• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

She's the exact fusion of Bey and Rih's faces.

But like a liger, the combined characteristics work against her due to chromosomal inconsistencies that facilitate health issues and shorten lifespan. She doesn't stand a chance in the wild let alone in captivity. Poor her.
Omg.

Destroy Oral.

Mau ®

Rita just confirmed Calvin did cockblock her TCA performance of now local hit "I Will Never Let You Down".

Calvin said on twitter he had "pretty damn good reasons" for doing that.

I bet Calvin is #Navy
and was probably HEAVILY cheated on
*.*

I'm not a teacher, babe
But I can teach you something
Not a preacher
But we can pray if you wanna
Ain't a doctor
But I can make you feel better
But I'm great at writing physical love letters
I'm a freak, all day, all night
Hot, top, flight
Boy out of sight
And I'm crazy, all day, all night
Who needs a degree when you're schoolin' life?

giphy.gif

Results day tomorrow :(((((((

SaintZ

Mau ®;125203193 said:
Rita just confirmed Calvin did cockblock her TCA performance of now local hit "I Will Never Let You Down".

Calvin said on twitter he had "pretty damn good reasons" for doing that.

I bet Calvin is #Navy
and was probably HEAVILY cheated on
*.*
I just read Calvin's tweet and...
Calvin Harris @CalvinHarris · 7h

You'll only know 1 side of the story RE Teen choice awards because I choose not to talk to the papers about every aspect of my personal life
Calvin Harris @CalvinHarris · 7h

But just know I had a damn good reason
Wasn't he the one who broke the news about how he and Rita were no longer together?

Z3Du14A.gif

cory64

just woke up and the break free video still slays

right? was expecting to come back to it and not feel it but it still shits

Areina has 4 songs in the top 10 of iTunes when will your miserable faves

edit: Gaga doesn't have a single song charting in any major English-speaking country's iTunes right now.

Minaj makes a second appearance in the top three, as her new solo single, "Anaconda," bows at No. 3 with 141,000. She is the first lead act to have two concurrent songs in the top three of the chart since the Sept. 22, 2012 list.
Onika making it look easy

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
just woke up and the break free video still slays

It's half six in the evening tho...
Also what are the chances of Kate Bush playing Jig Of Life? Because it has been everything to me since I heard it

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
right? was expecting to come back to it and not feel it but it still shits
the boob rockets is everything

Onika making it look easy
mayday mayday earth to bitches
slap these hoes on the ass like we're birthing bitches

It's half six in the evening tho...
tumblr_n54qookQ301qacu64o1_500.jpg

Also what are the chances of Kate Bush playing Jig Of Life? Because it has been everything to me since I heard it
i dunno but i hope so

Nicki would have had 3 out of the top 4 if ***FLAWLESSremix had been unleashed for mortal consumption.

It better come out after the VMAs.

And Ariana Grande is becoming a minor miniscule phenomenon right now. How very off-season tbh. Taylor and Rihanna are coming back to claim their iTunes dominance though so she'll be shelved by October.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Break Free and Black Widow are going to have their wigs snatched by the Lord's latest high concept music video.

Hm. Are you being sarcastic?

Taylor's videos have always been very straightforward. Except maybe for the Ride-inspired IKYWT video.

If you look through her YouTube, mostly all of the stills for the music videos are of her with a boy or her with a guitar. ddd https://www.youtube.com/user/TaylorSwiftVEVO/videos

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
My mum is listening to the Fame Monster incredibly loud downstairs, slay mama

Mau ®;125219744 said:
I'm happy she's keeping to that tradition of hosting live chats with fans and reveals everything at once.

Kudos to her for not playing games like a lot of other people
People don't always need to be obscure to raise hype

Nyanko

Neo Member
My mum is listening to the Fame Monster incredibly loud downstairs, slay mama

Kudos to her for not playing games like a lot of other people
People don't always need to be obscure to raise hype

Agreed. Can't wait to see what she has in store.

"Break Free" video is weird but fun, would be nicer if Ariana had any sort of dancing ability or expression whatsoever. I don't even know what the "Black Widow" video is trying to do, but...okay.

Mau ®

So Ciara and Future called off their engament.

Now Ciara is fighting for custody of her child with him, also named Future.

Mess.

Yado

Mau ®;125228258 said:
So Ciara and Future called off their engament.

Now Ciara is fighting for custody of her child with him, also named Future.

Mess.

I seriously doubt he's going to challenge her for custody considering the number of children he has.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
*SIGH!*

I know y'all hate her, but why can't I just dislike Iggy Azalea's output??? I really liked Fancy up until a Popgaffer exposed her with her horrible Twitter updates. I've avoided Iggy since, but now I like Problem (I found out this week it was her and Ariana, literally had no idea who sung it before that) AND heard Black Widow for the first time yesterday which is also a bop O______________O

I don't WANT to like someone who is a trashy, racist and bigoted mess. I stopped watching Big Brother last season for that very reason! (this year's better). And I can't just separate her terrible (lack of) morals and character from the music either, her "music" is totally tainted by her behaviour imo

Yeah Iggy is the worst. Thankfully I find her "songs" to be just as ratted and obnoxious as her personality. The shit she's said publicly make supporting her completely out of the question.

She a dumbass

Vazduh

*SIGH!*

I know y'all hate her, but why can't I just dislike Iggy Azalea's output??? I really liked Fancy up until a Popgaffer exposed her with her horrible Twitter updates. I've avoided Iggy since, but now I like Problem (I found out this week it was her and Ariana, literally had no idea who sung it before that) AND heard Black Widow for the first time yesterday which is also a bop O______________O

I don't WANT to like someone who is a trashy, racist and bigoted mess. I stopped watching Big Brother last season for that very reason! (this year's better). And I can't just separate her terrible (lack of) morals and character from the music either, her "music" is totally tainted by her behaviour imo

Don't forget about Pu$$y, which is also a monster bop (starts at 40 second mark). But yeah, it seems that she's a huge mess IRL and I also feel weird for enjoying music coming from someone like that.

SaintZ

Don't forget about Pu$$y, which is also a monster bop (starts at 40 second mark). But yeah, it seems that she's a huge mess IRL and I also feel weird for enjoying music coming from someone like that.
I'm partial to My World too
kd3vw88umx.gif

Cotton candy, laced in gold
Stack that money, sushi roll
Bottles up, feeling throw'd
V.I.P it, overload

xoPmACY.gif

Hm. Are you being sarcastic?

Yes.

Her videos are rather unambitious tbh, but they're nice to watch and don't particularly make me cringe.

It's when you seem to have too many ideas and/or your artist is an uncharismatic mess that a video becomes messy and convoluted. I'd rather have something simple and well-executed.

EDIT: Umm, I'm hearing something about The Lord's single being called 'Shake It Off'?

Ok so Taylor's single is apparently called Shake it Off. It is an FU anthem to haters, pure pop, features horns and no guitar.

Gorl... This better be good.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
She is coming, the hater will drag it and call her a sellout but after weeks of it staying #1 on iTunes they will all come with their "it has grown on me" trite
😂😂

Vitanimus

Rihbola is coming soon to naturally select your faves
la3gD.gif

i73l2c23TdSu4.gif

Considering that in Rihanna years, it's been nearly a decade since she dropped Unapologenocide, how do you think the gap between releases will affect her sales? Will their be more hype considering her relative absence in the music industry eager for her return, leading to her highest opening debut week? Or will this gap contribute to lower opening week sales than Unapologetic? Look into to your crystal balls, tell me what you see

Rihanna wouldn't be affected by being too off the radar or being away for too long. Just like she isn't affected by over-saturation. The reason is because she, like Katy, is pretty inoffensive. Their reputation isn't so much that of an "exhibitionist" like a Bey or Gags or Nicki (or Miley now) so because of it they don't really polarize a lot of people. It seems that with Rihanna and Katy their success moves along one song at a time; if their single is catchy and radio likes it, they move up a spot. If it's not, they stall, and try again.

Mau ®

Considering that in Rihanna years, it's been nearly a decade since she dropped Unapologenocide, how do you think the gap between releases will affect her sales? Will their be more hype considering her relative absence in the music industry eager for her return, leading to her highest opening debut week? Or will this gap contribute to lower opening week sales than Unapologetic? Look into to your crystal balls, tell me what you see

Rih has never been a big seller on opening week, singles or albums. She usually sells overtime.

I don't expect any different for R8's lead single.

Vitanimus

Mau ®;125279837 said:
Rih has never been a big seller on opening week, singles or albums. She usually sells overtime.

I don't expect any different for R8's lead single.

Oh I know, it's kinda surprising really. I always find it strange how well she sells over here in the UK. I think she sold something like 600000 copies of TTT before the end of 2011?

Also let's join hands in prayer for Never Forever as he gets his results today :)

Latch

i73l2c23TdSu4.gif

I'm hoping there will be more hype
Since she's been gone so long, people have had time to miss her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom