• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

What is up with all these top lists stanning Kanye like crazy?

He's been slaying the other girls for a while now and the world knows it. Open your heart, accept Yeezus as your lord and saviour.

iOkospqecY91I.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
As soon as I saw that bit in the video I knew someone would get their panties in a wad

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
mary jane holland is actually pretty good, i've gotten moderate use from it the past couple of days

i don't think there's a coincidence that it's musically most similar to her older stuff tho

Koodo

Banned
Asco. Using spotify serves supporting a cause with a hashtag rather than an actual donation.

Poor your faves (literally).

iz08fjtHcE14W.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i saw imogen heap at glasto a few years back and she was adorable

the only track i
or anyone kiiii
knew was hide and seek tho

Lets be real, people didn't even Spotify Warrior.

a mess

you better believe i still bop like phuq when supernatural comes on tho

Asco. Using spotify serves supporting a cause with a hashtag rather than an actual donation.

Poor your faves (literally).

iz08fjtHcE14W.gif

Preach that shit

Artists get piss from Spotify, it's why I buy all the indie shit I can to support my hipster faves
(more like 'why I used to buy' I'm never spending money ever again)

iz08fjtHcE14W.gif

(I borrowed Rihanna CDs before I bought my own for £1 at charity shops)

Madonna IS a bitch and I love that about her, she's QUEEN Bitch and she's paved her own way and the way for all the other flops that are getting their 15 minutes now. I have nothing but love and respect for her. But Madonna has never hurt anybody.

I'm not here to start anything with you, but I DO care if someone is a decent person in real life, so we'll just have to agree to disagree on that front. Telling ME to evaluate myself and my perception of music? While in the same breath stating you manage to still enjoy Fist Brown's music??? Are you for real???

His face and the sound of his voice make me sick to my stomach. Somebody like Chris Brown who has had numerous violent well publicized outbursts including that horrible infamous night when he left Rihanna beaten and bruised half to death (I've seen all the police reports and pictures from the incident), is somebody I can happily go the rest of my life without ever hearing another song from and I actively avoid him. If you can still separate that from the music, good for you but I will not and I DO NOT apologize for it.

I'm in a similar lane as you. If I don't like you I'm not going to give you my money or my business, and I'm much more likely to not enjoy your output if everything I'm hearing is coming from someone I consider an asshole. Case in point: Chris Brown's "discography." You can hear all the mysogyny and hubris in his voice and whatever the fuck "swagger" means so he can promptly fuck right off.

And the thing holding me back from fully embracing Madonna as a pop act is that I know she's a mean girl, and that's automatically a turn off. I'm able to turn that off myself in many cases though, as I pretty much own most of her albums, and she's earned her clout mostly. I gravitate toward people who appeal to my sensibilities musically and that tends to go hand in hand with how they are away from the studio.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I'm in a similar lane as you. If I don't like you I'm not going to give you my money or my business, and I'm much more likely to not enjoy your output if everything I'm hearing is coming from someone I consider an asshole. Case in point: Chris Brown's "discography." You can hear all the mysogyny and hubris in his voice and whatever the fuck "swagger" means so he can promptly fuck right off.

And the thing holding me back from fully embracing Madonna as a pop act is that I know she's a mean girl, and that's automatically a turn off. I'm able to turn that off myself in many cases though, as I pretty much own most of her albums, and she's earned her clout mostly. I gravitate toward people who appeal to my sensibilities musically and that tends to go hand in hand with how they are away from the studio.

yup, that is exactly why I instantly dropped Iggy when I found out about her horrid racist/bigoted comments on Twitter. just VILE. I can't feel good listening to someone's music (though with Iggy Igg it's more like verbal diahrrea, lbr) when I know what kind of character they have.

I think you should give Madonna a real chance though SS, I know she's known as a "mean girl" but a lot of that is over exagerated over the years (kind of like Mariah's and JLo's "diva" behaviour but even more so). She's been through a lot herself and had to harden herself to become the #1 bitch in the game in an industry run (at the time at least) by men. Plus her personal life, despite all the wealth she's EARNED hasn't been easy, google the Sean Penn tied to a chair story for some insight into that (Sean Penn is another who I avoid, what a despicable person)

At least we know our mutual fave Gaga has a good heart <3333

Aguila

#ICONIC
Madonna IS a bitch and I love that about her, she's QUEEN Bitch and she's paved her own way and the way for all the other flops that are getting their 15 minutes now. I have nothing but love and respect for her. But Madonna has never hurt anybody.

I'm not here to start anything with you, but I DO care if someone is a decent person in real life, so we'll just have to agree to disagree on that front. Telling ME to evaluate myself and my perception of music? While in the same breath stating you manage to still enjoy Fist Brown's music??? Are you for real???

His face and the sound of his voice make me sick to my stomach. Somebody like Chris Brown who has had numerous violent well publicized outbursts including that horrible infamous night when he left Rihanna beaten and bruised half to death (I've seen all the police reports and pictures from the incident), is somebody I can happily go the rest of my life without ever hearing another song from and I actively avoid him. If you can still separate that from the music, good for you but I will not and I DO NOT apologize for it.

I think it's always best to try to create a separation between an artist and his/her works.

Some of the most famous/talented musicians were or are nasty people outside of their music: Michael Jackson and R Kelly (who your fave featured on her album) were pedophiles, Amy Winehouse was a rude drunkard, Beyonce steals, etc. (outside of music there are people like Picasso who cheated and abused his wives and Nabokov who was also a pedophile).

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
what about rih? she's not done anything genuinely BAD so far as i know.

[edit] waiT not me putting Work Bitch on and getting punchedT outdT

Mau ®

Britney is generally a nice person who is just extremely awkward and shy.

And after 2007, I think Brit is allowed to hate the papz and media for life.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;126105983 said:
I could quote so many Lana lyrics right now.

sis please don't, i'm struggling to keep my eyes open this afternoon already

lettuce please take a moment to appreciate the irony of someone accusing britney of being a bad person by dragging her mental health and calling her stupid

the lack of self-awareness, i cannoT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom