• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

Truant

Warning: Major spoilers in the commentary section. Yeah, I guess that is obvious, but some big stuff is spoiled in the second commentary bubble in the game. I just wanted to check it out, but that is what I get for being curious.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Oh for fuck sake jesus what are you not telling me?!?!?!?!?! Either I'm absolutely stupid or they really fucked up on this part.

Chapter 6 :

Here is the picture : http://i.imgur.com/RGigz.jpg

where the flying fuck am I supposed to go from here? Geez, I'm pissed...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Corky said:
Oh for fuck sake jesus what are you not telling me?!?!?!?!?! Either I'm absolutely stupid or they really fucked up on this part.

Chapter 6 :

Here is the picture : http://i.imgur.com/RGigz.jpg

Hint:
The blue gel nearby is useful.

Corky

JaseC said:
Hint:

thanks, the sections are way too separated for someone to intelligently piece them together frankly.

I'd barely make the connection and that hint is the theme of that chapter, so that say's alot .___.

thanks again

Corky said:

Yeah took me a few minutes to get that one. Have fun!

Its easier than it looks.

distrbnce

Banned
Hey Gaf, I dunno if this has been brought up before, I'm trying not to read anything until I play the game, but...

A friend and I just went to Kmart to try to do the $120 = $60 Game Coupon deal.

Well, I can't say it's false advertising, but it's definitely frustrating, and you guys should know before you go in; Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat only came out to $119.98, and we weren't given the coupon.

I dunno if adding the PSN card would've helped (as in, if it counts as gaming software), we couldn't try until she rang it up (and charged) again.

So, how did that Toys R Us deal pan out? I still need to buy my copies.

JaseC

Corky said:
thanks, the sections are way too separated for someone to intelligently piece them together frankly.

I'd barely make the connection and that hint is the theme of that chapter, so that say's alot .___.

thanks again

No worries. I spent a good little while there myself as I didn't even notice the gel until I backtracked to do some exploring.

Dax01 said:
Does the main menu screen looks as good as it seems in that picture?

Indeed, and like the original it changes as you progress. Not to mention it sounds even better.

clav

Crunched said:
Everything is hilarious. The only downsides to the humor are some early fat jokes, all the rest is razor sharp.
I found the
deformed cubes creepy. O O red eyes

Sanic

distrbnce said:
Hey Gaf, I dunno if this has been brought up before, I'm trying not to read anything until I play the game, but...

A friend and I just went to Kmart to try to do the $120 = $60 Game Coupon deal.

Well, I can't say it's false advertising, but it's definitely frustrating, and you guys should know before you go in; Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat only came out to $119.98, and we weren't given the coupon.

I dunno if adding the PSN card would've helped (as in, if it counts as gaming software), we couldn't try until she rang it up (and charged) again.

So, how did that Toys R Us deal pan out? I still need to buy my copies.
That's how all of their deals are, unfortunately.

Crunched said:
Everything is hilarious. The only downsides to the humor are some early fat jokes, all the rest is razor sharp.
But
it gets played for all its worth with the aerial faith plate. Best fat joke ever in any medium.

JaseC

Dilly said:
The faulty turrets are hilarious.

Best characters in the game.
"Hey, squeaky guy, give me some bullets would ya? *click click click* Well, I tried."

distrbnce

Banned
Pandoracell said:
That's how all of their deals are, unfortunately.

So, is there an easy work around? Some kind of cheap $10 "game software" that will push it over the top? Any idea if PSN cards will apply?

Red

Lostconfused said:
But
it gets played for all its worth with the aerial faith plate. Best fat joke ever in any medium.
True, that part is brilliant and as an end to the fat jokes it is perfect.

Kattbuss

JaseC said:
Hint:

I'm at the same place as Corky.
I put a portal beneath the paint in the previous room and covered the pillar with it. I think I'm supposed to get to the ledge opposite the pillar but I can't seem to get to it.
Been stuck here for a while now...

clav

EmCeeGramr said:
Can you be more specific?
After killing the turrets by splattering them in blue gel goo, portal the blue hover beam from the ground to allow you to rise to the ceiling. Close the beam by creating a new portal at the trajectory that was released after pressing the button guarded by turrets.

You fall from the ceiling and fly out of the trajectory, and bounce on the blue gel to propel you to the next section.

Sanic

distrbnce said:
So, is there an easy work around? Some kind of cheap $10 "game software" that will push it over the top? Any idea if PSN cards will apply?
I haven't dealt with them since last fall, but at that time, yes, any gaming related item would work.

I'm fairly certain that the rules have changed since they reintroduced their deals again sometime recently, so things may have changed.

clav

AmandaMatricks said:
I'm at the same place as Corky.
I put a portal beneath the paint in the previous room and covered the pillar with it. I think I'm supposed to get to the ledge opposite the pillar but I can't seem to get to it.
Been stuck here for a while now...
Portal holes to allow blue gel to splatter the walls.

Raxus said:
Ok I am playing on my PC and the voices are cutting out. What is going on?

Restart the game. I had to do this 5-6 times in my 7-8 hours playthrough.

claviertekky said:
After killing the turrets by splattering them in blue gel goo, portal the blue hover beam from the ground to allow you to rise to the ceiling. Close the beam by creating a new portal at the trajectory that was released after pressing the button guarded by turrets.

You fall from the ceiling and fly out of the trajectory, and bounce on the blue gel to propel you to the next section.
Damn, I was sure that I did that and had written it off. I was going nuts, thanks.

Crunched said:

They're not really fat jokes though; it's irony about how important physical appearance is for human beings.

Which doesn't necessarily translate into mocking fat people; and the game surely doesn't. The joke revolves around
weight variances
. It's more subtle.

clav

EmCeeGramr said:
Damn, I was sure that I did that and had written it off. I was going nuts, thanks.
Oh, I may have forgot this as I'm running on 3 hours of sleep.
You may need more blue gel as I think there is a portal-able wall you can put more blue gel near the platform trajectory button.

Kattbuss

claviertekky said:
Portal holes to allow blue gel to splatter the walls.

I did that, managed to splatter the pillar and all the walls and floors I can think of. I'm thinking I need to jump off the top, where you started, do I portal or do I bounce? And if so, how?
Thanks for any help!

traveler

Not Wario
Completed the first 7 chapters today. Amazing, amazing game. It's one of the best single player experiences I've ever had and I really do think this is Valve's second best campaign behind Episode 2. Fully delivers on the promise of the original. Some of the best writing I've ever heard in a game. The voice acting is top notch is well. Can't wait to finish this tomorrow. Will post more detailed stuff then.

Ketch

I bought the PS3 version so I could get the PS3 copy and the Steam copy... 2 times the fun. Except in order to activate the game on Steam you need to have played it on PS3 first and linked your PSN ID to your Steam account on the PS3 console (Presumably to keep you from giving way the Steam CD key). However, I'm currently half way through a 1 month business trip and won't get back to my PS3 at home until 2 May... so in summation: FUCK ME.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm about 2 hours in and the game is great so far. Bitter, passive aggressive GladOS is hilarious. Wheatley is also great.

Darklord

Banned
Easily the funniest game I've ever played. The dialog is perfectly delivered.

"No more rail! This is great! We can go where ever we want now! ...wait, where are we going? Probably should of followed the rail actually."

aesop

So, I'm late to the thread, but from what I'm reading around the web there is $85 worth of day one DLC. What the shit?

DarkKyo

aesop said:
So, I'm late to the thread, but from what I'm reading around the web there is $85 worth of day one DLC. What the shit?
For the co-op bots? I was just asking if there is a reason to buy it- will there be more co-op stuff added later on that makes the cosmetics worth it?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
EasyTGT said:
I bought the PS3 version so I could get the PS3 copy and the Steam copy... 2 times the fun. Except in order to activate the game on Steam you need to have played it on PS3 first and linked your PSN ID to your Steam account on the PS3 console (Presumably to keep you from giving way the Steam CD key). However, I'm currently half way through a 1 month business trip and won't get back to my PS3 at home until 2 May... so in summation: FUCK ME.

Mail the game to a trusted friend/family member along with your PSN login/pw and your Steam account name (not sure if you need the Steam pw as well). Have them login to PSN as you and link your Steam account in-game. You can change your PSN password and then still have the ability to download it from Steam where ever you are.

aesop

balladofwindfishes said:
It's nothing you need to enjoy the game, and knowing Valve, it'll probably be free eventually

I hope I don't start some huge argument here, but, it's day one. Shouldn't that stuff be unlockable? Even if it is just minor shit it's getting the raised eyebrow treatment.

I'm sure it won't lessen my enjoyment of the game (hurry up UPS!) but, yeah. What the hell, Valve.

Angst

Tucah said:
L1/R1 to shoot orange/blue portals respectively
Square for action (pick up items, press buttons, etc.)
X to jump
Circle to crouch, R2 to zoom.

And it has four different control schemes (shoot portals with R2/L2 etc)

Corky

Lostconfused said:
Yeah took me a few minutes to get that one. Have fun!

Its easier than it looks.

JaseC said:
No worries. I spent a good little while there myself as I didn't even notice the gel until I backtracked to do some exploring.

Well I got past the part I had troubles as soon as I got the first hint, but then I got stuck at the exit for chapter 6 for the longest 10 frigging minutes of my life. Whoever was in charge of the level design for the latter part of chapter 6 should be ashamed. ITS TERRIBLE :mad:

The beauty of portal is the genius in its leveldesign in general. And now I got stuck 1 meter before the exit for ages just because you can't see that there's a gate blocking you "up there" that I was crashing into 4000 mph ad naseam? Yeah, horrible. Going to take a break because I've been on clouds playing this game and the last 20-30 minutes has put me in hell and I want to enjoy the game...

Tacitus_

The turret redemption achievement certainly has interesting lines. Makes me think that there's at least a bit of
CJs personality in them since the turret seemed to hate lemons and muttered about Caroline

distrbnce

Banned
luxarific said:
Mail the game to a trusted friend/family member along with your PSN login/pw and your Steam account name (not sure if you need the Steam pw as well). Have them login to PSN as you and link your Steam account in-game. You can change your PSN password and then still have the ability to download it from Steam where ever you are.

Or, maybe even a gaffer could help if they already have Portal 2, if you just give them your info for both. Perhaps an admin would help? I'm still hazy on all the connection hoops though, so I could be wrong.

Top Bottom