• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
if it's not you
oh no
i won't do that

you'll have to wait for me
and that is that

tumblr_mk4enfSgi61qhc973o1_500.gif

slay gods

ten has been on repeat in my house for the last couple of days

Mau ®

I don't think we've ever discussed this dude but I was driving to a friend's wedding last night and the radio station had a special Robbie Williams program. Back in the day I only liked "Rock DJ" but now I was bopping to pretty much ALL the songs they were playing. I'll be sure to check out his stuff more. Really enjoyed it.

Speaking of Bangerz, I actually listened to it in full a few weeks ago.

Absolute trash apart from the singles. Shocking.

Candy by Robbie Williams is a great pop song. Gary Barlow his power.

Indeed.

'Tis a certified bop. It's a bit nursery rhyme-y which just helps drill it into your head more.

royalan

So, that thread in OT just reminded me that I haven't listened to MJ's Xscape yet.

I'm surprised by how good it is.

I was expecting cheap cash grab. But they actually put some effort into this.

It clocks 20/20 Experience.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Speaking of Bangerz, I actually listened to it in full a few weeks ago.

Absolute trash apart from the singles. Shocking.

Not a single lie detected
Magnify.gif

Miley fell off the radar too in like a minute, a cheap reductive attempt to be the new Lady Gaga. At least Gaga had her full 15 minutes.

Plus didn't Miley ride a massive hot dog @ her concert? A true artisté

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
SHE DID SHE DID!! I have a pic!! :D
because i went to the miley concert X___X

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That pic XD

Oh Badger I would never judge you for going to Miley's concert ;)
BTW BB I asked you a question about your EP a few pages back <3 not sure if you saw it.... *.*

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That pic XD

Oh Badger I would never judge you for going to Miley's concert ;)
BTW BB I asked you a question about your EP a few pages back <3 not sure if you saw it.... *.*

LOLLLL I KNOW!! I was actually in tears. I couldn't stop laughing :') HAHAHA!

You always know what to say, bb <3 <3

GASP!!!!! I think I missed it!!! I'M SO SORRY!! ;___; I'm really really really sorry!! Could you ask the question again..? <33

enigmatic_alex44

You always know what to say, bb <3 <3

haha well you know damn well you're one of my very favorite GAFFERS <333

GASP!!!!! I think I missed it!!! I'M SO SORRY!! ;___; I'm really really really sorry!! Could you ask the question again..? <33

Sure! I'm too lazy today to retype it so I'll just quote myself lol:

emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif
Bluebadger!
emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif

Since we're getting closer to you dropping 2014's top male EP, I've been curious. I know you've mentioned a digital release, but will there be a physical CD version for sale as well? Like will I be able to stroll into an HMV Canada and buy it?
or you come do a CD signing in Winnipeg ;)

To this day, I always pick up the physical version of my faves' albums <333 You'll be the next male singer I support BB! :) The last CD by a male artist I bought was James Durbin (from American Idol a few years back, really liked him and wish he would have won that year)

haha well you know damn well you're one of my very favorite GAFFERS <333

Sure! I'm too lazy today to retype it so I'll just quote myself lol:

The feeling is sooooo mutual bb!! <333

Oooh that's a good question!!

First off I want to thank you so much for having that much faith in me ;_____; it honestly means the world to me.
On to the heart of the matter! :O Most of the copies will be digital, but we do plan on making a couple hundred hard copies for gigs and things like that! But I'm not a hundred percent sure if we'd be selling those hard copies at CD stores only because... CD stores don't really exist anymore :(. Like.. There are no more HMV's here where I live o____o! Is there one where you live?! :O

Edit: I loved that season of Idol. That season, and season 11 <333. YAAAAS! Elise Testone from season 11 is my favorite singer of all time, actually :'). It's not pop music, but her album In This Life is unreal :3 :3!

enigmatic_alex44

The feeling is sooooo mutual bb!! <333

Oooh that's a good question!!

First off I want to thank you so much for having that much faith in me ;_____; it honestly means the world to me.
On to the heart of the matter! :O Most of the copies will be digital, but we do plan on making a couple hundred hard copies for gigs and things like that! But I'm not a hundred percent sure if we'd be selling those hard copies at CD stores only because... CD stores don't really exist anymore :(. Like.. There are no more HMV's here where I live o____o! Is there one where you live?! :O

If there's no physical I'll break my usual "no digital" rule just for you BB! ;)
(I had to break that rule for Dual Destinies too so it wouldn't be a first)

Surprisingly, there is an HMV near my home, and another downtown close to my office building where I work! Plus at least 2 more I know about in Winnipeg......I'm shocked they haven't closed down but they did scale down a bit, they no longer sell games

royalan

After season 2, my favorite is Rachel.

Followed by Cosima.

With Allison right behind her in 3rd. Really might be a tie actually.

If there's no physical I'll break my usual "no digital" rule just for you BB! ;)
(I had to break that rule for Dual Destinies too so it wouldn't be a first)

Surprisingly, there is an HMV near my home, and another downtown close to my office building where I work! Plus at least 2 more I know about in Winnipeg......I'm shocked they haven't closed down but they did scale down a bit, they no longer sell games
I can't believe how nice you are :')!!! That really means so much to me!
Also. Dual Destinies. YAAAAAAAAAASSSS. I'm cosplaying as Apollo at PAX in a couple weeks. I'm so excited :') :')!!!

Wow that's crazy!! All the HMV's in Vancouver have shut down! I'm sort of jealous! I love getting hard copy CD's as well ;___;!

Can you two get a room?
iYe4nr55n28pK.gif

:)
"Cocky Boys" in the bottom right. I'M HOWLING LOOOLLL <3

tmarques

Did Bangerz flop?

I don't think it's a flop per se, but I do think it's downhill for her going forward. Seems to me like she exhausted every trick in her book in a few months. My advice to her would be to do a Madonna circa 1986 and do a 180 instead of a Lady Gaga and rehash her schtick until she becomes a parody of herself. At least she'd have a chance of extending her career for another album or two.

cory64

I don't think it's a flop per se, but I do think it's downhill for her going forward. Seems to me like she exhausted every trick in her book in a few months. My advice to her would be to do a Madonna circa 1986 and do a 180 instead of a Lady Gaga and rehash her schtick until she becomes a parody of herself. At least she'd have a chance of extending her career for another album or two.
Unfortunately for Miley she's only been good lately with bops like TWENTY-THREE, so I don't see it for her going in any direction.

WANEGBT was actually really amazing, wasn't it?
52b0f867.gif
The ad libs
52b0f867.gif
The harmonization on the second chorus forward
52b0f867.gif
The indie record line
52b0f867.gif
The spoken word bridge
52b0f867.gif
The anthemic ending
52b0f867.gif

I'm not sure if Shake it Off will be able to clock it in terms of iconic-ness and quality.
52b0f867.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom