• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Oop here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49MAbLx086k

watch

iCBLKQq7cYbLM.gif

btw, The Golden Echo is really v good, I highly recommend it. I liked its energy, quite a bit different to most of this year's other high quality releases which have leant towards the slower side. Fave tracks were probably Goldmine, Miracle and 90s Music but will be listening again tonight

ju9hxXR3t6D5O.png

Queen E coming to take over America, prepare yourselves.

Sistren.

Today is the 56th birthday of the forever QUEEN OF POP

Madonna.

That megamix should be used every time someone talks shit about Madonna. Aside from the shitty Like A Prayer and Evita era, Madonna is consistent in her slayage. I can't even be mad when folks are pressed at her anymore. Madonna casts a large shadow, and these current girls just don't have it. If she wasn't a woman, she'd be my #1 fave. Did you see how she turned ICONIC when she got a production budget? The vids from Express Yourself through Rain are just stunning.
Happy Birthday Queen!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
revisiting remixes that punch chapter 2849507

the extended mix of Get Outta My Way

ibwvLvm9uFgnpn.gif

Kylies best tbh

That megamix should be used every time someone talks shit about Madonna. Aside from the shitty Like A Prayer and Evita era, Madonna is consistent in her slayage. I can't even be mad when folks are pressed at her anymore. Madonna casts a large shadow, and these current girls just don't have it. If she wasn't a woman, she'd be my #1 fave. Did you see how she turned ICONIC when she got a production budget? The vids from Express Yourself through Rain are just stunning.

Happy Birthday Queen!

Erm why though

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Sistren.

Today is the 56th birthday of the forever QUEEN OF POP

Madonna.

AHHH you beat me to it! :p

She really is the reigning QUEEN OF MUSIC, we'll never see another Madonna in our lifetime. Even my other faves (Gaga, Kylie, Sade etc.....) just do not compare, Madonna is my true #1, I love her so much <3

Nobody comes close to her in quality AND quantity of discography, incredible collection of music videos (she's a visual artistic genius) and nobody puts on an amazing tour like my girl M. I know Hard Candy and MDNA is maligned by POPGAF (I personally love them) but you cannot deny that the Sticky'n'Sweet and MDNA tours are incredible. I don't get to see her live as she doesn't come around to my parts of Canada but I do always buy the blu-rays. The level of professionalism and the amazing stage show/visual design, paired with a woman in her mid-50's putting on a 2 hour show with more stamina than all of today's pop girls put together, I just.......And she may not be a "powerhouse" singer but she doesn't need to be, she's always had one of the loveliest and prettiest voices I've ever heard, such a gorgeous tone :*)

Happy Birthday Madge <33333

pybirthday.jpg

Speaking of Get Outta My Way, the Yasutaka Nakata remix of that song is absolutely everything; such a shame the Into the Blue mix was kinda disappointing in comparison. (Just like the entirety of KMO tbh)

Meanwhile, as for Madonna, no matter what you think of her present (average) output, you can't deny what she has done for pop. Such a shame that twenty years ago she was singing a song penned by Bjork and now it's going to be a song penned by Eyebrows and/or Diplopoda.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
that thread is giving me too much feels especially angry ones

cuz who would have thought all that flawless would turn to this

normal_002.JPG
normal_002.jpg

and that was just like in the last 2 days

ciara.jpg

that thread is giving me too much feels especially angry ones

cuz who would have thought all that flawless would turn to this

normal_002.JPG
normal_002.jpg

and that was just like in the last 2 days

ciara.jpg

lady_gaga_spray_tan.jpg

From era one. Why you actin like she's just now wearing shitty pieces. She will literally wear ANYTHING a designer gives her. lol

So sad that it took mediocre sales to kill it for some stans, it's as if the music is the lowest on the priority scale. Even if the music isn't as good (which it isn't), that hardly seems to be the culprit here. I always wonder what the stan reaction to Gags would be if ARTPOP sold in line with Born This Way's numbers though. Probably wouldn't be much a peep about the quality of the music or era so much as a chorus of "YAAAAS MAMA" at every turn. Poor Gaga. :/

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
please gurl that pic you posted still goes with the Fame theme, overtanned rich blonde
but I guess the pics I posted also go with ARTPOP, embarrassing

and its as if you didnt live through the ARTPOP era. Lets forget the sales and remember all the mess that happened from no DWUW/Venus video to questionable promises to long breaks caused by depression due "to the pressured caused by not topping Katy"

it aint the same girl who had it compacted and on POINT
by I guess thats what happens when you just take advice from Marina Abramovi&#263; instead of a therapist
ciara.jpg

as for the music I still rate ARTPOP >= The Fame

royalan

I agree that ARTPOP is among some of Gaga's best stuff, including the untouchable The Fame.

...it's just literally EVERYTHING ELSE that was a mess.

Koodo

Banned
lol

(a) ironic that someone who puts so much emphasis on what surrounds the album is staining for the filth given what has permeated the area. Simply vomit, both figuratively and literally.

(b) the fact that the fleet of thirsty bitches who would otherwise love to clock the former stans for jumping the wagon are steering clear of the biohazard level 4 vomit is proof enough of how REVOLTING the whole charade has been. Everyone understands this thing is over for good and anyone standing in its puddle of waste might as well go into quarantine before the delusion goes airborne and causes a pandemic.

Hazmat yourself.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i literally can't believe some people are still in denial about how shit artpop is musically compared with her previous eras

jZ2C2sn.png

be educated: the reason her sales DIVED is because her quality DIVED

pretending that everyone went off her after her sales collapsed is MADNESS and DELUSION. people went off her because ARTPOP is a turd.

lol

(a) ironic that someone who puts so much emphasis on what surrounds the album is staining for the filth given what has permeated the area. Simply vomit, both figuratively and literally.

(b) the fact that the fleet of thirsty bitches who would otherwise love to clock the former stans for jumping the wagon are steering clear of the biohazard level 4 vomit is proof enough of how REVOLTING the whole charade has been. Everyone understands this thing is over for good and anyone standing in its puddle of waste might as well go into quarantine before the delusion goes airborne and causes a pandemic.

Hazmat yourself.
iTz7vMKz2uQTo.gif

Sydle

lol

Hazmat yourself.

I liked you better when you were supportive...

Can we talk about G.U.Y. being perfect tho?

Let me be the gay under you that makes you cry

I haven't fully cemented my thoughts about ARTPOP in relation to God's body of work, but with Dope growing on me and my distaste towards the studio version of Swine diminishing, I can say there's not a single song on this album I dislike.

o and MANiCURE studio is much better than the live version. The Gwen Stefanesque can you feel it punches hard.

I had a moment with Fashion! while walking to work today.

I'm not sure what my fave song is anymore.

Where is my damn pre-sale code.

Gaga pls

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
i literally can't believe some people are still in denial about how shit artpop is musically compared with her previous eras

jZ2C2sn.png

be educated: the reason her sales DIVED is because her quality DIVED

Born This Way > The Fame Monster > Artpop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Fame

I liked you better when you were supportive...

SCREAMING!!!!!!!!! Expose ha!

lol

Hazmat yourself.

Lol hush you. Your entire online existence is a CHARADE since you drive thru every pop stanhouse just to pick up a burrito and leave. Given that I assumed you stanned for Gaga for her MUSIC and given that I haven't heard much disdain about ARTPOP's music from you the takeaway here is that you're no longer a fan because there are others who are no longer fans. This sociological codependence so many (former) monsters bend over for is endlessly humorous and will be an especially validating moment for me once Lady Gaga inevitably makes a song that people will love en masse. It is inevitable because she is still, in fact, one of the most famous and obsessed over people in the world and the odds of this happening are thus OBVIOUSLY favorable. It will be validating not because I care so much about her making a song that everyone loves (I listen for me, after all), but because I will watch every single one of you queens drive your cars back up to the Haus drive thru to renew your membership cards. Until then please continue to assert that her career is over (while saying that ARTPOP is one of her better albums; mess) all while you commit to Ariana BelGrande with that Elmer glued on ponytail all because she has songs on the radio that Walmart employees like to twerk to in their rooms while impressing molesters on Chatroulette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom