• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Preordered the deluxe of 1989. It's 19 songs (!) so that's basically 6 more songs than the normal edition. It better be more than "country" demos of album tracks of 1989 and/or live versions. New songs only please.

Oh it's basically like 30 bucks here. It is expensive but the Lord is worth it.

royalan

Mau ®;126041318 said:
I'm LOLing at the fact that people are complaining Tay looks "awkward" on the SIO video when that's the whole intent of it.

I don't think anybody missed it.

How could you with Taylor "shaking her fanny" in a ballerina outfit?

It's still try-hard.

Just got home from work and watched the video.

That's it. Your faves are done. They might as well not release anything this year, because it's going to flop under the shadow of the Lord's pop scripture.

Not to mention, she looks GORGEOUS.

Styles

Mau ®;126041972 said:
Preordered the deluxe of 1989. It's 19 songs (!) so that's basically 6 more songs than the normal edition. It better be more than "country" demos of album tracks of 1989 and/or live versions. New songs only please.

Oh it's basically like 30 bucks here. It is expensive but the Lord is worth it.

My guess:

3 acoustic versions
3 bonus tracks

It's 23.99NZD for the Deluxe Edition. :jonny:

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Not me having to read new Gaga news from Aguila. #death

*runs to iTunes*

!!!

new Gaga??

Wait for me I'm right behind you!!!!

ibuMGovJxELjgV.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
RbTAeA3.jpg

The slayage.

Ain't NOBODY topping Rihanna in the fashion game. She's been blessed by the Queens. It is now law.

WOW! O______O

She's starting to approach Madonna levels of iconography and visual perfection <3
Can't believe how much my opinion of Rih has changed in the last few months *.*

10476309_10152586717852279_3966779919859327327_n.jpg

Koodo

Banned
The Local Roast Beef Eater's song is PUTRID TRASH.

I feel bad for the receipt stans having to pretend to like this shit. :ahh:

enigmatic_alex44

Shake it off is terribly disappointing. Far more excited for Charli and a different side of Gags.

yaaaasssssss

Gather them Paco, not a single lie detected
detective.gif

I'm so happy that at least there was SOMETHING good in the POPWORLD today after having to endure White People Dancing. And Charli's song was ok but not as good as anything from True Romance but perhaps it'll grow on me! :D

HERE for Gaga's temporary era as Jazzga <3333

Bladenic

I have NO issues with Taylor as a person. This isn't a case of Beyoncé for me where I think she's just a bad human being irl which ruins the music for me (whether or not it's good music). Taylor is a sweet girl and seems really genuine with her fans, pretty much as genuine as Gaga in that regard. My only issue with Taylor is that the music sucks.

She's just a half step above Katy Perry vocally, so let's not pretend like she'd have the big career she has if she wasn't ALSO sweet, inoffensive and very pretty (that'll get someone really far). But the fact that Taylor IS a good person is why I can be happy for her and not be fuming, even if I dislike what she puts out there musically

LOOOL don't compare Fey to Arte! Fey's cool in my book :D
Constantly cracks me up when I see the good sis flawlessly dragging the perplexed in OT plus Fey is a huge Madonna fan which is an automatic +5 in my book <3

Simply screaming at you

Who gives a fuck about an artist as a person if the music is good

Chris Brown is total trash yet I'll bop to Loyal, Forever, even Nobody's Business cuz they're good fucking songs I don't care about his persona

Evaluate yourself and your taste and perception of music. At the end of the day, it's about the music, not the person. You stan Madonna, I mean she's a huge self admitted bitch

Anyway Shake It Off and Break The Rules changed my life

I'm a new person now

I feel bad for the receipt stans having to pretend to like this shit. :ahh:

You would know a thing or 2 about receipt stanning. Dropping Gaga as soon as she flopped.

Stanning Ariana

Kesha

Shall I go on

I mean I jokingly talked shit on Kesha but my allegiance was still there and I never even jokingly abandoned Gaga

And kiiiiii at anyone saying Shake It Off video is "try hard"

So 2013, why don't you join mid 2014 and stop using outdated lingo in a desperate attempt to try and stay looking "hip" or "cool" or even like anyone reads your posts and gives a fuck

Majmun

20. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today
19. Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
18. Joanna Newsom - Have One on Me
17. Swans - The Seer
16. Destroyer - Kaputt
15. Grimes - Visions
14. Beyoncé - Beyoncé
13. Real Estate - Days
12. Drake - Take Care
11. LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening
10. Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel...
09. Sun Kil Moon - Benji
08. Kanye West - Yeezus
07. Tame Impala - Lonerism
06. Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
05. Beach House - Teen Dream
04. Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
03. Deer Hunter - Halcyon Digest
02. Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city
01. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

My fave made it.

Where's your fave?

iz08fjtHcE14W.gif

Bladenic

I never thought I'd actually like a post by you. I always compared you to Arte. But this...is sort of perfect.

Girl can this passive aggressive nonsense stop

I mean does fey even know who you are probably not, was your post necessary? Certainly nah

And kiiiii the last page fumes

Royalan you could honestly single handedly have run a steam locomotive around the country back in the day with your fumes. Still clinging to some non existant hope that Xtina will have a comeback lmao I just can't. Seriously bury me if you think this is Taylor's last hurrah, even if it is she still had 3 more eras that were successful compared to your fave who barely managed 2

ctrl+alt "Inna"

Result: Not available in the top 500

Now bitch you know I love Inna but I don't pretend she has one shred of anything resembling talent

Cut the poor bitch some slack she's from Romania she has to do what she can to succeed coming from that cesspool I should know

Styles

Wait, so the deluxe edition of 1989 will contain 16 SONGS (3 EXTRA SONGS) + 3 Voice Memos.

And this genius marketing though:
When you purchase Taylor&#8217;s new album*, &#8220;1989&#8221;, there will be a special insert in the CD packaging with a unique code!
Register this code anytime from October 27th, 2014 - November 3rd, 2014 to submit your entry into the SwiftStakes.
ENTRIES WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM October 27th, 2014 - November 3rd, 2014. Winners will be notified approximately 3 weeks after the SwiftStakes has ended.

The codes are only eligible during release week, so diehard fans will have to puchase multiple copies in order to have a better chance at winning. Break Knee's 1.3mil record Lord. The only thing Brit has that's still unbroken.

iz08fjtHcE14W.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Simply screaming at you

Who gives a fuck about an artist as a person if the music is good

Chris Brown is total trash yet I'll bop to Loyal, Forever, even Nobody's Business cuz they're good fucking songs I don't care about his persona

Evaluate yourself and your taste and perception of music. At the end of the day, it's about the music, not the person. You stan Madonna, I mean she's a huge self admitted bitch

Madonna IS a bitch and I love that about her, she's QUEEN Bitch and she's paved her own way and the way for all the other flops that are getting their 15 minutes now. I have nothing but love and respect for her. But Madonna has never hurt anybody.

I'm not here to start anything with you, but I DO care if someone is a decent person in real life, so we'll just have to agree to disagree on that front. Telling ME to evaluate myself and my perception of music? While in the same breath stating you manage to still enjoy Fist Brown's music??? Are you for real???

His face and the sound of his voice make me sick to my stomach. Somebody like Chris Brown who has had numerous violent well publicized outbursts including that horrible infamous night when he left Rihanna beaten and bruised half to death (I've seen all the police reports and pictures from the incident), is somebody I can happily go the rest of my life without ever hearing another song from and I actively avoid him. If you can still separate that from the music, good for you but I will not and I DO NOT apologize for it.

xaosslug

You would know a thing or 2 about receipt stanning. Dropping Gaga as soon as she flopped.

Stanning Ariana

Kesha

Shall I go on

I mean I jokingly talked shit on Kesha but my allegiance was still there and I never even jokingly abandoned Gaga

And kiiiiii at anyone saying Shake It Off video is "try hard"

So 2013, why don't you join mid 2014 and stop using outdated lingo in a desperate attempt to try and stay looking "hip" or "cool" or even like anyone reads your posts and gives a fuck

well, go IN. I mean

deadcyoteugku2.gif

Vazduh

Whoa, Bladenic!
pXXlfeg.gif

*paging Vazduh*

Korea's Queens of Quirk&#8482;, Orange Caramel have released a "spot the difference" themed music video. Song is excellent too.

This is adorable :D I love the video, and the song is cute too :) Thanks for posting this.

While we're on the topic of K-pop, Taemin's single was quite good, IMHO. Maybe I'm biased to everything produced by Thomas Troelsen, but the guy knows how to deliver a bop.

My fave made it.

Where's your fave?

20. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today
16. Destroyer - Kaputt
15. Grimes - Visions
13. Real Estate - Days
11. LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening
07. Tame Impala - Lonerism
05. Beach House - Teen Dream
03. Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest
02. Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city

There :) It's a very nice list, I see many more of my faves outside the top 20
(Danny Brown, Cloud Nothings, Jessie Ware, Miguel, Majical Cloudz, Kurt Vile, Robyn, Arcade Fire...)

Taylor song is as cute as Chasing the Sun by Hilary. Nothing that special.

Charlie Song on the other hand is a legit bop.

Speaking of Hillary DullDuff, she has just released a lyric video for All About You.

Peru

As the biggest Taylor stan in this place I have to say I don't really like Shake It Off. Is it her worst single? Yes. Is a 'proper pop album' the worst idea she's had for an album yet? Yes. Weird 80s pop sounds COULD work though. If that means Cocteau Twins. Not Pharrell-likes ala Shake It Off on the other hand. As a strategic move it's probably not bad - I mean the song is fairly catchy and 'in' sounding. But I so hope this is just the radio friendly face of the campaign and not what 1989 will be.

One of the issues is losing specificness and personality in storytelling and reverting to a more typical cliche collection. There are funny lines and phrases here, but..

Having said that I still found the yahoo presentation interesting. I'm not sure any pop star has ever publicly thought so much about her career choices. Not just when asked about what direction she takes -- unprovoked dissertations on what she thinks of her career long-term, what artistic choices she should take with each album to keep things interesting, etc. what response she gets/anticipates. It's fun to listen to her talk. But I think she landed on the wrong choice here. Admittedly I want a more singer songwriterly direction.

Partition

Banned
Shake It Off is a cute inoffensive single, and catchy enough. I agree it may lack the punch her previous singles had.

It's not insulting to me like WANEGBT was, with that repetitive jarring shouty chorus. And the production isn't completely 'sell-out' like I anticipated, I expected something messy and try-hard like Problem; so that was a surprise. The horns didn't have as much presence as I thought they would.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
has chris been drinking? or is it just the power of BREAK THE RULES?

i like this new look on him tbh

you catch my eye,
bitch you wanna fly?

My fave made it.

Where's your fave?

iz08fjtHcE14W.gif

my faves have five albers in the top 20, feels good man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom