• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

Chairhome said:
Was planning on not buying this and waiting... Best Buy is selling the PS3/360 versions for $45 now, and PC for $35.

Thanks for the heads-up! Had some gift cards I was going to use at Best Buy on Tuesday anyway, but the extra $15 off is a nice bonus.

punkypine

so i beat portal 1, hl2 and am about halfway through episode 1... i wanna play portal 2, but i'm afraid to play it if it has connections to Ep2 until i'm done those... but i probably wont have time to do all that until june

argh

Rengoku

My avatar's portal ready, and eagerly anticipating the release on Tuesday.

I'm afraid assholes will leak spoilers onto this forum and reddit ahead of time, have to tread carefully, or just avoid the sites altogether :S

njean777 said:
I just beat portal I know LTTP but I have to say AMAZING. I finally get the jokes about CAKE BEING A LIE.
cutting_edge.png

MNC

zychi said:
GOTY for me so far and I haven't even touched co-op. Sooooo good. Gotta love mom n pop stores in chicago
Fuck you, are you serious?

How long did it take you to beat the main campaign? Is all I want to know.

njean777 said:
I just beat portal I know LTTP but I have to say AMAZING. I finally get the jokes about CAKE BEING A LIE.
Same here, just finished it last night. I played until lvl 18 when it came out, but gave up for some reason and never went back. I'm glad I finished it though, the last level was just brilliantly amazing. And the credit song 'Still Alive' had me loling the entire way.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
zychi said:
GOTY for me so far and I haven't even touched co-op. Sooooo good. Gotta love mom n pop stores in chicago
Pirating is bad, mmk?

Disclaimer: you may actually have a legitimate game and I'm just a bitter asshole.

sn00zer said:
Really IMPORTANT question....
Is there local splitscreen for the PC version?...not having it would be borderline sadist.
I'm pretty sure there is, I think you have to enable it in the same way you enable L4D2 split screen.

So those who watched the end of the game from leaked copies on streams (or for those who have the game), is there ANY reference to Episode 3/HL3?

Edit: In spoiler tags, of course.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dax01 said:
So those who watched the end of the game from leaked copies on streams (or for those who have the game), is there ANY reference to Episode 3/HL3?

And with that question, I am done perusing this thread! See you all... whenever I finish the game, I suppose!

Dax01 said:

Edit: In spoiler tags, of course.

From the SP campaign:

ENDING SPOILERS
not a goddamn thing if I could tell and I know a shitload about the HL-universe :-(

Ifrit

So, has it been confirmed if you can play cross platform online coop with the same copy of Portal 2 using the free PC Portal 2 Code?

What I mean is, using the free PC copy on steam account A linked to PSN account A play coop with a PSN account B linked to steam account B (which doesn't use the free PC copy code since account A used it) using the disc on the PS3? Account A using PC and Acount B using the PS3

What I'm trying to do is get a PS3 copy of Portal 2 and play online coop with my brother using my PC and my brother's PS3, each of us both have individual PSN and Steam accounts

derFeef said:
This thread is getting dangerous... must be careful using my mouse.

Yeah I agree, I think it would be best to lay off on spoiler bracketed stuff here too until the game is out and an eventual spoiler thread is made. We don't want people accidentally highlighting stuff.

If you really want to know you can always reddit or Youtube walkthroughs and ending movies. Hell even Mortal Kombat already has a spoiler thread with all the story mode movies leaked so.....and the game isn't even out officially.

I personally don't care about spoilers anymore. Genuine discovery in a game died for me when Internet was introduced into my life. Even a little before that when I bought strategy guides, I ALWAYS looked what the final boss would be.

Sometimes I miss that feeling but usually not anymore, only exception being E3 nowadays.

brotkasten said:
was waiting for this to come out sometime. Jealousy I have for all those lucky enough to get it early. How long do Gamestop preorders take to ship generally?

Ifrit said:
So, has it been confirmed if you can play cross platform online coop with the same copy of Portal 2 using the free PC Portal 2 Code?
It's been confirmed (i forget where exactly) that by linking your psn and Steam accounts, your PSN becomes just an alternate login method for your original PC steam account. As such, you would have to be logged into the same account from 2 different places, which can't be done on Steam.

So long story short, no, you won't be able to coop using the PS3 + free Steam copy.

punkypine said:
so i beat portal 1, hl2 and am about halfway through episode 1... i wanna play portal 2, but i'm afraid to play it if it has connections to Ep2 until i'm done those... but i probably wont have time to do all that until june

argh
If you're halfway through ep 1 already, you don't have a ton of game left to go through. Episode 1 is about 3 hours I think? And Episode 2 is 5-6ish.

Deprive yourself of sleep one night and plow through em.

zychi

Banned
MNC said:
Fuck you, are you serious?

How long did it take you to beat the main campaign? Is all I want to know.
About 6 or 7 hours. I played on and off for the majority of yesterday. I had this same experience with the Orange Box and Portal 1 where Gamestop shipped me nearly a week early. I had all these awesome spoilers stuck in my head with no one to talk about it.

cnizzle06

Banned
zychi said:
About 6 or 7 hours. I played on and off for the majority of yesterday. I had this same experience with the Orange Box and Portal 1 where Gamestop shipped me nearly a week early. I had all these awesome spoilers stuck in my head with no one to talk about it.

Just answer this, will it meet our overly-inflated expectations?

Ifrit

CrunchyFrog said:
It's been confirmed (i forget where exactly) that by linking your psn and Steam accounts, your PSN becomes just an alternate login method for your original PC steam account. As such, you would have to be logged into the same account from 2 different places, which can't be done on Steam.

So long story short, no, you won't be able to coop using the PS3 + free Steam copy.

But as I said, what if I'm NOT logged in the same account on both devices?

My brother would be playing the disc version logged into HIS psn account linked to HIS steam account, while I would be playing the free copy on PC logged into MY steam account linked to MY psn account

Anyone knows if that's possible?

zychi said:
Sent you a PM.

Sai-kun

Banned
zychi said:
Sent you a PM about this :D I'm driving around today for Record Store Day anyways, P2 would be a sweet bonus.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
New file has come out of the ARG, related to what is probably a certain boat that Half-Life fans will know about. The file was a rar with text doc, reading:

---LOG FROM [ REDACTED ], BY J.H. TO C.J.---

1. We designed the entire thing to be very, very durable. It was easy to get the materials since everyone's been thinking
it's a simple icebreaker ship. Ha.

2. We have made sure to strip it of anything not necessary, so that we have plenty of space for it. It doesn't have any
backup supplies in the event the crew runs out of food, though. And there isn't much food onboard in the first place.

3. In the event you need to send it off all of a sudden, use the OR box with code 'hb1'.

That's all, C.J. Not much else I can tell you other than this won't leave a blight on our record. Mesa is going to be sore
when they see what we've done.

Make of it whatever you will.

derFeef

EatChildren said:
New file has come out of the ARG, related to what is probably a certain boat that Half-Life fans will know about. The file was a rar with text doc, reading:
Make of it whatever you will.
Wonder what the "B" was in the first place. Sounds interesting.

Top Bottom