• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Wait this sounds good. I have been warming up to her and I have accepted I Will Never Let You Down into my life. It seems she had all set up to make an splash in America: DKNY endorsement, new single, the collab with Iggy, the multiple radio interviews she's been having, VMA/TCA performances... the only thing holding her back is Calvin kiii.

Pretty much this
I didn't like her previous era at all but she's chipping away at me.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Rita Ora is boring and her music fucking sucks

Her debut single, I Will Never Let You Down, and this snippet shit on Unapolopoopenfowneg

ibz6mkBbClxhUt.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Awwww nice!!! :D My dog is dachshund/lhasa apso mix, but they have similar features. :p

<3

Touchdown your dog is such a sweetie! ^_^ especially love the pic wrapped up in a blanket (scarf?)

Yes I don't see why not! :O Umm...
This is it! o_____o!

Now that everything is done, I'm having my producer over for dinner tomorrow night to finalize those details! I can't imagine it being more than a couple weeks now! :') <3

WOW amazing cover BB!!! I've missed you my handsome British Columbia friend <333

WOW amazing cover BB!!! I've missed you my handsome British Columbia friend <333
Ahhhhh Alex!!! Thank you!!! <3

I missed you too, Mr. Fellow Handsome Canadian <3333!

Ahh awesome, that's so great. Excited for you! Keep us updated and stuff :)

Ahh thank you so much!! :) I can still hardly believe it..!! I couldn't remain calm when I got my final masters, and again when I got my final album cover LOL!!

I will definitely keep you posted <3

Vazduh

I hope Grizzo is still around here somewhere, because I've created this 8tracks playlist with him in mind, actually. I know this is cheating a bit since he asked about favorite summery albums, but these tracks have defined previous few summers for me, so that's why I made a playlist.

I hope any of you looking for something summery will enjoy listening to it.

Here's one of the tracks I selected:

Kelli Ali - Here Comes The Summer

Btw, I'm glad to hear that BlueBadger finished his EP :) Welcome back, BB!

Mau ®

BOOM CLAP
THE SOUND OF MY HEART
THE BEAT GOES ON AND ON AND ON AND ON
BOOM CLAP
YOU MAKE ME FEEL GOOD
COME ON TO ME, COME ON TO ME NOW

So is Sia's "1000 Forms Of Fear" the best pop album of 2014 so far?

More importantly, will Taylor, Madonna, Christina or Rihanna snatch it away?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Christina? Isn't she up the duff? Surely she wouldn't release while heavily pregnant/just given birth?

Aww thanks bb!! I missed you!

Honestly I've really really loooooooooved this album. So catchy. And I was pretty moved by it. I think thus far it might be my recent favorite so far o_o!

Fair Game, Chandelier, Straight For The Knife, Animal. <3

And Christina I'm pretty sure was aiming for a winter 2014 release but that was before she decided to become a true lover of pregnancy. Who knows with that one tbh

Fair Game, Chandelier, Straight For The Knife, Animal. <3

You're literally in my brain. Those are my favorite tracks too!! <333!! I also add Elastic Heart in there as well, actually :3!

Figuring out a decent way to cover Chandelier on Facebook o___o. I put a small snippet of me singing it on Instagram and it was pretty well-received o____o!

Vitanimus

In terms of pop I would probably have to say Ultraviolence is my fav 2014 release so far. Going into more experimental territory it would almost definitely be St Vincent.

Sorry, but when they compared Rescue Him to a Justin Timberlake song I threw the entire review in the trash.

The entire review is garbage, but that paragraph barred me from even taking it seriously.

I think the point about her overstuffing the songs is valid. Love In High Places is a good example, IMO. She has an idea for the song, but it all goes out of whack after the second chorus. It loses all of its beautiful restraint in favor of some messy guitar solo that plays until the song is over.

I'm not saying you can't incorporate multiple ideas, but they have to mesh well and be concise, like 90s Music.

Yado

If LP1 isn't your favourite album of the year then it's time to do some soul searching. Figure out where things went wrong.

ipPqYzK1W085l.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom