• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Oh, right. I guess since I can't count Jojo (sigh), it'll have to be Mariah's. Don't let it go to your head, Touchdown. She's still a disappointment live!

YAAAASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i3S7BfwYvyJJl.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
This is a new look for Mariah.

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

thanks Aguila spit my lime water all over my screen X___X

6-month-ago Alex would have laughed at the very idea, but here I am, stating Ultraviolence as the best album of 2014 so far <3

Of course that won't matter when Madonna drops lucky 13 Unapologetic Bitch and all your faves will be running for their lives, follicle free

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
WTFFFFF so Latch by Sam Smith was from 2013? I thought was a 2014 release, I only discovered it a week or two ago and LOVE it.......

I am so ready to add a male fave to my list (usually don't like male singers with the exception of BlueBadger of course <333) and Sam Smith has a song I love with Latch and is very good looking
cuz that part's important lol ;)
, BUT I've checked out his other songs and they suuuuuuuuuuuck. Was Latch a fluke? :(

*sigh*

royalan

I'm kinda done with Sam Smith.

He seems like the new Emili Sande--so overhyped by the indie community that he'll peak and fizzle before anything actually happens.

thanks Aguila spit my lime water all over my screen X___X

6-month-ago Alex would have laughed at the very idea, but here I am, stating Ultraviolence as the best album of 2014 so far <3

Of course that won't matter when Madonna drops lucky 13 Unapologetic Bitch and all your faves will be running for their lives, follicle free

please tell me that's not really what she's calling her next album

enigmatic_alex44

please tell me that's not really what she's calling her next album

I don't honestly think she is, but she's been using #RebelHeart and #UnapologeticBitch on her Facebook page for quite a while now....

Maybe she'll call it Confessions on a Dancefloor part 2! (I can dream, can't I?)

Yes! Check out their collabs with Mary J Blige and AlunaGeorge specifically.

ah thanks Aguila hun I will! :D

Latch

Want to fit that slice, want to see that spice simmer
She want it with that white nigga
Peachy-pinky-piped nigga
Be's what it be's "little breeze by the sea" -AZ been about that life, nigga
Tits out with your wife, nigga
I'm bringing out the dyke in her
XOXO fine, scissor sister, 69 whip that

I get it when I get that
I spend it when I whip that

Yass, Azeelzebub
come thru!

iI0lX1pc8GaRw.gif

Want to fit that slice, want to see that spice simmer
She want it with that white nigga
Peachy-pinky-piped nigga
Be's what it be's "little breeze by the sea" -AZ been about that life, nigga
Tits out with your wife, nigga
I'm bringing out the dyke in her
XOXO fine, scissor sister, 69 whip that

I get it when I get that
I spend it when I whip that

Yass, Azeelzebub
come thru!

iI0lX1pc8GaRw.gif

OMG YAAAAS! That's my part. I get my life every time.

She like my new talk
My new style, my new walk
This new whore
Open her mouth and I'll bruise jaws
Like ooooh awe, really like
Who her I'm a true star, this butch broad got blue balls
Hard pressed cause I took off, I'm farm fresh from New York

iI0lX1pc8GaRw.gif

royalan

But didn't you stan Miley for the same reason? :eek:

And ain't that sad? That Miley comes off more authentic dabbiling in hood culture than Beyonce?

I mean, both are girls who grew up affluent and don't actually know shit about the hood. One's white. The other wants to be white.

Shame.

Aguila

#ICONIC
It's Thursday :^)

GncOXX1.png

8b8PGV5.png

I thought this album was great. It's definitely a classic. The production is tight and cohesive; it harkens back to the jazz/blues eras that I know little about but love the sound of.

I think what really makes the album, though, is Amy's voice. I love it.
ebf69f50.gif

Its weighty and has a texture that compliments this style of music so well. Gags simply cannot compete with ha high nasally voice; stop trying it sis.

As for my fave songs: Rehab, You Know I'm No Good, Me & Mr. Jones, Back To Black (my top fave), Love Is A Losing Game (the first half of the album is pretty strong)

The duds (or songs that may or may not grow on me, idk): Just Friends and Tears Dry On Their Own

And ain't that sad? That Miley comes off more authentic dabbiling in hood culture than Beyonce?

I mean, both are girls who grew up affluent and don't actually know shit about the hood. One's white. The other wants to be white.

Shame.

Can you not project your issues onto Beyonce?

:(

Haven't heard anything of the Canadian icon
msn-emotions-mapleleaf.gif
in quite a while
Let me go listen to my favorite Celine song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvz_gW5C2cY
Stop being pressed at Beyonce and listen to the superior version of I Drove All Night.

It's Thursday :^)
As for my fave songs: Rehab, You Know I'm No Good, Me & Mr. Jones, Back To Black (my top fave), Love Is A Losing Game (the first half of the album is pretty strong)

The duds (or songs that may or may not grow on me, idk): Just Friends and Tears Dry On Their Own

Frank is better, and your dud songs are wrong. Rehab is overplayed trash.

Latch

Shame.

Girl, Beyonce and her family had a big house,
but she stayed here in Houston

RIGHT down the street from the Cuney Homes and the Frenchy's on Scott
there's no way she didn't associate with kids who went to Yates and stayed deep in 3rd ward

Mau ®;125470475 said:
Disclosure's best song is Help Me Lose My Mind tho.

Yep. Bless London Grammar. &#128525; Disclosure + LG need to make more songs together in the future.

Second fav song by them is January then What's In Your Head.

royalan

Why would you?
You don't even know the area.

iPx7W5abEh0kj.gif

Still doesn't change the fact that she grew up affluent and semi-wealthy.

That her big house was located down the street from the hood doesn't mean she has undeniable ties to the hood.

Bel Air's only a stone's throw from Central LA.

iPx7W5abEh0kj.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Mau ®;125470475 said:
Disclosure's best song is Help Me Lose My Mind tho.

WOOOOW this one's amazing! <3

Yep. Bless London Grammar. &#128525; Disclosure + LG need to make more songs together in the future.

Second fav song by them is January then What's In Your Head.

January is a bop, but make sure you let the definitive version in.

Oh damn these are nice too!
Kiesza's got some competition, Disclosure may be my new favorite discovery of 2014 :D
So many new songs to add to my playlist, I'm drowning in great new music, must come up for air! ^___^

tumblr_n7dbxqzc751sd26u9o1_500.gif

The Golden Echo is so damn good. I've been listening to it on rihpeat all night.

The second half of the album has all the standout tracks for me. (#7-12) though I like Carolina and Goldmine.

Madhouse, Everlovin Ya, As You Are, Love In High Places, Waltz Me To The Grave &#128076; my favs

January is a bop, but make sure you let the definitive version in.

This remix is pretty cool but I like the original one better.

enigmatic_alex44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom