or something bland and inoffensive like Gary Soto

cory64

I heard Where Have You Been on the radio today but they cut out the intro and it completely changes the tone of the song (for the worse).
I was also subjected to Bang Bang twice.

Get into Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
Yes! Schools need to invest in quality like that.

cory64

Remember when the Navy was supposed to collapse when Rihanna went more than 5 weeks without a new album?

Looks like we're stronger than ever tbh.

Touchdown

Banned
Hi Touchdown!!! <3

Random compliment time:

1. I've always assumed it was you in your avatar TD? I love it tbh ;)

2. I love your dedicated Mariah stanning <3

3. So I've added MIAMTEC to my current rotation thanks to your suggestion and I'm enjoying it, for realsies ;)

Aww thanks enigmatic! I really appreciate it and I'm glad to see you posting here again. <3

iwiiuo6XzIBKK.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.

okayyyyyy....

XD XD XD

Of all the responses I cracked up the most @ this one!!!
We here in the North do not acknowledge Justin Bieber's Canadian Citizenship btw, you Americans have him now and can keep him

Hideaway finally entered the Hot 100 last week. Lettuce pray she reaches the top 10.

yaaassssssssss I'm here for it. If there's anyone I want to succeed right now it's Canadian sensation Kiesza <3

Prepare to be slayed.
52b0f867.gif

My fave songs that I still use regularly are Nuclear Seasons, You, Take My Hand, Grins, What I Like, and Lock You Up.
52b0f867.gif

Also, true romance is a great album, enjoy it. My favorite track remains set me free.

Y'all were right, I gave True Romance a whirl last night and it slays ^____^
And I'll have to listen to it several times to cement my favorite songs, but right now my fave is Nuclear Seasons. Lawd what a bop :D

I hope she's working on something new, they talked about her yesterday on Celebitchy and how Charli is gonna write for herself now <3

http://www.celebitchy.com/378601/ch..._i_want_to_be_written_about_in_50_years_time/

Ignore the comments section btw, most of the people posting on CB are bitter soccer moms

Aww thanks enigmatic! I really appreciate it and I'm glad to see you posting here again. <3

iwiiuo6XzIBKK.gif

<3 <3 <3

I love your new avatar!!!! :3 :3 :3

Agreed, love Touchdown's new avi. Love it when members use their "real pic". ^___^
And I've said it before, but POPGAF remains the best looking community around, why do the others even try it???? :*)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I'm curious if anyone else likes this song, I added it to my playlist a while back and it still comes on the radio every morning on my drive to work (was just on a few min ago)

Serena Ryder's What I Wouldn't Do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppi1uDvc44w

I'm not generally a fan of stuff that sounds "folksy" but... I do admit I love to sing along to this one in my car ^________^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom