• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

Vire

Would anyone be kind enough to help me get the Professor Portal achievement on 360?

5-oTKkM=.jpg
"After completing co-op, complete Calibration Course online with a friend who hasn’t played before"

I have a dummy account that I just created, all you would have to do is recover it and then help me beat the first level. I would be more than glad to help get it for you in return. :)

Thanks!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
This might have been covered, but I can't delete Portal 2 off my harddrive. Steam is preventing it because the authoring tools are using the game. What do I need to do?

ElRenoRaven

StuBurns said:
It's a very impressive function, and redeeming was completely painless. However real Steam is not going to come to the consoles. This is about as much as we'll get.

Hey I can dream damn it. And even if it isn't full functionality what PS3 has for Portal would be fine. Overall I just love how cool valve are.

You buy PS3 version you get steam integration and a free pc copy. You just can't beat that one bit. I wish other companies would learn from them and do the same.

Anyway back on topic of the game. I so have to find some friends to play it with. I so wanna co-op and do a couple of the co-op achievements.

A Human Becoming said:
This might have been covered, but I can't delete Portal 2 off my harddrive. Steam is preventing it because the authoring tools are using the game. What do I need to do?

Authoring tools should be in the "Tools" section of your library. Remove them first.

Just beat the Light Bridge section of co-op with a friend, and I didn't get the trophy/achievement and he did. Whats up with that? Can we just replay the last section, and I'd get it?

big ander

Blu_LED said:
Just beat the Light Bridge section of co-op with a friend, and I didn't get the trophy/achievement and he did. Whats up with that? Can we just replay the last section, and I'd get it?
Yeah, this happened to me too. Played the entire thing through, but I was told that I hadn't completed just one chamber in one section. Had to replay it.

Just tried the Coop. I only intended to play for a few minutes to see how it works, but we somehow kept playing for almost 2 hours. I played with a complete stranger without a headset or anything; and it was pretty amazing how well we worked together. Sure, that'll probably not work on later chambers, but beating the first two courses was still pretty satisfying considering the communication handicap. :p

Dunlop

sure its in this thread somewhere but are my PS3 trophies supposed to synch with my steam profile?

...cause they are not

I second the holy shit is co op awesome vote

StuBurns

Banned
Dunlop said:
sure its in this thread somewhere but are my PS3 trophies supposed to synch with my steam profile?

...cause they are not

I second the holy shit is co op awesome vote
They should yeah, mine did.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I can't seem to connect to my Steam account in Portal 2 now that PSN is back. Should I just give it some time or is this widespread?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's because I tried linking it when PSN went down again. I didn't see the error message.

thetechkid

So I did most of the single player achievements on my PS3, and just finished all the co-op ones and about to go do the ones I skipped in single player. Will I still get the trophies for the ones I did on steam or do I have to redo them on the PS3?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Anyone wanna do the Triple Crown, the Friends List with Benefits, or Professor Portal trophy with me?

PSN: Daniel_Gonzz

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
thetechkid said:
So I did most of the single player achievements on my PS3, and just finished all the co-op ones and about to go do the ones I skipped in single player. Will I still get the trophies for the ones I did on steam or do I have to redo them on the PS3?

You'll have to re-do them. Steamworks allows Steam achievements completed on the PS3 to cross-over to the PC, however Valve have no control over allowing achievements completed on PC/Mac to unlock Trophies on the PS3.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
thetechkid said:
Only Trophies -> Achievements work. Achievements -> Trophies won't work (I think it has something to do with the way the PS3 registers trophies).

I bought a new Mac today and downloaded my free PC copy from the PS3 version.

OMG.

The PS3 version is nice, but you notice so much more on a high end PC. Time to sell my PS3 copy now, joined the master race. =P

Dunlop

thanks for the info, must have beens ome kind of weird time delay cause mine are there now. I saw it synch on the PS3 when I beat the game and made post a couple of hours later

BeeDog

Anyone up for some noob co-op'ing later today? I'm going to play on PS3, and I haven't played through co-op at all, aside from roughly the first two levels in split-screen. :)

PSN is same as my GAF nick.

Footos22

BeeDog said:
Anyone up for some noob co-op'ing later today? I'm going to play on PS3, and I haven't played through co-op at all, aside from roughly the first two levels in split-screen. :)

PSN is same as my GAF nick.

Im down if you're about at 9pm, Footos22 is my PSN

Activated my Steam copy last night, booted it up quick to check out the fidelity increase and ended up playing straight through until Chapter 7. 2nd playthrough though, so it's nice just running through massive levels that took me 20-30 mins before. Love this game.

BeeDog

De4th Strike said:
Im down if you're about at 9pm, Footos22 is my PSN

Should work well, are you from NA or EU? I'm EU, and would prefer to play with Europeans.

But either way, if it's 9 PM (GMT+1), it should work well!

Otacon

now that PSN is back, I'd like to play some co-op with my gf
so, do we need a 2nd copy or can we play co-op using only the PS3 version and the code for the Mac version?
neither of us has a steam account yet...

StuBurns

Banned
Otacon said:
now that PSN is back, I'd like to play some co-op with my gf
so, do we need a 2nd copy or can we play co-op using only the PS3 version and the code for the Mac version?
neither of us has a steam account yet...
You can do it with the single retail copy. Register the Steam version, make a new PSN account for the PS3 version.

StuBurns said:
You can do it with the single retail copy. Register the Steam version, make a new PSN account for the PS3 version.

along the same lines, since you don't have a Steam account yet, make a new PSN account first and register the Steam copy to that so you can continue to use your old PSN account.

StuBurns

Banned
ThingontheFloor said:
along the same lines, since you don't have a Steam account yet, make a new PSN account first and register the Steam copy to that so you can continue to use your old PSN account.
That really depends on if you care more about having Portal 2 on steam or some PSN trophies. I'd say register the game on your real account.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

paskowitz

I am probably going to get killed for saying this... but I didn't really like this game. I rented it and I am happy I did. It certainly wasn't bad, I just was not overwhelmed. The writing was funny and some of the puzzle were fun, but I found them to be either too short or too easy. Co-op is also fun and a bit more challenging, but not wore off after 2 days. The first game was so original, that the second just doesn't do it for me. Same thing with LBP 1 and 2.

ULTROS! said:
fuck yeah

Congrats, I got /1000 a few weeks ago. Nothing too difficult, only nerveracking one was was completing Course 4 on coop without dying. Had to deal with a slight bit of lag, my palms were sweaty during the last chamber for sure.

Otacon

StuBurns said:
That really depends on if you care more about having Portal 2 on steam or some PSN trophies. I'd say register the game on your real account.

I have 4 PSN accounts and don't care for trophies at all.
so, I register the PS3 version using one of my PSN accounts
then log-in to Steam on the Mac with this account (?) and download the game using the code that came with the game
and then my gf can play the Mac version while I play the PS3 one using another PSN account?

ULTROS!

ThingontheFloor said:
Congrats, I got /1000 a few weeks ago. Nothing too difficult, only nerveracking one was was completing Course 4 on coop without dying. Had to deal with a slight bit of lag, my palms were sweaty during the last chamber for sure.

Oh that? Did you do it with a partner?

I did it solo.

foreveralone.gif

Otacon said:
I have 4 PSN accounts and don't care for trophies at all.
so, I register the PS3 version using one of my PSN accounts
then log-in to Steam on the Mac with this account (?) and download the game using the code that came with the game
and then my gf can play the Mac version while I play the PS3 one using another PSN account?

Correct, I'd suggest linking the Steam account with your main PSN account (if you have one) in case you ever start using Steam more often (you should!) since they'll be linked for-ev-er.

Otacon

ThingontheFloor said:
Correct, I'd suggest linking the Steam account with your main PSN account (if you have one) in case you ever start using Steam more often (you should!) since they'll be linked for-ev-er.
alright, will do =)
thanks a lot ThingontheFloor & StuBurns

ULTROS!

ThingontheFloor said:
haha, uuugh, navigating those spike plates with 2 controllers 1 hand must've been a hellride. platinum trophy + 1

Nah, that doesn't compare to solo-ing the 5th dungeon. Now that dungeon is slightly insane on solo.

ULTROS!

DarknessTear said:
I dig your Ultros drawing, bro. I need to get the Professor Portal trophy somehow. And the hugging one. I hugged my bro (in game) now I just need two more!

I can give ya a hug though. :p

Just add me up (check my profile).

DarknessTear said:
I dig your Ultros drawing, bro. I need to get the Professor Portal trophy somehow. And the hugging one. I hugged my bro (in game) now I just need two more!

If you know someone online that wants to trade with you, you can just make dummy PSN accounts for both of these. For Professor Portal, just invite them to your game and run through the calibration course. The hugging one I'm pretty sure has to be with people on your friends list however, in-game doesn't count.

Footos22

BeeDog said:
Should work well, are you from NA or EU? I'm EU, and would prefer to play with Europeans.

But either way, if it's 9 PM (GMT+1), it should work well!

Yep, Im in the Uk usually on about then until 12ish.

StuBurns

Banned
Hey guys, I just tried some co-op with a mate, and he got an achievement for finishing the first section of challenges and I didn't. And we kept switching characters for some reason, what's going on?

I finally transferred Portal 2 over to my Steam account from the PS3, but it's not launching when I click "Play." Instead, it brings up a "Launcher Error."
Portal 2 Launcher Error said:
Failed to load the launcher DLL:

The specified module could not be found.
What should I do?

Ok quick question.

When you link your account to a steam account, can that steam account see PS3 friends list or anything? What exactly changes on the PC side of steam?

Top Bottom