• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Jasoco said:
Do you need to have a PS3 to unlock the PC/Mac version? Is the code inside the game case? Or does it need to actually talk to Valve to let you know you are a PS3 Steam user first? Because I will eventually have a PS3, but not for a while. But if I can just go buy the game itself and download it without needing to use a PS3, I'd do that.

No it's not necessary. You can input the code from your PC Steam account.

Jasoco

Banned
Juan29.zapata said:
So there's a code in the PS3 game case? And it's not going to say "Hey, you can't activate this yet, you haven't even put it on your PS3 yet!"?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Jasoco said:
So there's a code in the PS3 game case? And it's not going to say "Hey, you can't activate this yet, you haven't even put it on your PS3 yet!"?

The way Valves site makes it sound, you have to link your PSN Steam with your PC steam before you can use the code.

Please don't kill me but I'm afraid to Google as I hear spoilers are out there.

Co-op is a different story than the SP right? I kind of think I'm going to be going through Co-op first as I won't be alone tomorrow but I wasn't sure if it's the same story or not.

VGChampion said:

Co-op is a different story than the SP right? I kind of think I'm going to be going through Co-op first as I won't be alone tomorrow but I wasn't sure if it's the same story or not.
Yes its different.

VGChampion said:

Its after sp....

URGENT QUESTION:

Chapters
02 & 03

Have there been
tests where Glados doesn't say anything after you beat it
or is my copy broken or something.

big ander

How did Killing Floor only take off 10 minutes? Fuck that. Now I am pissed at this ARG, even when I thought angered people were ridiculous just days ago. The problem isn't just that it was hard. It's that the goal was super unclear. That's not fun, it's just tiresome.
lolez2matt said:
Its after sp....
Yes but also:
"Questioned about the co-op modes, [Portal 2 chief writer Eric] Wolpaw said, "We can say that the co-op story happens after the singleplayer story. Having said that, you don't need to necessarily need to play them in that order."

Makoto

I find it odd that the scheduled release time for Portal 2 is Tuesday morning PST. The first Left 4 Dead was released on the Monday before release at 9PM PST.

Jasoco

Banned
DrForester said:
The way Valves site makes it sound, you have to link your PSN Steam with your PC steam before you can use the code.
Someone should give it a try. Buy the game, but don't put it in the PS3 or install Steam or anything. Instead try to activate it on your PC first and see what it says.

Else I'm going to end up dodging spoilers for a while... Unless I can find $300 (Used PS3+Game I assume) lying around.

I mean I'll need a PS3 eventually for ICO, SOTC and TLG, but I didn't expect to get one so soon.

ajb1888

Banned
Alrighty! I'm heading off to my local store for the midnight release. Thankfully I've stayed spoiler free, and am lookin forward to (finally) playing this game :D
Peace y'all!

ultron87 said:
HEY AMAZON ORDER!

Switch your status to Shipped! CMON! It's obviously not in your warehouse if it's going to arrive tomorrow.

Whenever I order from Amazon for release date they usually don't send me an email till around midnight saying it left at 6pm. Don't worry.

ultron87

samus4ever said:
Whenever I order from Amazon for release date they usually don't send me an email till around midnight saying it left at 6pm. Don't worry.

I know, I just always go through this phase of irrational anger when it takes this long for them to set it to shipped.

ultron87 said:
I know, I just always go through this phase of irrational anger when it takes this long for them to set it to shipped.

Yeah i'm the same way. I just find it funny because in every thread theirs a new person to ordering release date delivery and they are always freaking out around this time.

Luigiv

Wait a moment, The game is releasing in 30 minutes now?

FU! I have to head out soon and then when I get back I need to work on a report. :(

MrPliskin

Banned
Juan29.zapata said:

The PS3 is necessary. In order for Portal 2 to be added to your steam account, you first have to link your PSN and Steam accounts. THEN you can use the code from our PC Steam account.

BenjaminBirdie said:
URGENT QUESTION:

Chapters
02 & 03

Have there been
tests where Glados doesn't say anything after you beat it
or is my copy broken or something.
Been a few hrs but i can't remember, sorry.
as far as i can remember, she talked most of the time at the end of levels

DevelopmentArrested said:
Been a few hrs but i can't remember, sorry.
as far as i can remember, she talked most of the time at the end of levels

FFFFFFF

That's why I noticed.

She did talk a lot about leaving for a little while at the beginning of those levels, like going up to the surface.

HMMMM.

enzo_gt said:
Those look fucking stupid and you are wrong otherwise.
Wow, you're a worthy member of this forum. I didn't state any opinion and you're calling me wrong. I was asking if they're the only ones offering in-game bonuses.

page_bg_english.jpg

Top Bottom