• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when pop music looked like it was going to be totally dire at the start of the year? Lily Allen released Air Balloon (dear lord), Paloma Faith released Can't Rely On You (which has grown on me but still eh) and Rih and Shak put out CRTFY... Things looked grim

Then suddenly
472443aa.jpg

Katy Bsus dropped Crying For No Reason,

tumblr_n0876cJxnX1qzwburo2_500.gif

and the clouds parted.

Such a beautiful song.

cory64

I went to listen to hounds of love but then I ended up listening to Running Up That Hill (Deal With Knee) four times in a row

will Grimes ever?

Beyoncé’s dad & former manager Matthew Knowles says that the whole ‘Solange/Jay Z elevator fight‘ was staged to promote Jay & Beyoncé’s On The Run tour.
He made the comments during an interview with a local Houston radio station while promoting his upcoming seminar this weekend.
The questions is, do you believe him?
We’ve seen both Solange and Beyoncé act..and we don’t believe either of them are that great of actresses, so if it was all staged — kudos to them!
Take a listen to the audio below. Mathew’s comments start around 6:20 in the first video and carry over to part two.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9VWJlsgihA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o2wX1fyUyw
iJSuQ6WoAx1uA.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I went to listen to hounds of love but then I ended up listening to Running Up That Hill (Deal With Knee) four times in a row

will Grimes ever?

c'mon angel
c'mon c'mon darling
let's exchange
the experrreieeeencceeee

lord that thunderclapesque drumroll

chills down my SPINE

Natalia Kills had a meltdown on twitter today about All About That Bass, saying that it was body shaming skinny people.

Keep in mind this is the girl that was on instagram bragging about her thigh gap and when confronted by a fan about why that was not a good look, she threw a fit.

god she's such a fucking idiot, i hate her

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Natalia Kills had a meltdown on twitter today about All About That Bass, saying that it was body shaming skinny shaming people.

Keep in mind this is the girl that was on instagram bragging about her thigh gap and when confronted by a fan about why that was not a good look, she threw a fit.

all of popgaf hates her

Bladenic

basically little red is the album of the year

between katy, twigs, la roux, jessie ware and charli xcx the brit girls have 2014 sewn up

everyone else can go back where they came from and rihtry

i don't know who natalia kills and grimes are, are they foreign

grimes is canadian, i dont think anybody knows about natalie

Natalia Kills had a meltdown on twitter today about All About That Bass, saying that it was body shaming skinny shaming people.

Well, thigh gaps can happen naturally depending on the person's build. A thigh gap doesn't necessarily indicate an eating disorder.

That being said, it's still dumb to brag about it when it could lead to young girls starving themselves to try and achieve one. Oh and I just listened to that All About That Bass song, and I don't really see how it's body shaming skinny people. It's more a body positive message. So all in all, Natalia doesn't know what she's talking about, and she should shut up.

Aguila

#ICONIC

I can't say she's totally off.

There are skinny people who are skinny because of financial problems (I would assume this is Natalia Kills' problem), and here is All About Those Burgers putting rich large people on a pedestal.

America doesn't need All About Those Burgers now when there is an obesity epidemic.

Kylie had it right with Sexercise.

iboR9QgoGs1Gw3.gif

basically little red is the album of the year

between katy, twigs, la roux, jessie ware and charli xcx the brit girls have 2014 sewn up

everyone else can go back where they came from and rihtry

i don't know who natalia kills and grimes are, are they foreign

It really is one of the best albums released so far. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i put this moment

here

get out of the waves

get out of the wa-ater

lord give me the strength to survive this quivering

sis

she played the entirety of the second half of hounds of love (the concept alber half), with incredible props/theatrics/actors

it was jesus

That being said, it's still dumb to brag about it when it could lead to young girls starving themselves to try and achieve one. Oh and I just listened to that All About That Bass song, and I don't really see how it's body shaming skinny people. It's more a body positive message. So all in all, Natalia doesn't know what she's talking about, and she should shut up.

Exactly.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
in case you needed more evidence of the Grande-You-Can-Tell-They-Been-Missing-Some-Meals family being trash

http://www.eonline.com/news/573917/...ntroversial-moments-from-the-big-brother-star

Frankie Thinks Lesbians Chose to Be Lesbians: During a discussion about sexuality and sexual orientation, Frankie recently admitted he strongly believes women who like other women chose to be lesbians. This is odd because Frankie believes he was born a gay man. "Any lesbians choose to become lesbians later in life," Frankie told his housemates. "Women who have been with man after man after man after man choose to become a lesbian later in life. Gay men it doesn't work so much that way. It's usually they're like, ‘Oh OK, no, I'm gay"

Really_Sis.gif

Touchdown

Banned
and speaking of Grande..Billboard goes "there".

It's Time to Stop Comparing Ariana Grande to Mariah Carey

Unlike the headline, the article compares them throughout.

iWrKPz4WVD6qw.gif

But when you call Ariana "mini-Mariah," what you're really saying is that she's a talented singer with a big voice (and with far less diction), as well as other similarities that have faded over time. In effect, My Everything almost entirely ends the conversation there, moving Grande out of the Mariahsphere — until further notice.

Touchdown, hun. I just want to say, I love your post. The Mariah gifs are endless and always give me a good laugh. The context in which they are used always makes me laugh, especially in this post regarding Ariana. I am just laughing at the proper gif usage and shade.

3phemeral

Can we take a moment to discuss how flawless Mine is?

beyonce-mine.gif

I have the whole album on repeat still since I've bought it and my consistent faves are:

Partition
Blow
Drunk in Love
Superpower
Haunted
Pretty Hurts
Heaven
XO

But then then the other tracks, like Jealous, Mine, Angel, and Rocket that were taking second billing to those slowly started to grow on me. LIke was mentioned earlier, that piano intro <3. The soooo appropriate build to the climax of Rocket, the chorus of Angel, and that emotion in Jealous just keep me coming back. Incredible record, through and through.

ibeDIBWf2wh2O2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom