• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
the red bar isnt the amount of users its the amount of time played i believe earlier it had 4k users and the red bar was tiny now it only has about 2k people playing and the bar is much much much larger

edit: nm its at 5k now but the bar is almost triple the size it was when it was only 4k people

7echnicolor said:
On BestBuy.com it says Portal 2 is $44.99, is that the same price for in-store too?

I know it says something about ordering it on the site and then picking it up at the nearest Best Buy, is that the only way you can get the game for $44.99? Or can I just walk into Best Buy on Tuesday and get it for the same price?

I'm wondering this as well Edit: Not a deciding factor.

Nabs

Rygar 8 Bit said:
the red bar isnt the amount of users its the amount of time played i believe earlier it had 4k users and the red bar was tiny now it only has about 2k people playing and the bar is much much much larger
That wasn't what I was getting at. The games with more owners seem to be the hardest to fill.

DarkKyo

Question: Will I get the portal pin in TF2 if I went in on a two-pack with someone and I'm not the one who actually purchased the set with my card? This worries me :(

Nizz

onlyindreams said:
Playing now :D

I was worried the PS3 version would need to wait until Valve unlocks it on Steam but it's all good!
How's the game looking/running on PS3? I'm so tempted to pre-order this on Amazon. I have a ten dollar credit I'm itching to use.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The guy on the stream sucks so much at this game holy shit. It's just like an intro to platforming and he sucks so fucking much.

I will say no more. Do not watch, there are petty, petty spoilers someone will inevitably cry about.

enzo_gt said:
The guy on the stream sucks so much at this game holy shit. It's just like an intro to platforming and he sucks so fucking much.

I will say no more. Do not watch, there are petty, petty spoilers someone will inevitably cry about.
I hate watching people play puzzle game. I almost always think of how to complete the puzzle before the person playing does. What I noticed most however is that a lot of people don't explore the whole environment before concluding how to complete the puzzle. Get on my bloody nerves.

29148f1ac1664e8c8dcbfe2.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ashbash159 said:
I hate watching people play puzzle game. I almost always think of how to complete the puzzle before the person playing does. What I noticed most however is that a lot of people don't explore the whole environment before concluding how to complete the puzzle. Get on my bloody nerves.
Yeah I never stayed that long, back on blackout now with game just finishing pre-loading now.

big ander

So it looks like it's about 1/6 or 1/7 of the way there after 10.5 hours. At this rate it will come out early Monday/late Sunday. It could speed up though.
Could slow down too.

DarkKyo

big ander said:
So it looks like it's about 1/6 or 1/7 of the way there after 10.5 hours. At this rate it will come out early Monday/late Saturday. It could speed up though.
Could slow down too.
Monday or late Saturday? That's a huge difference in maybes....

Alright, well I finished Portal after purchasing it earlier today.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and get Portal 2 day one. Very fun game. The final bit of the game from Test Chamber 18 and on frustrated the hell out of me, but whenever I was able to figure it out, I felt pretty good about myself. That's one thing I love about the game, the solutions aren't obvious, but it's difficulty is really well-tuned, so when inevitably figure out the solution, it feels rewarding. Really dig that. Also, Glados is funny and a bitch. Why are you so murderous, evil AI?

I hope Portal 2 will have a deeper storyline though. I really dug Half-Life 2's tale (despite its silent protagonist - I often complain about them, but I can let Freeman go), and I hope Portal 2 will do more with its storyline than Portal did, but it was a solid three hours of good fun. Really enjoyed it.

Shit, I shoulda played this three years ago. I AM A FOOL.

I also read the Portal comic that bridges the gap between Portal 1 and 2.
Feel so bad for Doug...

Koodo

Banned
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Also, Glados is funny and a bitch. Why are you so murderous, evil AI?
Excuse me, GLaDOS is flawless and a beacon of pastry generosity. I frequently let Chell get killed because I couldn't bring myself to destroy such an ethereal computer Queen.

Nizz

Fuck it, I went ahead and pre-ordered the PS3 version. Should be tight since Valve themselves worked on it.

mandiller

Does anyone know if those youtube videos of the supposed singleplayer and Co-op finales posted with the other video of
blueprint plans
ENDING SPOILERS etc were legit? Are they actually the end of the game
I clicked on them :-/
or were they somehow part of the ARG?

Feep

Banned
I know several stores in Los Angeles breaking street dates...my friend grabbed a copy today...but I don't support such things.

Steam4lyfe

Ugh! I'm stuck. I feel like I'm just missing some minor step that will make it all click into place, but I've tried everything I can think of and wasted over 2 hours in this one room.

So... I give up. I need a walkthrough ;_;

stupei

Okay, GAF. Logic says go PS3, but in general I prefer the 360 controller and most of my friends are going to be playing it on 360.

I'm... almost tempted to double dip, but I dunno. That almost sounds crazy. (I'm almost not sure I care.)

Thoughts?

stupei said:
Okay, GAF. Logic says go PS3, but in general I prefer the 360 controller and most of my friends are going to be playing it on 360.

I'm... almost tempted to double dip, but I dunno. That almost sounds crazy. (I'm almost not sure I care.)

Thoughts?
If most of your friends are going to be playing it on the 360, and you prefer the 360 controller- go with the 360 version.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dance In My Blood said:
Likely real, supposedly easily extracted via GCFs from the pre-load. Has nothing to do with pirates.

All the pre-loaded Portal 2 files are heavily encrypted. The leaked videos didn't come the PC/Mac GCFs, but the leaked PS360 copies of the game itself.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
JaseC said:
All the pre-loaded Portal 2 files are heavily encrypted. The leaked videos didn't come the PC/Mac GCFs, but the leaked PS360 copies of the game itself.
Ah, my mistake. Shouldn't have believed internet hear-say about it.

Wow. Just solved the puzzle I was stuck on. Can't believe how satisfying it felt when that lightbulb clicked in my head and I realized exactly what to do. This game is brilliant.

So, are the Portal and Half-Life universes gonna link up in the future, or with this cryo-future thing, is that not ever gonna happen?

I wonder how many people would lose their minds if the G-Man just randomly showed up in Portal 2. That'd be awesome.
<--- Just speculation.

Forkball

Posts showing that someone got the game early without telling where and why is seriously a douchebag thing to do. You could at least say, "I found it at this mom and pop store in Seattle check it out other GAFfers" etc.

Zep

Banned
Forkball said:
Posts showing that someone got the game early without telling where and why is seriously a douchebag thing to do. You could at least say, "I found it at this mom and pop store in Seattle check it out other GAFfers" etc.

Seeing how big the fines can get for selling early, I'd keep it to myself. Not gonna spoil me getting games early!

Yerolo

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
So, are the Portal and Half-Life universes gonna link up in the future, or with this cryo-future thing, is that not ever gonna happen?

Considering the Borealis is seen in Ep 2, it can be said HL and Portal already exist in the same universe.

Top Bottom