• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
anything that references barbarella is an instant 10/10 from me. the fact that the video was a slice of sexy, camp perfection was just a bonus.

LMAO

It's a fucking disaster.

Y'all can dismiss criticism by calling it camp, but camp doesn't necessitate your props serving construction paper craft. Gather some coins and make something nice. And what's the excuse for the total lack of charisma from Ariana? A huge dance break at the end and she just hops around with half a smile on her face. Jesus Christ.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Gaga's Venus should have gotten a video like this. Flop Gags.

i was thinking the same thing

LMAO

It's a fucking disaster.

Y'all can dismiss criticism by calling it camp, but camp doesn't necessitate your props serving construction paper craft. Gather some coins and make something nice. And what's the excuse for the total lack of charisma from Ariana? A huge dance break at the end and she just hops around with half a smile on her face. Jesus Christ.

sis if you don't think the messiness of it was deliberate then bye.

Koodo

Banned
LMAO

It's a fucking disaster.

Hmm, serving insecure a week before the yeast infection. I wonder why. 😌

Touchdown

Banned
It reminded me of Oops I Did It Again o.o that video might have had better effects though.. :deadbanana:

tumblr_na7wk2ZjMA1rpgfoho3_500.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
okayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Despite the old and tired ponytail, vacant eyes, terrible dancing and HORRENDOUS brother Frankie, I'm cautiously becoming an Ariana fan....... I discovered this week as well that Problem is her jam too, had no clue I'd been bopping in the car to an Ariana song, I just knew I liked what I was hearing <3

The Break Free video is what I wanted ARTPOP to be

Lord have mercy! O_O

image.php

Styles

And you can't wait to move out someday and call your own shots
But don't make her drop you off around the block
Remember that she's getting older too

I just realized everything I have is someday gonna be gone

vJnyytH.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't think I saw it posted, but Ariana released a new song with Big Sean yesterday, Best Mistake
A lot slower than the previous two she's released but I like it

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Sam Smith has grown some stubble and my attraction to him has increased tenfold
Sam-Smith-stubble-main.jpg

Ariana Grande: 'I'm 99.9% sure ex-boyfriend cheated with a guy'

The singer explained that the experience inspired her new song 'Break Your Heart Right Back', which samples Diana Ross's classic anthem 'I'm Coming Out'.

"It's about a boy who cheats on a girl with another boy. That's a very fun concept," Grande told Attitude.

"Well, originally it was going to be about a boy who cheats with a girl, but then I was like, 'No, I want it to be about a boy who cheats on a girl with another boy'."

Grande later added to Metro: "It's one of my favourites on the album and it's really funny because I believe it has happened to me. I'm not 100% positive, but I'm 99.9% positive.

"I would rather he cheats on me with a guy than with a girl any day! If I found out my boyfriend was gay, I would be like 'OK!' I'd be so relieved."

What does that last sentence even mean? I think she's trying to win a gay fanbase or something. She should probably just leave everything to her publicist.

i1pg3yyutHt6G.gif

Who are her ex-boyfriends?

B-Dex

waiT.

Latch coming for Satch?

I KNOW no one would ever base their GAF name on an overall irrelevant song from years ago.

The Break Free video is a trainwreck,
and the song is bland

Y'all's taste is a damn mess

Essentially. I'm a lover of camp myself but you need to know how to carry it with your face and body. You can't just be a mean girl with a green screen. In fact, that shits in the face of sci-fi camp fare like Barbarella in assuming that all it takes is some psychadelic special effects (hold everythinge else) to be campy. Fuck that shit. If you're trying to sell ridiculousness then own that ridiculousness. Coz this video just looks like they told Ariana to copy/paste her hungry lemur faces from the Problem video and that they'll "do the rest in post-production." It's like she had no idea they were gonna take it that route until she saw the editing.

It feels like we're lowering the bar more and more with these basic newcomers.
It's so cheesy I like it.....
ibv5dtnkuUox5V.png

Her awkward movements remind me so much of Mimi.
ibv5dtnkuUox5V.png

So you know now why Mariah Carey herself is a pet peeve of mine? :p

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
all of these fumes over the break free video

the video announces within the first ten seconds that it's going to be ridiculous and tacky

and your only 'drag' is 'wow that was ridiculous and tacky'

stay bothered

The video would have been great if Ariana was ridiculous and tacky as well. She evidently didn't get the memo, and decided to rely on pretty. This is why pageant queens shouldn't do camp.

Mau ®;125187605 said:
That last sentence is such gay pandering. She sounds like a complete imbecile.

I still want to impregnate her, though.

Obviously she wants her boyfriend to be gay because she loves gay people THAT much. lol

Matt_

OH MY GOD
Could Rita TRY any harder to look like Rih?

OH MY GOD
Could Rita try and harder to look like Rih?

She's the exact fusion of Bey and Rih's faces.

But like a liger, the combined characteristics work against her due to chromosomal inconsistencies that facilitate health issues and shorten lifespan. She doesn't stand a chance in the wild let alone in captivity. Poor her.

Vitanimus

Where did I get the idea that Iggy said it would be 11 minutes long... Didn't she say it's more a short film? I couldn't even finish the thing it looked so terrible :biblio:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom