• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Love me, love me, please RT:

This is the POPGAF Spotify playlist (click the banner). It is a collaborative playlist so you are able to add your own music to the mix.

• Do not add music that is more than 6 months old
  • Do not add full albums just the good tracks...
This is to discover new music faster, easily be able to grab it and add it to your own playlist.
Let me know if it doesnt work and please contibute. Enjoy!

iYPweVt3Heo3y.gif

I copied this from you know where :eli:

tumblr_mw3i9aCHa71s7ub96o1_400.gif

SaintZ

Vitanimus Happy Birthday :3

avrilparty2t4ulg.gif

How could you know what it feels like
To fight the hounds of hell?
You think you know me so well
To be outside yourself?
I just want you to realize I blame, I blame myself
Blame, blame, blame myself
I blame, I blame, blame myself for my reputation

i3FhKnQdHt60.gif

I have finally embraced this masterpiece.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Vitanimus Happy Birthday :3

avrilparty2t4ulg.gif

To be outside yourself?

i3FhKnQdHt60.gif

Yas. Before the video I thought the song was good, but it finally clicked with me this past week.

Vazduh

To be outside yourself?

Me, too. I have to agree with Aguila, the video elevated the song.

ROhHhrn.gif

Btw, those dancers are hot.

royalan

Wait...

omg....

OMG....

I JUST realized that there's an 80% chance that both Madonna AND Janet will be releasing new music this year.

The impending DRAMA. The world is not ready.

WHERE is Icicle?

And can we petition for Pheno to be unbanned?

Vazduh

This made me lol:

I JUST realized that there's an 80% chance that both Madonna AND Janet will be releasing new music this year.

WHERE is Icicle?

A few days ago I went through the Icicle vs. Phonomeister posts from the first OT (1, 2, 3, 4) and I got so much life from reading that premium-quality dragging that I'll probably reach 100 years old.

The song simply reminds me how much I want Rihanna to make me a caribbean pop album with the quality team she has now working with her. Her own Standing In The Sun. I love Rih's voice on that kind of music. Obviously not basic like her beginning or as Samantha J but something that would scream Summer is here and Rih is taking you to Barbados and make you her bitch.

I would love for Rih to rih-lease such an album, but I think that she loves being ratchet too much to just rih-vert to the old days. Eh, at least we'll always have If It's Lovin That You Want.

And we can always hope that Samantha J releases another bop soon.

Touchdown

Banned
Wait...

omg....

OMG....

WHERE is Icicle?

Mariah , Madonna, and Janet all in one year. I Can'T.

ieXIU9Lheflaz.gif

Vazduh

Dammit, this is slightly catchy, too. Dat bish!

Speaking of Jamaican divas, anybody remember Tami Chynn? She recorded an album called "Prima Donna" with RedOne and Akon, but which was cancelled after her single "Frozen" flopped hard. One of the songs from that
leaked
album, Hypnotico, was given to J. Lo.

Does anybody know what exactly happened to her after that, is she even active anymore? I only know that her sister Tessanne won the 5th season of The Voice.

edit: nvm, Wikipedia to the rescue:
As of 2014, she works as her sister Tessanne Chin's manager.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Dammit, this is slightly catchy, too. Dat bish!

Speaking of Jamaican divas, anybody remember Tami Chynn? She recorded an album called "Prima Donna" with RedOne and Akon, but which was cancelled after her single "Frozen" flopped hard. One of the songs from that
leaked
album, Hypnotico, was given to J. Lo.

Does anybody know what exactly happened to her after that, is she even active anymore? I only know that her sister Tessanne won the 5th season of The Voice.

edit: nvm, Wikipedia to the rescue:

Sounds actually good. Disappointing I never heard of her.

Mau ®

More and more evidence is surfacing of Britney not singing much of anything on Britney Jean.

She was also accused of not singing half of Femme Fatale by the father of Myah Marie (a Britney sound-alike used on several of her recordings).

What is she good for?
jO7SYIO.gif

Vitanimus

Mau ®;109107723 said:
More and more evidence is surfacing of Britney not singing much of anything on Britney Jean.

She was also accused of not singing half of Femme Fatale by the father of Myah Marie (a Britney sound-alike used on several of her recordings).

What is she good for?
jO7SYIO.gif

image.php

RIP Kyon.

Vazra

Mau ®;109107723 said:

What is she good for?
jO7SYIO.gif

Soon we'll find out her last hit Scream and Shout wasn't her voice either.

Zutroy

Mau ®;109107723 said:

What is she good for?
jO7SYIO.gif

show+me+the+receipts.gif

Trigger

Mau ®;109107723 said:

What is she good for?
jO7SYIO.gif

Not a damn thing.

Legend X won.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is Banks the the indie girl champion? I've seen more than a couple of non popgaffers talking about her in various ot threads which is most unusual

I don't think she's spread over to indie. A lot of the producers she uses gets her noticed in like, hiphop and electronic circles though. But also, I mean there are gonna be a lot of Pop fans who don't post in here, too.

Vazra

thumbrs5.png

Trouble in Paradise Rih? or she is just a friend? :eli:

Not a damn thing.

Legend X won.

No. Britney wins cause she didnt do shit in her album and still got money for it. Femme Fatale was half assed by Britney and still made more money than Bionic and Lotus.

How does Christina wins when she actually records all her vocals and still sings live when Britney poorly mimics her "own" songs like a newbie drag queen yet gets praised for her half assed choreo and poor lipsync.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't think she's spread over to indie. A lot of the producers she uses gets her noticed in like, hiphop and electronic circles though. But also, I mean there are gonna be a lot of Pop fans who don't post in here, too.

Oh I don't mean indie indie, I use it as a sort of cover all term for smaller artists that haven't penetrated the mainstream yet. People like Charli XCX, Grimes, Florrie etc.
It just interested me that Banks was getting a fair bit of attention despite the fact she hasn't really had a break out song yet. Seems like a sign of things to come

Trigger

No. Britney wins cause she didnt do shit in her album and still got money for it. Femme Fatale was half assed by Britney and still made more money than Bionic and Lotus.

How does Christina wins when she actually records all her vocals and still sings live when Britney poorly mimics her "own" songs like a newbie drag queen yet gets praised for her half assed choreo and poor lipsync.

Well, I guess that's one definition of "winning". Sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom