• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

Mau ®;108981570 said:
Actual Fashion Icon Rihanna for Vogue Brazil

BlxQJhdCQAAuCgj.jpg

Slé a bit, Ms. Fenty.

FIRRF vs

mom realness
OutTs8A.jpg

What kind of flawlessness? Followed.

Also, if ya'll aren't into Owl Eyes yet, get into her:

She released half of her album (one of the best pop albums released last year) from last year as an EP. Pretty much all the songs on the EP are quality.
pSlGFJ5.gif
Great tracks like Golden Lies, Find Out, Jewels & Sapphires, and Hurricane were excluded for some reason though.

My favs on the album: Open Up, Find Out, Golden Lies, Saltwater, Diamonds In Her Eyes.

Also, this remix is perfect: Jewels & Sapphires (Goldroom Remix)

SaintZ

Feeling slightly melancholic right now, so here's an "oldie" that fits my current mood. I think that most of you might like this song (some of you are probably familiar with this guy's music).

City and Colour - Hello, I'm in Delaware
I really like this. I added it to my Spotify playlist so I can remember to check his stuff later, bless
pSlGFJ5.gif

I have been meaning to post these since the songs got released earlier this year but I kept forgetting so here they are: Pop folk sisters The Pierces (of Pretty Little Liars fame) released two promo songs from their upcoming album, Creation:

Kings
Believe In Me

I love their sound (their two last alberms are pretty amazing tbh, love the retro feeling of the songs) and how crafty they are with the videos.

ETA: IT'S COMING TONIGHT

Blx2ygtCQAEY0dF.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Roisin Murphy is returning in style this year:

"I have been incredibly productive of late actually. I've got a finished project which is called (...) Mi Senti, an Italian language project, where I sing in Italian. That will come out in May. And I'm working on an album, a Roisin Murphy album, which is going really well. I've got a single coming out on Eskimo records soon called Leviathan, which is a collaboration with Freeform Five. I'm doing another house music EP. I've been lazy for a long time, I've had two children, but it's all starting to converge at one time, it's like buses."

42b58c92d63a4b89d5f491545e49d76f.jpg

The EP is a collection of six Italian songs – including five covers of classic pop hits from Italian singers and songwriters, and one original song by Murphy. The EP was recorded over the last year, at home in North London and in Ibiza, with her partner (and Milanese music producer) Sebastiano Properzi, along with producer Eddie Stevens. Released on May 28 2014 on vinyl and digital formats.

1. Ancora Ancora Ancora
2. Pensiero Stupendo (clip)
3. Ancora Tu
4. In Sintesi
5. Non Credere
6. La Gatta

artworks-000069985730-3a7jcw-t500x500.jpg

Leviathan + hour-long Leviathan remix EP

^ Feels like that one's been in the works for ages. Live snippets have been on youtube since at least 2011.

Atlantis

What kind of flawlessness? Followed.

She released half of her album (one of the best pop albums released last year) from last year as an EP. Pretty much all the songs on the EP are quality.
pSlGFJ5.gif
Great tracks like Golden Lies, Find Out, Jewels & Sapphires, and Hurricane were excluded for some reason though.

My favs on the album: Open Up, Find Out, Golden Lies, Saltwater, Diamonds In Her Eyes.

Also, this remix is perfect: Jewels & Sapphires (Goldroom Remix)

Yasss, stan her.

AigcPog.gif

Jewels & Sapphires is my forever jam.

I was percheD since Yours Truly is the best debut album by a gerl this decade, but there's not a single thing about that snippet that's exciting or cute.

SaintZ

Hello Kitty Music Video!!!!!

hellokteklk.gif

It's a boring, low budget mess and Avril looks over it. At least she looked good. This should have been an over the top trainwreck tbh. I wanted to make a thread about this but I'm not sure anymore. Give You What You Like can't come soon enough.

Bladenic

Let me see your body move on the floor like ten minutes ago
Shake shake shake your body
Move on the floor like ten minutes ago
Winning in every place cuz you're my lucky ace
Dj turn off the bass
Winning in every place cuz you're my lucky ace
Everybody do it on the floor

One of the Romanian Rihanna's finer bops tbh.

Vazduh

What kind of perfected John Mayer.

He's really good, isn't he? Bless for listening. Since he's also a damn good live performer, here are two videos you might like:

City and Colour - What Makes a Man (feat. Pink)
City and Colour - Settle Down (Kimbra Cover)

Btw, SaintZ, you don't have to listen to his entire discography, just stick to his first two albums, Sometimes and Bring Me Your Love. The rest are solid, but unremarkable.

WaiT. I LOVE this *.* Imma give her a listen.

Britney & Sia - Passenger (Acoustic version)

Includes a lot of Sia and Britney's unaltered vocals.

This is probably the first and the last time I'll say this, but Britney actually sounded better than Sia.

I have been meaning to post these since the songs got released earlier this year but I kept forgetting so here they are: Pop folk sisters The Pierces (of Pretty Little Liars fame) released two promo songs from their upcoming album, Creation:

Kings
Believe In Me

I love their sound (their two last alberms are pretty amazing tbh, love the retro feeling of the songs) and how crafty they are with the videos.

Hmm... I really like this. I'm definitely giving them a listen, thanks for posting this!

Mau ®;109030008 said:

45956651.jpg

Beckii Cruel remains the the unbothered
unwanted
white pop figure in Japan.

But Avril looks over it during that video kasndfdfsf

So this Beckii Cruel is just... OH MY GOD!

kgSHSAp.gif

As for Avril's video, she could have done something fun and tongue-in-cheek, but this was just pointless. Meh. Disappointed!

One of the Romanian Rihanna's finer bops tbh.

Who else but rINNAhanna?
pSlGFJ5.gif
pSlGFJ5.gif

Yesterday I got my life to J'Adore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom