• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
@NICKIMINAJ
Aight fuk it. U know wut? Yall want the pinkprint? Ima gih u da pinkprint.

@NICKIMINAJ
U may not know how... U may not know when... Just know...

ibyF8yuc9xBRsu.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Pinkprint ha new album?
Find it odd she's keeping with the Pink theme considering she's completely overhauled her look recently (for the better too)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Did anyone listen to the sheezus tracks?
I was going to but decided I just wanna digest the album as a whole when it comes out. How are they?

Vitanimus

Did anyone listen to the sheezus tracks?
I was going to but decided I just wanna digest the album as a whole when it comes out. How are they?

They're all right, I think sonically they're markedly different to the singles she's released although Lily has been relatively open about her distaste for her record label's choice of singles.

Vitanimus

So apparently Miley had to cancel the rest of her US dates because she's hospitalized. Hope she gets well soon.

Gaga, ha impact!

Nemesis_

I'm not listening to any live Lana snippets until I hear the studio versions first. I think it ruined my enjoyment of West Coast >_>

Prince Gains His Catalog in Landmark Deal With Warner Bros.; New Album Coming

Prince has returned to Warner Bros. Records after 18 years with a deal that will see him regain ownership of his catalog. His classic Warner albums like "Dirty Mind," "Controversy" and "1999" will continue to be licensed through Warner Bros as part of a new global agreement.

As part of the deal, Prince's classic "Purple Rain" album will be re-released in a remastered deluxe version in time for the 30th anniversary of the album and movie. Other planned re-issue projects will follow and Prince will issue a new album too, although it is unclear if that title is a part of the deal.

ibgj9pGS1CJmWJ.gif

Prince Promises New Album and Remasters After Label Partnership

"Everyone at Warner Bros. Records is delighted to be working with Prince once again: he is one of the world's biggest stars and a truly unique talent" Warner Bros. Chairman and CEO Cameron Strang said in a statement. "We are also very excited about the release of new and remastered music from one of his greatest masterpieces."

In 1992, Prince signed a lucrative deal with Warner Bros., but their relationship suffered when the label would not put out his music at the pace he wanted. In 1993, he changed his name to an unpronounceable "love symbol" and scrawled the word "slave" on his face. Warner Bros. then dropped its distribution deal with Prince's Paisley Park imprint, putting it out of business. The Artist, as he was then known, put out his single "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" on an indie, which Warner allowed and subsequently put out records culled from the Artist's vaults, releasing albums under both the Prince name and symbol.
iQbwFAvmWuXZA.gif

Prince's Paisley Archives: 10 Items From the Warner's Vault We'd Love to See Released

The 18 core studio albums Prince released for Warner Bros. during those years are, of course, just the tip of the iceberg: The man was and is a monstrously prolific artist, and literally hundreds of unreleased tracks from that era alone reportedly exist, along with material he svengali'ed for other artists, multiple remixes and re-recordings of individual songs, not to mention audio and video footage of his many tours during those years.

To say that the concept of intellectual property is important to Prince is a monumental understatement (for more on that, see last year's Billboard cover story). Presumably in anticipation of today's deal, in recent years he has spent an unprecedented amount of money and resources ensuring that his music is kept off the Internet: just try finding the video for "Raspberry Beret" or the "Sign O' the Times" concert film on YouTube — if you do, it won't be there for long. And while hundreds of vinyl and CD bootlegs containing unreleased material from the Warner Bros. years proliferated in the first quarter-century of his career, that material can only be found online in carefully hidden overseas websites and digital files.

Consequently, Prince's Warner Bros. archive represents the most significant catalog of unreleased material of the past 40 years. Every other major artist — from the Beatles to Nirvana, from Dylan to Michael Jackson and beyond — has either cleaned virtually everything worthwhile from the vault, or (in Jackson's case) the unreleased material does not date from a creative peak.

i9gzz0QZG7sGw.gif

Nemesis_

Has anyone read that Gwen Stefani is apparently replacing Xtina on The Voice? Does this mean she might have an album coming? :3

Prince

omg

I thought this day would never come
i9gzz0QZG7sGw.gif

Right! I like this theory:
To say that the concept of intellectual property is important to Prince is a monumental understatement (for more on that, see last year's Billboard cover story). Presumably in anticipation of today's deal, in recent years he has spent an unprecedented amount of money and resources ensuring that his music is kept off the Internet:
I doubt its veracity though.

cory64

Like you won't be perched next decade when Gaga officially releases a bunch of unreleased songs with her successful albums in a last-ditch effort for relevancy.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Like you won't be perched next decade when Gaga officially releases a bunch of unreleased songs with her successful albums in a last-ditch effort for relevancy.

But who said Gaga will release stuff from the psychiatric ward?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
No Doubt is releasing later this year

Perched. I misjudged their last album and it grew on me after the comments.

I’m gonna love ya
Until you hate me
And I’m gonna show ya
What’s really crazy
You should’ve known better
Then to mess with me harder
I’m gonna love ya, I’m gonna love ya
Gonna love ya, gonna love ya
Like a black widow, baby
Katy-Group-Moves.gif

Styles

UPDATE ON T5:

Dan Wilson on working with Taylor:

The A.V. Club: How do you decide what songs are yours to sing and what songs are someone else’s?

DW: If I write it with someone else and they want to sing it, it’s for them. My philosophy for several years has been that if I’m writing a song and can’t imagine myself singing it, it’s probably not any good.

I feel a freedom to cover my own songs, or almost an obligation to try them out onstage as a way of testing to see if, “Oh yeah, this is actually good, this actually works.” Last year I did a gig in L.A. and I decided that I was going to sing “Treacherous,” a song that I had written with Taylor Swift. It was so fun to sing and it communicated so well that I was like, “Oh, this is a really good song; I could sing this to my people.”

AVC: What’s the process when you’re writing with someone else?

DW: It depends on how they work. With Taylor, we had been kind of circling around, very much aware of each other’s work for a while. We figured out these two days to work together and she came to my studio super excited and said, “I had an idea in the car.” And she sang me the first three or four lines of it and said, “I want to call it ‘Treacherous’ and maybe the chorus can go like this.” And we were writing the song in 10 minutes and she was just so full of excitement.

It’s interesting because I find that she’s very sincere and very what-you-see-is-what-you-get. When you see her on an award show and she wins the award and she looks astonished, that’s how she looks when you’re writing a song and you come up with a good lyric or a good melodic idea. She looks amazed; she’s like, “Whoa!” She’s just like that. She’s also very consistent and a monster songwriter.

AVC: She’s 24 years old. She’s allowed to be sincere.

DW: And that’s the kind of person you’re dealing with. She’s that way from beginning to end.

ifBkxO87NT6Te.gif

Reportedly, Adele will be releasing in Q4 as well. Can't wait for her to literally overshadow Lord yet AGAIN.

ibeOBLGZW1X8zw.gif

Vazduh

Has Golden Boy been posted? It's an outtake from Kiss Me Once.

http://kaneaw.tumblr.com/post/83187769632/kylie-golden-boy

This is cute, but also forgettable, I can see why it didn't end up on Kiss Me Once.

Judas is very underrated. It's better than Bad Romance. It's Lady Gaga's best single. That's all.

Wha... Now, sis!

OI49QxC.gif

Judas is certainly not a bad song by any means, but it's hardly the best, even Telephone shits on it.
I like Telephone, please don't judge me.

So there's a Dan Auerbach mix of West Coast that sounds like the original... but with clearer vocals? I think?

https://soundcloud.com/igapromotion/lana-del-rey-west-coast-dan-auerbach-mix-radio-edit

Something sounds different, but I can't put my finger on it, maybe it's the vocals in the chorus?

Matt_

I'm completely here for Mariah vs Nicki diss tracks. But Nicki has already said a bunch of ish that Mariah has yet to really respond to.

iRDjzblPYmO90.gif

What is happening in this gif
I don't understand why the audience look so steam pressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom