• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

(._.)

Banned
wow some of you really need to chill out and be careful at what you look at...

don't ruin the game for yourselves smh

EDIT: and I agree. sometimes spoilers are highlighted on accident. everybody chill out talking about the story till the game is out ffs.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Just made this as a spoof on Cave Johnson, and made an avatar if anyone wants it :)

cavejohnsoncopy.jpg

cave-johnson-gaf.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I was staying out of this thread for fear of spoilers and I guess that was a good call. You won't see me again until after Tuesday. Congrats to everyone that has early copies. I'm jealous.

smuf said:
Can anyone who got the PS3 version early say how well it runs?
Actually I'll stick around for someone to comment on this.

Koodo

Banned
I haven't read the spoiler but I don't understand the need to even provide that much detail to such a straightforward question.

A simple YES, NO, AMBIGUOUS would have sufficed.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, so like 6 months ago I gave my friend an old iPhone.
Didn't really think anything of it because it was just sitting in a box unused.

But he just GIFTED ME PORTAL2!!!!!!!! Oh my god!!!!!!! I'm so fucking pumped right now.

I couldn't really afford it and was gonna just wait. But now I can play it like the rest of ya!
Now I just gotta install Windows on my MBP to get some extra performance.

Koodo

Banned
Jtwo said:
Holy shit, so like 6 months ago I gave my friend an old iPhone.
Didn't really think anything of it because it was just sitting in a box unused.

But he just GIFTED ME PORTAL2!!!!!!!! Oh my god!!!!!!! I'm so fucking pumped right now.

I couldn't really afford it and was gonna just wait. But now I can play it like the rest of ya!
Now I just gotta install Windows on my MBP to get some extra performance.
GURL YOU ARE OFFICIAL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, CELEBRATE!

xfnczb.jpg

Nizz

smuf said:
Can anyone who got the PS3 version early say how well it runs?

lolez2matt said:
To me it runs fine... No slowdowns in the thirty minutes I played and steam cloud is cool and fast :3

That's good news. I'm excited as hell. Thank Amazon for their .99 cents release date delivery. :)

masterkajo

Facism said:
Uk copies of Portal 2 PS3 come with pc version too ya?
This. Also anyone have any infos of how many steam accounts can be made on one PS3? Would like to coop with my brother via PS3 and PC without double dipping full price.

Welp, I'll listening to the JoCo of Still Alive on repeat. I thought I'd enough of it after 3 years but obviously not. Man I'm hyped! I hope there's a song in P2 as good as this.

JRW

Ive read the 360 version runs at a solid 30fps as well but personally Im waiting for PC version to unlock.. (steam preorder)

S1kkZ

JRW said:
Ive read the 360 version runs at a solid 30fps as well but personally Im waiting for PC version to unlock.. (steam preorder)
where did you read that? i only saw the giantbomb quicklook and the 360 version had some framerate issues (stutter). maybe it was their videoplayer but the game was not running with solid 30fps.

How many chapters in the game? Im about 6 chapters in, taken me 3 hours so far. Game is great. Music is fantastic, as is voice acting (stephen merchant rules). Im stuck right now though, no idea what to do..

DevelopmentArrested said:
How many chapters in the game? Im about 6 chapters in, taken me 3 hours so far. Game is great. Music is fantastic, as is voice acting (stephen merchant rules). Im stuck right now though, no idea what to do..
I think you might be at the exact same spot I'm at. Is there a
big, rusty APERTURE SCIENCE INNOVATIONS
sign?

onlyindreams said:
I think you might be at the exact same spot I'm at. Is there a
big, rusty APERTURE SCIENCE INNOVATIONS
sign?
Yes!

i think youre supposed to do a long jump across the map but the fucking sign gets in my way every time!!

DevelopmentArrested said:
Yes!

i think youre supposed to do a long jump across the map but the fucking sign gets in my way every time!!
Ugh, that's what I thought but
if I don't end up hitting the sign I land riiiiiight in front of that platform across the way every time. It doesn't seem possible to make it the whole way.

Let me know if you figure it out. I gave it 2 hours before giving up.

How big is the download if you already own all the other Source games?

I heard 10.2 GB, but is that true? I've noticed in the past that the downloads are shortened if you already have Source Engine stuff.

Getting PS3/PC, but I really want to play on PC. I doubt I can wait a while for it to download when I only get 150-300 KB/S on my campus.

JRW

Inferno313 said:
How big is the download if you already own all the other Source games?

I heard 10.2 GB, but is that true? I've noticed in the past that the downloads are shortened if you already have Source Engine stuff.

Getting PS3/PC, but I really want to play on PC. I doubt I can wait a while for it to download when I only get 150-300 KB/S on my campus.

It was a 10GB download for me and I already have a ton of source games in Steam.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone who has the game answer my question about load times? :)

onlyindreams said:
Ugh, that's what I thought but
if I don't end up hitting the sign I land riiiiiight in front of that platform across the way every time. It doesn't seem possible to make it the whole way.

Let me know if you figure it out. I gave it 2 hours before giving up.
Yup i tried for an hour too, its just not possible!

Mithos

Gold Member
masterkajo said:
This. Also anyone have any infos of how many steam accounts can be made on one PS3? Would like to coop with my brother via PS3 and PC without double dipping full price.

I'm sorry to say most people in this thread don't understand that question one single bit, as you can read through the entire thread in the way they answer.

I also hope to get the REAL answer to this (guess we need to wait until PC-version is unlocked on Steam though).

PSN-A -Link-> Steam-A -> Go PC -> enter code -> Download PC version.
PSN-B -Link-> Steam-B

PC - Play with PSN-A/Steam-A
PS3 - Play with PSN-B/Steam-B

Co-op working this way or not?

Hayvic

onlyindreams said:
I bet there's some ridiculously simple solution here and we're gonna feel like idiots when we get past it.

There is indeed a very simple solution:

I got back at you for tempting me to highlight spoilertags

Top Bottom