• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Try this one instead then.
88A3I1C.gif

I legit fell asleep after 20 minutes. My queen's, soothing me to sleep with her blessed bleating singing.

Gwen Stefani >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> No Doubt

She's better off solo. The Beyoncé effect.
Can't wait to hear her new stuff.

This x100. Now don't get me wrong, No Doubt had some great songs, but Gwen's discography easily defecates on her band's. I'mma go listen to my favorite song of hers, 4 In The Morning, just to prepare myself for the upcoming obliteration.

Also, get into this cute bop:

Whoa! I like this very much, thanks for posting.

She's coming!

@xtina: So blissful in taking this time for creating all things blossoming new on the horizon...album, baby & beautiful music to come.
https://twitter.com/xtina/status/457607314703253504

I hope this doesn't mean Lotus 2.0.

I wouldn't be opposed to Bionic Part II, tho.

DMeisterJ

Banned
WW SALES

BEYONCÉ:
WEEK 13: 57,000
WEEK 14: 48,000
WEEK 15: 42,000
WEEK 16: 39,000
=186.000

SINGLES ARTIST:
LOUD:
WEEK 13: Loud - 143.600
WEEK 14: Loud - 160.600
WEEK 15: Loud - 146.300
WEEK 16: Loud - 129.000
=578.000+

Talk That Talk:
WEEK 13: Talk That Talk - 54.000
WEEK 13: Talk That Talk - 51.000
WEEK 13: Talk That Talk - 49.000
=208.000+

Unapologetic:
WEEK 13. 84,000
WEEK 14. 74,000
WEEK 15. 73,000
WEEK 16. 75,000
=306.000+

:ahh:

DMeisterJ

Banned
The Hive used Beyonce and her 15.99 album sales to drag singles artists, and she's selling less than them. I'm sorry but it just sunk in for me, and I cannot deal, it's HILARIOUS

ibpKsy1nnEwjkE.gif

Beyonce's leg Gap is getting more iconic attention right now than Rih's career tbh. Who cares about irrelevant weeks when the first week sales and overall sales, in general, matter? Like what kind of stale receipts? I see Bey is on vacation now, I guess the taxes have been done.

Mau ®

nnnnnnn I had heard BEYONCÉ was selling poorly the last few weeks but I refused to believe it. DMJ has shown us the lighT.

Welcome back sis ;__;

Vitanimus

WW SALES

BEYONCÉ:
WEEK 13: 57,000
WEEK 14: 48,000
WEEK 15: 42,000
WEEK 16: 39,000
=186.000

SINGLES ARTIST:
LOUD:
WEEK 13: Loud - 143.600
WEEK 14: Loud - 160.600
WEEK 15: Loud - 146.300
WEEK 16: Loud - 129.000
=578.000+

Talk That Talk:
WEEK 13: Talk That Talk - 51.000
WEEK 13: Talk That Talk - 49.000
=208.000+

Unapologetic:
WEEK 13. 84,000
WEEK 14. 74,000
WEEK 15. 73,000
WEEK 16. 75,000
=306.000+

:ahh:

:OOO not me being ignorant at Rihanna's IMPACT

NOT ME ACTUALLY JUST BEING TOO DRUNK TO REALISE THAT RIHANNA IS NOT JUST A SINGLES ARTIST

The Hive used Beyonce and her 15.99 album sales to drag singles artists, and she's selling less than them. I'm sorry but it just sunk in for me, and I cannot deal, it's HILARIOUS

ibpKsy1nnEwjkE.gif
You could find Apopleptic for like $4 a month after release. BEYONCE might have been front-loaded, but has been infinitely more profitable per unit sold.

And in the end, $$$ (and tour receiptS) talks

Koodo

Banned
In the meantime:

I can report the Blu-ray version of MASTERPIECÉ is akin to an extra-ribbed, tubular-shaped, latex-made apparatus that is gently sliding into the depths of a warm canal.

The CLARITY. What An Experience.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I've been going through the reviews of Iggy Azalea's "The New Classic" on Metacritic and realized similarities in the review style with Lana Del Rey's "Born to Die". It seems like some of the critics seem to point out that the artist appear or are indeed manufactured. Iggy being Hip Hop, the Critics are seem to be really harsh on her because the album sounds more mainstream and while it might get radio play its saying that " It is a disgrace" for hip hop culture. There seems to be more focus on the criticism instead of what the music is doing for the listener, more about the content in context if it is manufactured or more for lack of better words genuine. If it does sound good it sounds good and that's what it should be.

Also its expected the artist and the record company are going to care about sales, and why shouldn't they? They did put the time and effort into the music, of course they will be worried about it selling or not. They want to sell as many copies as they can. It is a business after all too, and they probably want to make sure she's sellable before they bring the artist to tour more and better budget. It's expected that they gotta focus on their money. I can see where they'er coming from. They might be afraid the musical integrity may be lost while trying to be mainstream, but if the content on the album seems good enough within its own context why should that matter?

It's pretty interesting and might depend on the reviewer but you may have one act who's been a specific demographic and style for years and get high praise, whom could've also been manufactured in their own right to be more mainstream friendly. If they've already gained a huge following or have a legacy they might and i say again, they might get a free pass. I might use metacritic to joke around and have fun with the reviews but its interesting to see the content on there and how silly or peculiar some of the reviews come across sometimes

What do you guys think?

I do agree that reviews should criticize the music alone, but the overall metascores for both albums sound about right to me. Not awful, but not amazing either. Just OK.

Vazra

I do agree that reviews should criticize the music alone, but the overall metascores for both albums sound about right to me. Not awful, but not amazing either. Just OK.

That's another thing about the reviews. I think the scoring system its borked most of the times, simply tell me if its Good, Decent or Mediocre. Basically Buy, Preview Before Buying or Skip.

Styles

Music of the Sun: 609,000 LTD
Rated R: 1.110 million LTD
Talk That Talk: 1.118 million LTD
Unapologetic: 1.113 LTD

RED: 1.28 million FW

ibxt8FH43Ey4B8.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Stefan™;108794163 said:
Music of the Sun: 609,000 LTD
Rated R: 1.110 million LTD
Talk That Talk: 1.118 million LTD
Unapologetic: 1.113 LTD

RED: 1.28 million FW

ibxt8FH43Ey4B8.gif

OIDIA 1.3 Million FW

ibxt8FH43Ey4B8.gif

And RED was 1.21 first week, jsyk.

cory64

A lot of OIDIA sounds like rihjects from either Black & Blue or BOMT
but the title track and Stronger.
Taylord could never.

16 Lana Del Rey - West Coast

Down on the west coast, they got a sayin, "if you're not top 10 on iTunes for the entire week then you probably aren't going top 10 on the hot 100".

iLQyxKScnlBXB.gif

cory64

And they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
Yeah, they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
But can you tell me now, you’re the lucky one.

And they tell you that you’re lucky.
But you’re so confused,
Cause you don’t feel pretty, you just feel used.

Vazra

Down on the west coast, they got a sayin, "if you're not top 10 on iTunes for the entire week then you probably aren't going top 10 on the hot 100".

iLQyxKScnlBXB.gif

You were stanning it before and now this? Never change Chartemisia
iLQyxKScnlBXB.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC

To have stayed that long in the top 20 with NO radio support. What a queen.

And are you forgetting streaming points.

iCh6XHvL8gJBi.gif

What's it all about, Alfie?
Is it just for the moment we live?
What's it all about when you sort it out, Alfie?
Are we meant to take more than we give
or are we meant to be kind?
And if only fools are kind, Alfie,
then I guess it's wise to be cruel.
And if life belongs only to the strong, Alfie,
what will you lend on an old golden rule?
As sure as I believe there's a heaven above, Alfie,
I know there's something much more,
something even non-believers can believe in.
I believe in love, Alfie.
Without true love we just exist, Alfie.
Until you find the love you've missed you're nothing, Alfie.
When you walk let your heart lead the way
and you'll find love any day, Alfie, Alfie.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Speaking of Rihanna, I listened to "Talk That Talk" (alber) while driving, and realized that it's actually pretty great. "Talk That Talk" (song) and Birthday Cake (Rihmix) were the urban pop anthems of 2011/2012. Her Power

Mau ®

Birthday Cake was such a slay for her. Went #1 on Urban without a proper rihlease, a video or performance.

I truly believe it could've crossed over to POP had Death Jam been any smart. Ch...

cory64

Roc Me Out, Satch N Learn and Do Ya Thang are bops too. We All Want Love is the only real skip on the alber, which was originally just Loud's Halcyon Days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom