• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

Let me see your body move on the floor like ten minutes ago
Shake shake shake your body
Move on the floor like ten minutes ago
Winning in every place cuz you're my lucky ace
Dj turn off the bass
Winning in every place cuz you're my lucky ace
Everybody do it on the floor

One of the Romanian Rihanna's finer bops tbh.
I became a fan thanks to this tbh. I had listened to Club Rocker prior to 10 Minutes and I wasn't very impressed, glad I decided to check out the rest of her stuff. The video is iconic too.

iN4DVmzpwHjeF.gif

Vazduh

Roisin Murphy is returning in style this year:

42b58c92d63a4b89d5f491545e49d76f.jpg

This is nice! It was an odd choice to cover Italian tunes, but hell, I don't mind, any Roisin is good Roisin.

I cant remember correctly but I believe some of you here stan this creature

http://brookexcandy.com/post/83472348940/buy-opulence-on-itunes-x

I'm not exactly stanning for her, but I did enjoy "I Wanna Fuck Right Now", not gonna lie. Hmm... Opulence is useable to a small degree.

Yasssssss sis

J'Adore is one of her best too, such a jam. Can't wait for her 4th album to drop.

There's no release date yet, right? Hope she drops it before the summer, I need my generic summer soundtrack <3

Wait, this really sounds like it was written for Rihanna. It's totally disposable, yet cute. I really shouldn't enjoy this so much, but to hell with it, let me B O P a bit.

JYzOb1p.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wait, this really sounds like it was written for Rihanna. It's totally disposable, yet cute. I really shouldn't enjoy this so much, but to hell with it. Let me B O P a bit.

JYzOb1p.gif
Jailbait Queen Samantha J. My first play I was saying how mediocre it was but it grew quickly on me. :rip:

Available on Spotify
kiss.gif

I have 20 gifs from the video and all work for bops #blessed

Bladenic

I became a fan thanks to this tbh. I had listened to Club Rocker prior to 10 Minutes and I wasn't very impressed, glad I decided to check out the rest of her stuff. The video is iconic too.

iN4DVmzpwHjeF.gif

Ew Club Rocker is one of her worst songs ever, maybe even her worst.

The first song I heard of hers was Love, which I liked. Then I heard Hot (iconic) and Deja Vu and I was hooked.

Vazduh

If any of you wondered what would happen if Xtina ever went country, well, here's the answer.

9EPxNqA.jpg

Of course, I'm referring to Jessie's voice which is oddly reminiscent of Xtina's. Sadly, the EP is utterly unremarkable, save for maybe Diary or Girls' Night, but even those are mediocre.

I was hoping that she'd go more pop, like she did on her first album, which was a
very
guilty pleasure-fest. I'll just leave a few songs from that one here:

Jessie James - Wanted
Jessie James - Bullet (written by Katy Perry)
Jessie James - Guilty

Bonus fact: Like that other country-pop songstress, Jessie James also wrote a song dedicated to the one and only Mr. White Supremacist Dick.

Jessie James - Dear John

Jailbait Queen Samantha J. My first play I was saying how mediocre it was but it grew quickly on me. :rip:

Available on Spotify
kiss.gif

That damn song is catchier than it has any right to be. Ah, I see it's scrobbling on last.fm already, yas.

POPGaf, slowly destroying my already shaky indie cred, song by song <3 And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Vazra

That damn song is catchier than it has any right to be. Ah, I see it's scrobbling on last.fm already, yas.

POPGaf, slowly destroying my already shaky indie cred, song by song <3 And I wouldn't want it any other way.
Stan the Jailbait Queen
ivIxjAUh36R2H.gif
imYAFCCRkH7yA.gif
iOL6IRoC6fScP.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Well Lily was coming for wigs in Sheezus

I got her point but the execution was just terrible. She should know by now that trying to defend your fave in a bait thread of people ready to hang you over your taste is a waste of time. But maybe she truly did ban herself though lol.

#RIP Sis

Bladenic

WHO DAT WHO DAT

I-G-G-Y

She doesn't seem to have a banner though. Fancy is at #12 on the chart. And not Animals by Martin Garrix randomly starting to slay, how? Why?

Aguila

#ICONIC
Iggy is on GMA right now. They keep saying she's going to perform but at the same time they are playing Super Bass and showing an interview with Garbaj. Mess.

Vazra

Wait not Verbalicious (Natalia Kills) song Don't Play Nice playing on the club at the movie "Just My Luck"

EDIT: Not your day Nem?

Vazduh

I feel for you, sis.

I was resisting SHITSM for a long time and then I finally realized it's best to just give in and enjoy it for what it's worth. Which is not much, but still...

Useable (IMHO): Legendary Lovers, Walking On Air, Spiritual.
Birthday, International Smile, Double Rainbow, Dark Horse

Shit: Everything else.

Vazduh

Wide Awake though?

Love that song, no shame.

VAtZVz8.gif

So, erm, about that Britney + Sia duet... This quote from one of the guys who did the acoustic mix has started circulating around the net.

Hi! Just to clear this up, apparently Britney only sang the verses and Myah filled in the hook and bridge &#8211; most likely due to time constraints, not ability. We wanted to make this a Britney/Sia duet, since Sia has such an interesting style on her own. Hence we named it Britney Spears & Sia, not Britney Spears featuring Sia.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were true, tbh.

I'm trying to find the exact source (aside from this one which cannot be opened), but when I google the quote, I can only find it on ATRL and Popjustice. Some of the links featuring this quote have already been deleted, although they show up in search results.

Vazduh

Dr. Luke is still trying with Becky G, only this time he actually wrote a proper hook for her. I... don't hate this for some reason.

Becky G - Shower (radio rip)

The-Dream left Def Jam a few months ago, probably doesn't mean anything for R8 but you never know

The-Dream is a fine producer and it would be great if he did some stuff for R8, but I think Rhenna can do just fine without him, there are plenty of great producers out there.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
So, erm, about that Britney + Sia duet... This quote from one of the guys who did the acoustic mix has started circulating around the net.

I'm trying to find the exact source (aside from this one which cannot be opened), but when I google the quote, I can only find it on ATRL and Popjustice. Some of the links featuring this quote have already been deleted, although they show up in search results.
I know a sound designer who said that Britney goes into the studio, "sings," and that is blended or flat out recorded over with another person afterward. So this isn't really shocking to me at all.

Vazra

Iggy Azalea The New Classic

#1 United States
#1 Mexico
#2 Argentina
#2 Canada
#3 United Kingdom
#4 Chile
#4 Ireland
#6 Uzbekistan
#7 Botswana
#7 Brazil
#10 Colombia
#12 New Zealand
#12 Slovenia
#13 Nicaragua
#13 Sweden
#16 Switzerland
#22 Australia
#24 Brunei Darussalam
#26 United States
#28 Lithuania
#39 Ghana
#51 Canada
#52 Malta
#55 Costa Rica
#59 Canada
#65 Kazakhstan
#66 United Kingdom
#73 Moldova
#73 Panama
#80 Austria
#82 United States
#84 Luxembourg
#90 Mexico
#90 Netherlands
#98 Qatar
#99 Denmark
#109 Italy
#130 Israel
#148 Germany
#163 France
#170 Russia
#187 Brazil
#298 Romania
#299 El Salvador
#377 South Africa

Slé

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't give a damn 'bout my reputation
You're living in the past it's a new generation
A girl can do what she wants to do and that's
What I'm gonna do
An' I don't give a damn ' bout my bad reputation

Oh no, not me

An' I don't give a damn 'bout my reputation
Never said I wanted to improve my station
An' I'm only doin' good

When I'm havin' fun
An' I don't have to please no one
An' I don't give a damn
'Bout my bad reputation

Bravo Avril, great cover
ibkCv8rB6ldSH8.gif
ibkCv8rB6ldSH8.gif

Zutroy

I'm struggling to make my mind up about the situation. On one hand time constraint is such a BS excuse for an album, although it does look like the album was rushed to be ready before the tour - see the skip in Alien.

On the other we can hear that these verses are definitely Britney, and the vocals on the missing parts (bridge and chorus) sound exactly like Britney too. I know Myah Maria sounds a lot like Britney hence why she's always used for backing vocals, but she doesn't sound so identical that they could just use her vocals completely. Listen to Myah, you can tell the difference.

Also why would she have time to sing the verses but not the rest? It most likely would have been done in the same session.

Vazra

I'm struggling to make my mind up about the situation. On one hand time constraint is such a BS excuse for an album, although it does look like the album was rushed to be ready before the tour - see the skip in Alien.

On the other we can hear that these verses are definitely Britney, and the vocals on the missing parts (bridge and chorus) sound exactly like Britney too. I know Myah Maria sounds a lot like Britney hence why she's always used for backing vocals, but she doesn't sound so identical that they could just use her vocals completely. Listen to Myah, you can tell the difference.

Also why would she have time to sing the verses but not the rest? It most likely would have been done in the same session.

It's Britney, Bitch.
britney_spears_vmas_2.gif

Vazra

It's in Nito's post at the top of this page. Just beware, even though it's kinda cheap-sounding, it's quite catchy.

The song simply reminds me how much I want Rihanna to make me a caribbean pop album with the quality team she has now working with her. Her own Standing In The Sun. I love Rih's voice on that kind of music. Obviously not basic like her beginning or as Samantha J but something that would scream Summer is here and Rih is taking you to Barbados and make you her bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom