• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

BvRjNy_CAAAvNZZ.jpg

Less than 12 hours until slayage.

ibs5OwyCtemKel.gif

Vazduh

Speaking of Canadian Content. The first edition of my bi-weekly/monthly Canadian Pop Encyclopedia is coming.

Has your fav ever had a Global Luxury Brand remix their track?

Yesssssssss, perched for this <3

Will you also include Canadian flops
?

Wait mine?!?! O___O!

I agree with Booty, it really did sound a bit like that Katy B song, very nice. Btw, sis, why did you remove the videos? I saw some dislikes, but I hope you didn't remove the clips because of those.

Lady Gaga doing the ice bucket challenge >>>>>

Giving me socially conscious gothic high priestess. Even the "bucket" is fabulous. And her boss bitch non-reaction too. This woman is everything <3

That list brings up a good question: Would you guys rank Drunk In Power higher than We Found Love (In a Hopeless Fave) too?

Also, does anyone know if MTV will be doing a livestream of the VMAs this year? They have to know that most Twitter junkies don't have cable. :/

Lady Gaga hopping on yet another trend trying to prove she lives in the present &#55357;&#56904;&#55357;&#56905;&#55357;&#56906;

Hey be nice, your fave is already releasing a song today. I have to endure a non-solo album and then nothing for at least a year. :(

I'll perch for your fave's output though. I might give Red another listen too. :p

so is artpop 2 still a thing or nah?

It's apparently finished but she's not rushing to release it if at all. She suggested that she'd release it after her tour was over or during the tour so that the setlist can grow but we haven't heard a peep about it. She should just release it as a 5 song EP or something and just call it a day. Or (preferably) call this era for what it is and just shut it down.

Or she should just PM me the songs coz that's all I really care about

Yesssssssss, perched for this <3

Will you also include Canadian flops
?
LOLLLLL! Those two are both from my city! :p I've actually met Elise. Who knows, I might be next on that list :S haha!

I agree with Booty, it really did sound a bit like that Katy B song, very nice. Btw, sis, why did you remove the videos? I saw some dislikes, but I hope you didn't remove the clips because of those.

Haha yeah the dislikes were climbing a bit so I decided to take them down for now.. :)

PS I love that song sis <3 Thanks for the kind words!!

SaintZ

Stay Low is slowly becoming my favorite song from Ryn Weaver. :eek:
YAAAAAAS, I love the song. Queen of Pop tbh.
Haha yeah the dislikes were climbing a bit so I decided to take them down for now.
Sis... are you sure you chose the the ideal career path? I mean, you're releasing an EP and all your hard work is going to be reviewed/criticized by anyone who listens to it. If you took them down because of a couple of dislikes, I'm scared to think what's gonna happen after your music is released to the public. Just look at this thread, we drag ANYONE for the littlest thing. Criticism and haters are always going to be there so I hope you're ready to endure them.
I liked the snippets.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
That list brings up a good question: Would you guys rank Drunk In Power higher than We Found Love (In a Hopeless Fave) too?

Also, does anyone know if MTV will be doing a livestream of the VMAs this year? They have to know that most Twitter junkies don't have cable. :/
I would. We Found Love was okay but I don't think it's the best from that alber even.
so is artpop 2 still a thing or nah?
Presumably if it does exist she won't be squeezing it out before she finishes her tour?

She should do a Fame Monster instead of a full alber tho. Pick the 8 best tracks and polish them.

cory64

But didn't she spend extra time on ARTPOP only for half the tracks to end up being glorified remixes of the producers' previous work? I don't think her polishing process works.

But didn't she spend extra time on ARTPOP only for half the tracks to end up being glorified remixes of the producers' previous work? I don't think her polishing process works.

That's why she shouldn't be working with DJs. She needs to get back with Garibay and RedOne where the production and melody can actually work together. And as far as I know, 3 of the 15 have productions that were carbon copied from a DJ's previous work. And that's 3 too many tbh.

Bladenic

That's why she shouldn't be working with DJs. She needs to get back with Garibay and RedOne where the production and melody can actually work together.

Ew not RedOne. Their songs are iconic but he seems to have lost any and all talent, unless Gaga could bring him back from the depths (unlikely given her situation).

Ew not RedOne. Their songs are iconic but he seems to have lost any and all talent, unless Gaga could bring him back from the depths (unlikely given her situation).

Though you can't deny that RedOne's output went downhill right after The Fame Monster (it's bound to happen when you're demoted from Gaga to J-Lo and Minaj), and people say the same as Gags. Get them together and they can help each other out. :p

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I refuse to believe that she spent more than 10 minutes polishing ARTPOP. I mean Swine is the aural equivalent of accidentally copying-pasting an entire paragraph in an essay. I assume there was supposed to be more verses and choruses in there but the middle 8 accidentally got looped twelve extra times without anybody noticing.

YAAAAAAS, I love the song. Queen of Pop tbh.

Sis... are you sure you chose the the ideal career path? I mean, you're releasing an EP and all your hard work is going to be reviewed/criticized by anyone who listens to it. If you took them down because of a couple of dislikes, I'm scared to think what's gonna happen after your music is released to the public. Just look at this thread, we drag ANYONE for the littlest thing. Criticism and haters are always going to be there so I hope you're ready to endure them.
I liked the snippets.

Haha no no it's okay. I'm totally fine with a little hate :p it keeps things interesting. I just wanted to erase any potential of other people outside of here getting the link (and seeing the number of dislikes before official release) for now. I've been working towards this since I was little :3 I know exactly what's coming! I do appreciate your concern though, of course <3
and thank you :D

Vazduh

I keep replaying Charli's song, haalp

kgSHSAp.gif

Usually I would have agreed with this statement, but the EP he produced for
Austin Mahone
was actually really good and sounded much different than his usual stuff. RedOne's still got it, but it depends on the artist he works with.

Vitanimus

BOYS AND GIRLS ACROSS THE WORLD
PUTTING ON OUR DANCING SHOES
GOING TO THE DISCOTHEQUE
GETTING HIGH AND GETTING WRECKED
I DON'T WANNA GO TO SCHOOL
I JUST WANNA BREAK THE RULES
GOING TO THE DISCOTHEQUE
GOING TO THE DISCOTHEQUE

yassr9zkqh5uyk.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Break The Rules is too much

Even if the only good songs on Sucker are Boom Clap, SuperLove and Break the Rules it would be in the top 5 Albers of the year

But it's not. It's going to slay.

Your faves are done. Finished. Charlisus has scalped them and left their ragged wigs in the street.

Vitanimus

Break The Rules is too much

Even if the only good songs on Sucker are Boom Clap, SuperLove and Break the Rules it would be in the top 5 Albers of the year

But it's not. It's going to slay.

Your faves are done. Finished. Charlisus has scalped them and left their ragged wigs in the street.

preach, don't forget Boom Clap(back your faves) and maybe even Fancy as a bonus track
310230f4.gif

oh and album artwork too

Yp9ffe8pVtI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom