• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hello Kitty is abhorrent sonically and visually.

At least she gave us this song last year

When it's you and me
We don't need no one to tell us who to be
We'll keep turning up the radio
What if you and I
Just put up a middle finger to the sky
Let 'em know that we're still rock 'n roll

Poser Anthem of 2013

royalan

It's like if an artist came around who has said vocally, multiple times, that she looks up to Christina Aguilera more than anyone else in music, and all her performances had her wringing her arm up and down while growling notes and trying to force a run and riff into every bar. She didn't do it well, and just sounded messy. Would you be a fan of hers just because she attempted to emulate a style, or would you, like me, be pressed that she's making a new audience of fans who think she's completely authentic and unique?

You're jumping the gun making the assumption that she'd have fans. I wouldn't be a fan, but I wouldn't see offense in it. I mean, there are a ton of shitty singers out there who look up to great ones.

...ALL OF YOU SHUT THE HELL UP.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I just saw the Hello Kitty video and saw nothing wrong with it

but maybe thats my Gaga stan card preparing me for the Asian appropriation future thats to come

iVFJ2zOYmVbCh.gif

Who is this pretty girl, and how have I not heard of her before? This song is amazing.

Feels like forever since I last visited this thread to steal gifs. I am glad I decided to check though, that song was quite the discovery. :p

She was on the UK X Factor a while back.

She was a major front runner and had amazing performances, but was eliminated fairly early.

That Avril video was frustrating. I don't like the song, the imagery, the everything. Just. No.

Happy Birthday Vitanimus and Yado!

Also Daughter Slays. I heard them a while back but never kept tabs on them since. I'm getting pretty terrible at my artist tracking.

SaintZ

Not Canada's finest rose getting everyone (even Billboard!!!) bothered by her crappy video. Her power is bigger than I thought. And I'm surprised about the reception of the Hello Kitty thread, a lot of people seem to like her in general, I guess she's a #truemusician.

I listened to Iggy's album earlier today and I liked New Bitch, Goddess and Black Widow (aside from the singles). The only offensive thing IMO was Lady Patra.

Also. Ella was signed to a US label as well so there will be no Union J mess where her music is never released in the states.

I hope that is the case. She REALLY needs to get out well ahead of Adele.

Icicle

WHERE is Icicle?
Much like my fave, I am waiting for the perfect moment to make my comebacK.

I JUST realized that there's an 80% chance that both Madonna AND Janet will be releasing new music this year.
Wait, we are calling MDNA "music" now? Hmm.

There have been rumblings of Janet's return for years now, although it certainly seems there has been more noise these past couple months.

Phonomeister
d, I guess the victor is clear now that the dust has settled.

iXtFCo1npqvQs.gif

And can we petition for Pheno to be unbanned?
#JusticeforPhono
I kii at the irony of her dying prematurely while her decrepit fave still walks the earth, yet I lament the loss of my worthiest POPGAF adversary.

ibjCAHC29p4tEw.gif

Much like my fave, I am waiting for the perfect moment to make my comebacK.

Wait, we are calling MDNA "music" now? Hmm.

There have been rumblings of Janet's return for years now, although it certainly seems there has been more noise these past couple months.

d, I guess the victor is clear now that the dust has settled.

iXtFCo1npqvQs.gif

#JusticeforPhono
I kii at the irony of her dying prematurely while her decrepit fave still walks the earth, yet I lament the loss of my worthiest POPGAF adversary.

ibjCAHC29p4tEw.gif

iis3660byjjus.gif

Not sure what to make of any of this.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Also. Ella was signed to a US label as well so there will be no Union J mess where her music is never released in the states.

I hope that is the case. She REALLY needs to get out well ahead of Adele.

Union J are now signed to Epic

which I guess is the same as not being signed

payme.gif

10. ONE DIRECTION – Story Of My Life: 77.414 (+ 0.017)

Yes. Story of My Longevity has gotten several positive updates in the last week.

Spent almost 5 solid months in the top 20 of the hot 100.

Their album is also about to go platinum in Japan and is still in the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom