• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

WANEGBT was actually really amazing, wasn't it?
52b0f867.gif
The ad libs
52b0f867.gif
The harmonization on the second chorus forward
52b0f867.gif
The indie record line
52b0f867.gif
The spoken word bridge
52b0f867.gif
The anthemic ending
52b0f867.gif

I'm not sure if Shake it Off will be able to clock it in terms of iconic-ness and quality.
52b0f867.gif

yes
52b0f867.gif
it was truly the first time I let the Lord into my life and accept her gospel

I think godel described it pretty well with it being a 100% pure summer jam that EVERYONE was singing along to, it was cute

Partition

Banned
now sis you know this is a reach

not entirely. Miley, her reign, began with the 2013 VMAS in August, and ended when Wrecking Ball fell off the charts by the end of December..... or in other words, 5 months.

Gaga was pretty much the #1 bitch from her debut in 2008, to Born This Way the single in early 2011.

Vitanimus

not entirely. Miley, her reign, began with the 2013 VMAS in August, and ended when Wrecking Ball fell off the charts by the end of October..... or in other words, 3 months.

Gaga was pretty much the #1 bitch from her debut in 2008, to Born This Way the single in early 2011.

oh I know, I'm more confused with how Miley is even comparable to Gaga tho in terms of musical style or presentation

I miss TFM Gaga

Partition

Banned
oh I know, I'm more confused with how Miley is even comparable to Gaga tho in terms of musical style or presentation

I miss TFM Gaga

I miss TFM Gaga in terms of her style and eloquence. Easily her best era in a visual and fashion sense.

But I don't miss the music, and I think ARTPOP is her attempt at making that kind of music again. She needs to move on and try a new sound entirely.

tmarques

Mau ®;125850653 said:
Lady Gaga has arrived to the Land of Nem
Australia FYI

I have a feeling at least some of the people designing stuff for her are secretly laughing behind her back a la The Emperor's Clothes. "Let's see what I can get the fool to wear now..."

tmarques

Meanwhile, Madonna looked fantastic at her birthday bash.

screen-shot-2014-08-17-at-34417-pm__oPt.jpg

I'll be the first to smh when she looks bad (The Grammys, dear God), but she looks unbelievable here. Seems like whatever she had done to her face has settled and she's looking like herself again. And hopefully she'll finally get rid of the haircut she's been sporting for the past several months, it just ages her.

Those clothes are fine, her hair and makeup aren't

Well, I guess. I just don't think that's a very flattering shape for any woman, especially a 5-foot-tall woman. She looks like Humpty Dumpty.

Well sistren, Latin Grammy winner Legendtina has given birth to her babytina today(guilera).

Now that Maxine has been exported, Mother X can now bless us with the follow up to her last alber, Back to Basics. Can you believe it's been 8 years since a studio release? May her next musical fissure have mercy on your faves and not cause too much of a F.U.S.S. among the lessors and the wig-less.

I'm sure she is relaxing now, feeling validated that she has tied with Miss Spears in yet another competitive category (offspring quantity). The next frontier: Sales!

Mau ®

Rihanna's UNIVERSAL appeal has been CONFIRMED. Rihanna is the most listened artist by females overall and the first female to pop in the top 10 of what males listen to.

A recent study involving a sample of over 200 thousand user's listening data reveals what artists are people listening to. More importantly, the study delves deeper into which artists are able to attract both genders and which ones are more gender-specific than others.

Interesting finds are that artists like Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake and Rihanna highly appeal to both genders, while other artists like Eminem & Britney Spears have a more gender specific appeal.

lcCWjfh.png

Seethe at her UNIVERSAL-ness.

Mau ®

Bruno mars is the most well liked artist overall, with Rih second. People do love him. Everyone wants to go to his show here.

Mau ®;125862152 said:

This is super interesting, it's funny that the entire right column doesn't appeal to me though.

Also, interesting (and predictable) that almost half of the female list is men, whereas only three women make up the list for males. Dudes love dudes apparently.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Madonna looked GORGEOUS at her birthday bash :*) She has not lost her touch <3

I can't believe how nice you are :')!!! That really means so much to me!
Also. Dual Destinies. YAAAAAAAAAASSSS. I'm cosplaying as Apollo at PAX in a couple weeks. I'm so excited :') :')!!!

Haha nice! ;) Oh and don't forget BB only less than two weeks until 3DS GAME OF THE YEAR Layton Vs. Ace Attorney comes out!!!!! yaaaassssss
excited.gif
excited.gif
excited.gif

I miss TFM Gaga

Not so much in the musical style, but in the "shock factor" that she tried and failed to emulate

She does have absent eyes. Like a shark.

I know, right? Eyes like a Shark and a Snake for a brother.
#GoGrandeOrGoHome
Home would be nice Frankie, BYE

Haha nice! ;) Oh and don't forget BB only less than two weeks until 3DS GAME OF THE YEAR Layton Vs. Ace Attorney comes out!!!!! yaaaassssss
excited.gif
excited.gif
excited.gif

YYYYAAAAAASSSSSSS!!! I have my preorder receipt in my wallet :') I'm going to cry so hard when it's in my hand tbh <33!! I'm so excited!!!

I posted this in GayGAF a little while ago because it was requested, but I said I'd post it in here too when I built up the courage LOL!! Two small unlisted snippets of me playing some of my EP X__X. It's super darn close to release now so I decided it would be okay o_o!

Dance tune
Ballad
I hope you enjoy the little bits that you hear! But if you don't that's okay too!! I won't mind :) Pop music is pretty polarizing, after all!

Also I've got a really bad cold and haven't really gotten out of bed today, so I'm sorry that I look like a bag of smashed assholes o___o

Also try to keep these links in here for now if possible :3!

Wah. x_X

YYYYAAAAAASSSSSSS!!! I have my preorder receipt in my wallet :') I'm going to cry so hard when it's in my hand tbh <33!! I'm so excited!!!

I posted this in GayGAF a little while ago because it was requested, but I said I'd post it in here too when I built up the courage LOL!! Two small unlisted snippets of me playing some of my EP X__X. It's super darn close to release now so I decided it would be okay o_o!

Dance tune
Ballad
I hope you enjoy the little bits that you hear! But if you don't that's okay too!! I won't mind :) Pop music is pretty polarizing, after all!

Also I've got a really bad cold and haven't really gotten out of bed today, so I'm sorry that I look like a bag of smashed assholes o___o

Wah. x_X

Wtf Stephen who wouldn't like these they're amazing

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.

I know!!!!!!!! my preorder slip's burning a hole in my wallet as we speak! I thought it was coming out this Tuesday but I got the release mixed up with Tales of Xillia 2 ;_____;

Dance tune
Ballad

Wah. x_X

OMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Badger thank you so much for sharing this :) I LOVE it! Can't wait for the full EP!

Step aside Kiesza and Disclosure, Stephen's giving you a run for your money for my new fave discovery of 2014 ;)

"A bag of smashed assholes" LOL

LMFAO I didn't even catch that the first time, thought this was about Ariana! XD
No need to be humble now BB ;D

B-Dex

Speaking of Canadian Content. The first edition of my bi-weekly/monthly Canadian Pop Encyclopedia is coming.

Has your fav ever had a Global Luxury Brand remix their track?

enigmatic_alex44

Mau ®;125892431 said:
Girl bye. She doesn't lip-sync. She uses a backing track.

If she lipped, you'd know.

Mau I love your Rih dedication, it's the same way I feel about Madonna and Gaga <3

Rihanna never stood out to me as someone who lip synchs and I've never heard stories of it happening like with many others like the one who can't sing live to save her life Katy Perry or that horrendous flop Assley Simpson

I already love Rih's look, her fashion sense, her social media savvy, and the fact that she's completely distanced herself from Fist Brown, all I need now to become a fan is good music from her. I'm going to be checking out R8 to make my decision!
or that playlist if I ever get it :p

Wtf Stephen who wouldn't like these they're amazing

I know!!!!!!!! my preorder slip's burning a hole in my wallet as we speak! I thought it was coming out this Tuesday but I got the release mixed up with Tales of Xillia 2 ;_____;

OMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Badger thank you so much for sharing this :) I LOVE it! Can't wait for the full EP!

Step aside Kiesza and Disclosure, Stephen's giving you a run for your money for my new fave discovery of 2014 ;)

LMFAO I didn't even catch that the first time, thought this was about Ariana! XD
No need to be humble now BB ;D
Wahhhhhh thank you so much guys!!! Thank you for taking the time to listen <3 I was sooooo nervous to show more people o_____o!
"A bag of smashed assholes" LOL
LOLLLL I'm glad someone caught that <3

enigmatic_alex44

She looked damn fine too, I will Stan. She actually sang Dido's part of Stan with Eminem. Was beautiful.

If she lip-synched she is flawless at it.

Dido? Now there's a blast from the past! I still have the physical releases of her solo music, some good stuff in there. Whatever happened to her, it's like she just dropped off the face of the Earth *.*

Wahhhhhh thank you so much guys!!! Thank you for taking the time to listen <3 I was sooooo nervous to show more people o_____o!

I know it can be nerve-wracking to put yourself out there like that and face criticism but you have no reason to be nervous BB you have an amazing voice! Believe me I have flawless taste so I know what I'm talking about ;)
I will of course respect your wishes and not share the link on my Facebook but if I were you I'd share it with as many people as I could! GET that promo ;)

Dido? Now there's a blast from the past! I still have the physical releases of her solo music, some good stuff in there. Whatever happened to her, it's like she just dropped off the face of the Earth *.*

I know it can be nerve-wracking to put yourself out there like that and face criticism but you have no reason to be nervous BB you have an amazing voice! Believe me I have flawless taste so I know what I'm talking about ;)
I will of course respect your wishes and not share the link on my Facebook but if I were you I'd share it with as many people as I could! GET that promo ;)
You're always so kind to me!! <3333 thank you so much!! I definitely plan to promo as much as I possibly can when it's released!! I'm so glad you liked it!!
The ballad is giving me crying for no reason teas.
Wait mine?!?! O___O!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom