• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously thought that was Jessie J scrolling down. lol

Speaking of, I'm really liking Bang Bang now. Roy was right, it's a good 'un. I called it the Ford Taurus of collaborations but sometimes people like Ford Taurus. Who knew?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
WAIT...
So In The Zone was great (I still own the CD) and that was the last time I actually liked Knee, and everyone knows she's a broken shell of a former popstar these days.....
But finally listening to Blackout this morning for the first time (after hearing people compare it to In The Zone) and I'm finding it...... surprisingly enjoyable?????!!!!

Britney_Spears_-_Blackout.png

Where did it all go wrong
hmmm.gif

I still remember choking from laughter at hearing "My Baby" for the first time.

TINY HANDS
YES THAT'S YOU

I SMELL YOUR BREATH
IT MAKES ME CRY

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Emily West on America's Got Talent is SLAYING. She rocks some disheveled Mulholland Drive realness and does Roy Orbison proud with her version of "You Got It" (this gave me chills the first time); last night she turned Sia's shrill, garbled "Chandelier" into a thing of true beauty..

She won't win -- I don't think she needs to, tbh. There are plenty of opportunities for talented singers these days -- but I'm really happy she's gotten this far.

Emily West on America's Got Talent is SLAYING. She rocks some disheveled Mulholland Drive realness and does Roy Orbison proud with her version of "You Got It" (this gave me chills the first time); last night she turned Sia's shrill, garbled "Chandelier" into a thing of true beauty..

She won't win -- I don't think she needs to, tbh. There are plenty of opportunities for talented singers these days -- but I'm really happy she's gotten this far.

Yeah, her version of You Got It blew me away. *.*

Vazduh

Ultraviolence music video

It's a do it yourself with instagram filter video tho. Lana directed it herself.

From the video description on Youtube:

Here it is, the much anticipated and haunting new video for the title track from Lana Del Rey's smash LP 'Ultraviolence'

Haunting? More like hauntingly boring. I really like the song, so at least I haven't entirely wasted four minutes of my life, but I can't remember when was the last time I saw such an uninspired video.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

Oh she has a lovely voice. Gives me Marilyn vibes
looks like a disheveled Bridget Jones in You Got It

SaintZ

Haunting? More like hauntingly boring. I really like the song, so at least I haven't entirely wasted four minutes of my life, but I can't remember when was the last time I saw such an uninspired video.
I won't even defend ha, it truly was a boring video. She has not delivered in the video department this era :/

I haven't watched any Lana video this era because I know what the fuck I'm expecting. Her visuals only seem to work when she's going for an old Americana feel honestly. Everything else she's done has been a wash.

Vazduh

Oh and Romanian Queen Inna released her official music video for Good Time featuring Shitbull.

u3ZayQF.gif

I can only guess that Inna's stylist really hates her, right?

On a bright side, the video is full of positive energy. I might have enjoyed the song a bit, too. Lord help me.

I won't even defend ha, it truly was a boring video. She has not delivered in the video department this era :/

Yup, all three videos were underwhelming. I wonder why she hasn't hired Woodkid as a director? Their Born to Die collab was incredible.

Mumei

Ooh. I will check this out tonight.

Anita>Christina

Now I am curious, Roy. I would like to see a more complete list of artists you think are > than Christina. Here, I'll help get you started:

1. SoHyang

cory64

Neither Sam Smith nor Igor Azalea have clocked gold albums yet despite being all over radio for over 2 months. I guess the old era truly is dead.

cory64

I remember someone telling me that Problem would overtake fancy, but it looks like Fancy is holding on while Problem falls
eek.gif
Fancy needs to die a quick death.
Problem felt like it was #1 so it doesn't matter.

Oh and that All About That Bass thing needs to die too. Vile.

Fey

Banned
Was #3 not #2.
100k+ decrease from MOIA
nearly a 400k decrease from E=MC²

almost 100k less than Yours Truly.
almost 200k less than Unapologetic.
550k+ less than SÉLF-TITLED in 3 days.

She's over.

poor cow
cry.gif

it's too bad the jabba the hutt's daughter storyline was cut from the future 2 billion dollar grossing star wars episode VII
cry.gif

cory64

If this is her American Life than maybe her Confessions era is up next. But where was her Music? Her Ray of Light? Can't someone slay well into their 40s other than Madonna & Cher?

Fey

Banned
Going after her weight because her career is too legendary to touch, a mess.

jbuK950Novg2ta.png

did you miss

Was #3 not #2.
100k+ decrease from MOIA
nearly a 400k decrease from E=MC²

almost 100k less than Yours Truly.
almost 200k less than Unapologetic.
550k+ less than SÉLF-TITLED in 3 days.

She's over.

what else is there left to say

she's done

no one cares that she released an album

even billboard finds her pathetic

from the way it was released, it looks like even she lost interest halfway through the process of coming to the studio everyday to make sure the computers were hitting all the right notes for her

she can no longer sing

she can't perform, and i just looked up her tours so consider yourself lucky that i don't discuss this any further

when i look up "mariah carey fat" on google, regular pics of her pop up in images

dcsfNWQ.jpg

image.jpg

JabbaTheHutt.jpg

she has 18 #1s and yet people can barely remember two of them, and she isn't even in the top five of the most successful artists in terms of singles in the world which one would expect from ~the solo artist with the most #1s~

jlo, (featuring christina aguilera), (featuring britney spears), and heck even Madonna with her 20 second snippet of GMAYL on American Idol, successfully sent their singles to the top 10, if even for a week, using their singing shows. the Elusive Cow on the other hand

it's over and it's sad, because when you think about it, it was never even that great to begin with.

jabba-angry_l_gifsoup-com.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom