• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you on the street and you walk on by
You make me wanna hang my head down and cry
If you gave me half a chance you'd see
My desire burning inside of me
But you choose to look the other way
I've had to work much harder than this
For something I want don't try to resist me

Open your heart to me, baby
I hold the lock and you hold the key
Open your heart to me, darlin'
I'll give you love if you, you turn the key

iidMQOdMNvE6K.gif

cory64

Seriously? How greedy can they be? They make billions of dollars as it is already. That's gross.
Not here for profiting off of brain damage and asking the queen of pop for her hard earned coins

smdh NFL

they can ask Taylor though, Shake It Off is on brand for their concussive ways

Touchdown

Banned
Not here for profiting off of brain damage and asking the queen of pop for her hard earned coins

smdh NFL

they can ask Taylor though, Shake It Off is on brand for their concussive ways

I can't get over that they are asking for tour money from artists, that's pretty disgusting. The artist is the one that brings the general public outside of the football fans to tune in which in turn makes the advertisers pay a huge amount to the NFL to get those eyeballs watching their commercials. It's as if they are acting like they're the ones doing a huge favor for the artist when in fact it's the other way around. Honestly the NFL should be the ones paying the artist to perform.

I think the SIO video is adorable. Sorryboutit

To be honest this song is total white folk flame bait but I'm biting. It's cute. It's silly and cheese balls and dumb and it makes me wanna dance. Damn you Taylor Swift. Maybe I'll consider 1989...

royalan

I can't do it.

Taylor is a bit too white privilege for me lately. That video was a mess.

And you KNOW it's bad when I'm saying that.

Thought you'd be here for it tbh, you were stanning the white woman twerking around this time last year. And that woman was trying to own it rather than doing it once in a video to mock herself.

ibyEne9InBxciR.gif

cory64

Taylor is using their black dancing to illustrate her whiteness at dancing. Considering all the other vignettes were highly trained profesdional dancers & athletes the row of twerkers stood out.
The rest of the video is "omg u guys who let me dance with these guys isn't that awkward but I'm gonna be cute" and then that section is like "I'm so white isn't that awkward?"

royalan

Oh, by all means, elucidate.

Lets think about the ratchet white chicks I stan:

Lil' Debbie
Miley Cyrus
Iggy Azealia
Brooke Candy

What do all these girls have in common? They're living the life that they're propagating in their art. And I can see you now, immediately ready to laugh at the idea, but think about it? Have you ever lived in the Bay Area (where White Girl Mob came from and Iggy Azealia lived in for a time)? I have. Have you ever living on the East Coast? I currently do. And do you know what I see? White kids in snap-backs, hoodies and retro caps. Wearing gold chains and hanging out in abandoned lots near the river in their "pimped out" cars blasting rap music. As ridiculous as you think the idea is, we now live in a society where "urban" culture has been exposed long enough that its completely infiltrated society and you DO have non-black faces who are growing up in it. And maybe they don't have as clear an understanding of where it comes from, but in their eyes they don't have to: like American blue jeans, it's just what they know.

I like Lil' Debbie, not just because she's awesomely bad, but because I grew up in the Bay Area. I know that scene. I KNOW girls like Lil' Debbie. And you may not respect it, but it's real. It's a part of American culture and it exists.

I like Iggy Azealia because, even though she didn't grow up in the hood, she's always expressed a kinship with the culture, and I have no reason to find it false because it's all that she's immersed herself in from the moment she moved to the US, years before she popped off.

But Taylor? No. She's is the EPITOME of the "tee-hee!" white girl who knows jack shit about urban culture. Doesn't WANT to know jack shit about urban culture. Doesn't ACTUALLY LIVE urban culture. She's just trying it on to "laugh at herself" and then immediately returning to her whiteness (which she LITERALLY does in the end of the video). I can't respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom