• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

Spwn

shinobi602 said:
So, basically I can use Steam on my PS3?

Meh...that's what my PC is for.

360 version it is then.

Go with the 360 version if you have friends you want to co-op with on Xbox Live. If not, you should note the cross-platform play between PS3 and PC.

big ander

Disappointing that ColonialRaptor got banned. What he did wasn't smart, but he clearly didn't mean it maliciously in the slightest. I've barely heard of him as a member, but just through this topic he seemed cool. I mean, he made half these avatars.

Chairhome said:
Was planning on not buying this and waiting... Best Buy is selling the PS3/360 versions for $45 now, and PC for $35.

Eesh. If I didn't get caught up in the hype train, I probably could have waited for an extra $10 off. And I have a BB gift card too, so I could have gotten it for even less.

Oh well, it's Portal, and Valve, not too disappointed.

Mr_Brit

Banned
big ander said:
Disappointing that ColonialRaptor got banned. What he did wasn't smart, but he clearly didn't mean it maliciously in the slightest. I've barely heard of him as a member, but just through this topic he seemed cool. I mean, he made half these avatars.
What did he do?

oh hai guys
7421M.jpg

CoolS

Wah, bail out.

Naj but seriously I am out for today. Will be interesting how far the bar is tomorrow/if there is any news on the unlock :)

onlyindreams said:
Playing now :D

I was worried the PS3 version would need to wait until Valve unlocks it on Steam but it's all good!
Could you by any chance show the menu screen for proof. Enclose it in spoiler tags please as I'm sure some would get upset at seeing the menu screen. I know what it looks like so I would like to see proof you're playing it!

ashbash159 said:
Could you by any chance show the menu screen for proof. Enclose it in spoiler tags please as I'm sure some would get upset at seeing the menu screen. I know what it looks like so I would like to see proof you're playing it!
here you go

http://i.imgur.com/sLrFz.jpg

So, I see that the store page or this game states it has controller support, and even has a little pic of a controller that looks like a 360 pad. Now, I see that HL2 also has this icon on the store page. When I try to play HL2 with my 360 pad, though, the analogs are not recognized properly.

Is there anyway to use my 360pad with Source games? I know of Xpadder, and I love it to death, but native support is always nice.

Kyaw

Not watching, i've stayed away from Portal 2 media as much as i can. (apart from those Investment trailers)

MUST. RESIST.

I was planning on getting it for the PC (want the mouse for this), but not sure if my PC can handle it. Don't really play much on it, so I'm sorta ignorant when it comes to specs. What do you guys think?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2.80 GHz
2 GB RAM
Vista Home 32-bit
Radeon X1300/X1550 Series

kylej

Banned
heee.png

lol. Had a $20 certificate from a previous game purchase, and got a $10 certificate back for buying it. Thanks Best Buy!

HurricaneJesus said:
So, I see that the store page or this game states it has controller support, and even has a little pic of a controller that looks like a 360 pad. Now, I see that HL2 also has this icon on the store page. When I try to play HL2 with my 360 pad, though, the analogs are not recognized properly.

Is there anyway to use my 360pad with Source games? I know of Xpadder, and I love it to death, but native support is always nice.

Native support in every HL2/Portal/l4d game is perfect. Not sure where your issue is but every one I've played with the 360 controller was perfect. I would expect this to as well.

balladofwindfishes said:
If I pre-order from Gamestop, do I get a Portal 2 pin in TF2?

Because I'm leaning towards Best Buy if the answer is no.
If you get your copy before 4/19 I suppose you will get it. That's the deadline according to TF2 blog.

On BestBuy.com it says Portal 2 is $44.99, is that the same price for in-store too?

I know it says something about ordering it on the site and then picking it up at the nearest Best Buy, is that the only way you can get the game for $44.99? Or can I just walk into Best Buy on Tuesday and get it for the same price?

kylej

Banned
7echnicolor said:
On BestBuy.com it says Portal 2 is $44.99, is that the same price for in-store too?

I know it says something about ordering it on the site and then picking it up at the nearest Best Buy, is that the only way you can get the game for $44.99? Or can I just walk into Best Buy on Tuesday and get it for the same price?

Just pre-order it and pick it up in store. Why worry?

7echnicolor said:

I'm wondering this as well, sadly, the answer to this question will determine whether I'll purchase this (now) or not.

Sgt.Pepper said:
If you get your copy before 4/19 I suppose you will get it. That's the deadline according to TF2 blog.
Yea, Steam forums is telling me no, but my gut is saying yes, since that was the case for L4D2. If you pre-ordered L4D2 from anywhere you still got the TF2 item.

Edit:
So I finally went "Wait... why am I going to pay 15 dollars for some stupid armor or a pin?"
I can't believe... they almost got me.

Anyway, I just ordered it from BestBuy. 35 dollars for a new game, and possibly a GOTY, is just ridiculous.

Be wary of posting in Reddit threads if you don't want to get spoiled!

Just a head's up. There are trolls sending PMs to everyone in the thread with the ending in the title.

I was a little pissed, but it's not like I'm playing the game just find out what was in the sentence. It's the journey, not the destination!

Top Bottom