• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Bladenic and Nito, this one's for you.

BuBpdhyIMAE2wQH.jpg:large

Alexandra Stan - Unlocked (album sampler)

I didn't even have a clue she was releasing an album so soon! It sounds kind of terrible, but maybe it's just me.

Stefan™;126398462 said:
Can we shake him off of existence?
jEJAf5o0wQWzT.png

Co-signing this. He's vile.

ITLATfd.gif

Mau ®;126333950 said:
Props to King Vazduh for adding Galantis to the Spotify playlist. They're great *.*

Glad you loved them! They're very good, check out their EP if you have the time.

Partition

Banned
so My Everything is REALLY bad, worse than I expected. Break Free is probably the best song, so you know what that is saying.

"Why Try" made me cry, tears from the extreme laughter that ensued because I never knew something could be so awful.

"Hands On Me" is a rather embarrassing rape-anthem with one of the laziest choruses ever.

"Best Mistake" was her attempt to recreate Beyoncé's "Mine" in order to make her album sound like it had style, but it was a weak attempt.

Poor Ariana though, now she will be forced to produce shit like this instead of the actual decent music she made with her debut.

Trigger

so My Everything is REALLY bad, worse than I expected. Break Free is probably the best song, so you know what that is saying.

"Why Try" made me cry, tears from the extreme laughter that ensued because I never knew something could be so awful.

"Hands On Me" is a rather embarrassing rape-anthem with one of the laziest choruses ever.

"Best Mistake" was her attempt to recreate Beyoncé's "Mine" in order to make her album sound like it had style, but it was a weak attempt.

Poor Ariana though, now she will be forced to produce shit like this instead of the actual decent music she made with her debut.

RIP

I still have hope that the album will sound decent when I get a chance to listen to it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Given how hard popgaf fumes about break free and it's still amazing all I can take home from this is that ariana has produced the aoty

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
isnt just drew complaining?

i saw leonard too

http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/robyns-said-some-things-about-a-new-ep/130111/

“I’ve been working on this EP with Markus [Jägerstedt], who’s in my band, and a producer by the name of Christian Falk, who is this Swedish guy that I worked with for many years, since I was like 15 – we worked on my first album, even.”
“He tragically and very sadly passed away two weeks ago. He was sick for a while before he died, and that’s also one of the reasons I wanted to make sure that we got that material out there, before he actually disappeared from the face of this earth.”
“So he was able to be a part of that a little bit before he went. It’s also changed the songs a little bit, me and Markus are still working on it. It’s going to be strange, but very healing, to finish the record without Christian.”

ibmLgv1jpfUDTG.gif

she's coming again

Confession: I've barely listened to the Lord's debut album

Shake It Off is a gift from heaven, I hope that the entire album is as fun and addictive
ibvdLADhDxh0dc.gif

Aural cocaine tbh
ibvdLADhDxh0dc.gif

Omg now I know what the Shake It Off video reminds me of: an Apple ad!

General blondeness, whites being carefree, only the handsomest black people selected for the shoot, the white background, the hyper-awareness, the appeal to upper middle class/lower upper class demos, stylish clothing, a youthful un-inclusive spirit.

If Shake It Off is the visual equivalent to the iPhone then Anaconda would be the Samsung Galaxy S5. And Human Liger Rita Ora will always be Windows Phone, assuming she makes music or music videos. I dunno.

Vazduh

Shake It Off is a gift from heaven, I hope that the entire album is as fun and addictive
ibvdLADhDxh0dc.gif

It's going to be, that's for sure.

I mean, Max Martin co-wrote and produced most of the tracks, I wouldn't expect anything less than fun and catchy.

Speaking of Max, the man is a living legend, tbh. He's sold more than 135 million songs so far. Impressive, isn't it?

Max+Martin+Backstreet+Boys+Honored+Hollywood+9kGj_FWxwLWl.jpg

For those interested, two years ago Popjustice made a great playlist with songs he wrote, co-wrote and produced. You can listen to it here.

Vitanimus

I stay out too late
Got nothing in my brain
That's what people say, mmm-mmm

I go on to many dates [chuckle]
But I can't make 'em stay
At least that's what people say, mmm-mmm

But I just keep on cruising
Can't stop, won't stop moving
It's like I got this music
In my mind
Singing, "It's gonna be alright."

'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off
Heart-breakers gonna break, break, break, break, break
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off

take me to CHURCH

ibvdLADhDxh0dc.gif

Here's the playlist

I think it needs a clean tho, some of the tracks are getting rather old :eyes:

And I tried to listen to that Max Martin playlist Vazduh but within a minute I was back to Shake It Off. Its power will not be denied.

ibvdLADhDxh0dc.gif

My flatmates are going to hate me so fucking much :rip:

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Omg now I know what the Shake It Off video reminds me of: an Apple ad!

General blondeness, whites being carefree, only the handsomest black people selected for the shoot, the white background, the hyper-awareness, the appeal to upper middle class/lower upper class demos, stylish clothing, a youthful un-inclusive spirit.

If Shake It Off is the visual equivalent to the iPhone then Anaconda would be the Samsung Galaxy S5. And Human Liger Rita Ora will always be Windows Phone, assuming she makes music or music videos. I dunno.
Its more of a GAP ad

Touchdown

Banned
can someone make me an avi of the lord and savior of pop

jb0JS6hcLgrewX.jpg
jbo7IJK6mO9Nu_e.jpg

oops, I liked that 2nd one I made so much I took it. :p You can still use drinking mariah tho.

Forbes: The Dumbing Down Of Taylor Swift
The music of female pop singers, not to mention the pop singers themselves, is so interchangeable these days that it’s difficult to tell them apart. Jesse J, Miley Cyrus, Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Ariana Grande, Rita Ora – unless you’re a 14 year old girl you’d be hard-pressed to identify which is which when played back to back. The last star we expected to fall into this crowd was Taylor Swift, but there she is, dumbed down like the rest of them with her latest release “Shake It Off.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbyowsinski/2014/08/21/the-dumbing-down-of-taylor-swift/

Courage

Are y'all listening to My Everything yet? Takes a shit on The Elusive Flopteuse

One Last Time is a banger. Ariana nailed the Rihanna sound.

cory64

Lutece praise the good sis LeonaLewis for correctly divining that My Everything would be vastly inferior to Yours Truly.
Still decent tho

royalan

I agree with the basic point that Taylor Swift has sold out and become a caricature of herself at this point, but the rest of the article can be summed up as Old Man Yells at Cloud and "But she writes her own songs!"

Hate to tell you this, sir, but the reason all these pop acts you mentioned sound alike to you is because you don't ACTUALLY listen to popular music...but you're writing about it for some reason...

Nemesis_

Serving Rokurokubi realness

PS. I went to artRAVE and met Gaga. It was amazing. I feel bad that some people had to attend when she wasn't at the peak of her game but she was very energetic and very alive during the meet and greet. I was super impressed and the atmosphere doesn't translate from photos. It's actually much better. I do think it is a bit shit that she's not always 100% though because otherwise Drew/B-Dex might have had a similar experience to me but didn't.

let me just go back to wishing I was attending another date ._.

Gaga was so nice ;_;

Serving Rokurokubi realness

PS. I went to artRAVE and met Gaga. It was amazing. I feel bad that some people had to attend when she wasn't at the peak of her game but she was very energetic and very alive during the meet and greet. I was super impressed and the atmosphere doesn't translate from photos. It's actually much better. I do think it is a bit shit that she's not always 100% though because otherwise Drew/B-Dex might have had a similar experience to me but didn't.

I might go into more detail but I'll probably be paid dust so let me just go back to wishing I was attending another date ._.

Gaga was so nice ;_;

MORE DEETS PLZ!

I hate this bitch

Why does she need to slag off skinny people, it's really upsetting

She's just a bully like Iggy Azalea and Katy Perry

#inspiring

I might go into more detail but I'll probably be paid dust so let me just go back to wishing I was attending another date ._.

Gaga was so nice ;_;

I saw on your Twitter how much fun you had, bless. I'm glad you had a nice time. Did she play many songs you liked?

On a Kinsey scale of 1 to 6, how gay was it

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Grimes posted a "trailer" for the Go MV.

It is kinda short but it looks epic! :duca:

Yes girl. Lettuce hope the entire video is like the first minute of the Genesis video

Hoping Tove Lo smashes too, I've liked everything she's put out so far. That and the fact she has a writing credit on Icona Pop's best song "Ready for the weekend" and the simply iconic "Something New" by Gods Aloud
Has her new video, Not On Drugs, been posted? It's good
mZLmn.gif

Anyone else watch Sherlock? Just watched all three seasons and I'm obsessed and throbbing and in love. Benedict CumberBIATCH would fit right in on popgaf tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom