• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
True JLo does work hard I'll give her credit. I remember liking in 2000 when she had some legit smashes (Play and Waiting for Tonight remain bops) but she dropped off rather sharply. I wish she'd detach herself from that horrible Pitbull his stench is all over her career at this point =/

So most of y'all prob don't like DeadMau5, but I legit thought this was a Sia song for WEEKS before finding out it had nothing to do with her. I'm so thankful that's not the case as I no longer have to picture her singing it now :) :) :) Check it out:

Seeya ft. Colleen D'Agostino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuqbJ5BcQLw

WTFFFFF so Latch by Sam Smith was from 2013? I thought was a 2014 release, I only discovered it a week or two ago and LOVE it.......

I am so ready to add a male fave to my list (usually don't like male singers with the exception of BlueBadger of course <333) and Sam Smith has a song I love with Latch and is very good looking
cuz that part's important lol ;)
, BUT I've checked out his other songs and they suuuuuuuuuuuck. Was Latch a fluke? :(

*sigh*

Wahhhhhh I'm honored to be on your short list :')! <333

Nemesis_

I shazammed a song they were playing in some shitty boutique the other day and it was called "Troubeaux" by JLo.

iboPm97lOuY0qx.gif

GIRL what was she thinking.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Bless that Sia thread in OT, for it brought to me new Basement Jaxx!
600px-Junto.jpg

They've got a new album coming out in a week or so, but they've released a lot of tracks from it

01 Intro
02 Power to the People
03 Unicorn
04 Never Say Never
05 We Are Not Alone
06 What&#8217;s The News
07 Summer Dem
08 Buffalo
09 Rock This Road
10 Sneakin&#8217; Toronto
11 Something About You
12 Mermaid of Salinas
13 Love Is At Your Side

Bonus CD:
Galactical
Back 2 the Wild
What a Difference Your Love Makes

I am so happy, they slay so much
What a difference your love makes is such a damn happy tune, unicorn giving me Kiesza/Katy B teas, Mermaid is just like all their old party stuff. So so happy to have them back, seeing them in September too!

Added bonus a mash up they did that absolutely slays Gipsymen Vs Rock This Road

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Best debut song ever tbh

are we counting crazy in love as a debut because...

[edit] even if we aren't, sound of the underground...

[edit] mr bright side?

[edit] human behaviour?

[edit] i bet that you look good on the dance floor?

[edit] wuthering heights?

[edit] baby one more time?

[edit] 212?
8f70c6ea.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
IuLIWXQ.png

one of those alber debuts that bands are great at where it's so good that they can never match or top it

or, speaking of which, we could do Franz Ferdinand

I remember that Bloc Party album from a long time ago. I think I liked it. Then I heard one of the songs from their second album and I stopped paying attention.

Just Dance has aged atrociously tbh, I skip it on the blue moons when I listen to Gaga.

Went to a wedding last night, awful music on the whole, but they played Hateretha's 'I Say A Little Prayer For You' and it slayed me.

Also, album of the year is LP1, Tough Love or Little Red.
Skyline tho

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
are we counting crazy in love as a debut because...

[edit] even if we aren't, sound of the underground...

[edit] mr bright side?

[edit] human behaviour?

[edit] i bet that you look good on the dance floor?

[edit] wuthering heights?

[edit] baby one more time?

[edit] 212?
8f70c6ea.gif

Sound of the Underground comes closer than BOMT but no, Just Dance remains unbothered

Oh @ Mr Brightside being their debut, with Somebody Told Me from the same album. The decline is real

edit;alkvnjwleorj fwe
Just youtubed Just Dance because I wanted to watch the video and gags isnt even the top result, but someone 5* Timber on Just Dance 2014. It has 11m views what on earth

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
listening to just dance it's difficult to imagine it's the same artist that created venus

the falloff in quality is so stinging

cory64

Tbh I used Intimacy in high school. Doesn't compare to Silent Jesus tho. Banquet, Helicopter, This Modern Love >>>> your entire faves miserable discographies

I think this weekend I'm gonna make a thread dedicated to The Fame.

Yaaas. I remember listening to PokerFace and actually wondering whether Gaga was a man or a woman (an Xtine tea), since her name threw me. It had to be the gayest song I'd ever heard at that point. Then I remember reading the "Bullseye" section of Entertainment Weekly, where they usually have a gay write snobbish things about celebrities, and there was a blurb about Gaga that read:

"Baby Spice + Eurotrash - Talent = Lady Gaga"

Oh how she proved those fuckers wrong. The rest was, as they say, herstory.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Tbh I used Intimacy in high school. Doesn't compare to Silent Jesus tho. Banquet, Helicopter, This Modern Love >>>> your entire faves miserable discographies

halo and trojan horse were okay...

flux tho, that was a fucking BANGER OF ALL TIME

i was so gutted when a weekend in the city was so weak compared to flux. i only use(d) hunting for witches and the prayer.

cory64

halo and trojan horse were okay...

flux tho, that was a fucking BANGER OF ALL TIME

i was so gutted when a weekend in the city was so weak compared to flux. i only use(d) hunting for witches and the prayer.
flux shits, worked better as a bonus track on Intimacy anyway, esp. with Your Vista Are Getting Shorter

WITC is still better than the trash they've put out since Intimacy.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i would literally lose all of my shit if i was up in tha club and Flux came on

tbf everyone would

i'd kill for an adventure
just you and i in the curzon bar
dancing till we're new
so all that was left disappeared

when you shouted at me
i saw my father in the second grade
concerned and kind
yet unable to reach me

WE WERE HOPING
FOR SOME ROMANCE
ALL WE FOUND WAS
MORE DESPAIR

WE MUST TALK
ABOUT OUR PROBLEMS
WE ARE IN A
STATE OF FLUX

cory64

i would literally lose all of my shit if i was up in tha club and Flux came on

tbf everyone would

i'd kill for an adventure
just you and i in the curzon bar
dancing till we're new
so all that was left disappeared

when you shouted at me
i saw my father in the second grade
concerned and kind
yet unable to reach me

WE WERE HOPING
FOR SOME ROMANCE
ALL WE FOUND WAS
MORE DESPAIR

WE MUST TALK
ABOUT OUR PROBLEMS
WE ARE IN A
STATE OF FLUX
I think Flux was the first time I knew what gay heaven was like. My teenage self wasn't ready.

They're just reporting Bey/Rih Blow now? I saw it on ASCAP on Tuesday but I completely forgot about it.

It would make sense as to why Flawless isn't out yet if they're prepping a few remixes. What could come next? Flawless and Blow are probably the most hook-y, unless they do XO and/or Pretty Hurts. Eh.

Ella Henderson - Missed (album version)

Still a beautiful song. I didn't realise she'd also performed Five Tattoos acoustically, it sounds really good too. Chapter One will be solid.

What holds me back from anticipating Taylor Swift songs is that she's not a good singer, and I think that holds me back from embracing her in general. I don't like to feel like I could sing her songs better than her. Hence my aversion to Britney..

Rihanna's vocals are getting better with every release (even though her vocal peak was from GGGB) so I might start the process of becoming fan if the next album's really good, and I have a feeling that it will be.

What holds me back from anticipating Taylor Swift songs is that she's not a good singer, and I think that holds me back from embracing her in general. I don't like to feel like I could sing her songs better than her. Hence my aversion to Britney...

She's ok. Her voice really is getting better, though. There are plenty of tracks on Red that debut and Fearless Taylor wouldn't be capable of singing. State of Grace and All Too Well are probably the most obvious examples.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
On Thursday night, Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie Duhamel appeared on Chelsea Handler’s late night talk show, Chelsea Lately, to chit-chat about her new solo album and the "Think Pink" campaign.

The singer confirmed to Handler that these days she spends her time in the recording studio (surrounded by music executives) working on her upcoming solo album. Not divulging too much details, the pop star explains that her band B.E.P won’t be apart of the new project, but assure fans they will love the new music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEvUfqHmgyw

so delicious

tumblr_mg4stzbJ8L1qbu4f8o1_500.gif

What holds me back from anticipating Taylor Swift songs is that she's not a good singer, and I think that holds me back from embracing her in general. I don't like to feel like I could sing her songs better than her. Hence my aversion to Britney..

Rihanna's vocals are getting better with every release (even though her vocal peak was from GGGB) so I might start the process of becoming fan if the next album's really good, and I have a feeling that it will be.

I would have definitely agreed with you years ago!! :). But I do have to give credit to her because her voice has gotten significantly better live than it used to be! When I saw her last year at the Red tour I was actually impressed at how far her vocal had come! And in my mind I'm thinking (and hoping) that it'll just keep improving <3!

Touche on Swift. I know most pop stars get better over time (unless you're Mariah) so we'll see the improvement with the new album.

It makes me pretty sad whenever I sit and think about it ;___;. I'm a huuuuuuge fan.. And at her peak, her voice was unreal. But I guess wear and tear can be a tricky beast :(. She also admitted to having nodules since she was a kid so maybe they've hardened to a point where it gets difficult to sing efficiently. I don't think she's really bad live now or anything, but she definitely sounds tired :(!

Also. Fergie. Yas. YAAAAS. I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who was addicted to that album LOL

Vazduh

It makes me pretty sad whenever I sit and think about it ;___;. I'm a huuuuuuge fan.. And at her peak, her voice was unreal. But I guess wear and tear can be a tricky beast :(. She also admitted to having nodules since she was a kid so maybe they've hardened to a point where it gets difficult to sing efficiently. I don't think she's really bad live now or anything, but she definitely sounds tired :(!

3phemeral, Mumei, Leona Lewis and royalan talked about it in another thread, you might find it an interesting read :)

Oh, and btw, royalan, I have to say that I love your new avatar. Slay!

3phemeral, Mumei, Leona Lewis and royalan talked about it in another thread, you might find it an interesting read :)

Oh, and btw, royalan, I have to say that I love your new avatar. Slay!

I love that thread so much :D

Reading all this again reminds me of when I had surgery on my vocal cords X___X. So scary! ;_;

Obviously because of everything that happened, I know quite a bit about the vocal folds and their anatomy. But even still, once again, I find myself learning something new from one of Mumei's posts. <3 So incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom