• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
The dialogue for GLaDOS is getting way too...campy? cliche? weak? Not sure. Overall though, love the puzzles, the art direction, and the fucking co-op!

Wheatley is awesome.

Nah, she's still as passive-aggressive and bitchy as ever... just with more "You're such a horrible person, you killed me, yada yada yada"

Some serious sexual tension there.

Chinner

Banned
sgqq03.jpg

He is your god.

Exuro

Snapshot King said:
Wha? They got taken out? They had a little video vignette and everything.
Yeah I was a little disappointed to not see that. I remember an earlier video with it so I was expecting it to appear sometime in the game. Maybe we'll get some new co-op levels with them.

Fox318

Just played the first course with my girlfriend. Its a great intro tool to those who are not used to first-person games.

Alright. Got a bit further into Chapter 3...think that's all I'll get in for tonight. Damn. Puzzles are getting so much more fun:
LOVE the light bridges. and I think the lasers are a huge step up from energy balls. I saw Wheatley again. It was awesome.

TheExodu5

Banned
bistromathics said:
wow that limey mother fucker is ruining the game JUST SHUT UP AND LET ME SOLVE THE PUZZLES. Give me a god damn flashlight valve, not an overapologetic chatty cathy whose voice makes my goddamn skin crawl.

what?

grkazan12

Just finished single player and it was AMAZING. Great stuff from the people at Valve. Great and funny writing in a video game which is sometimes very hard to come by. Looking to start CO-OP soon.

PARTNER WANTED.
I need a partner who hasn't played the CO-OP at all and who doesn't want to rush through it. I don't have a headset, but I think we'll get by fine. So if you meet those criteria and need a partner as well quote this or PM your Steam info.

so im about 2 and half or 3 hours end and i saw the chapter
The escape come up and started getting disappointed thinking I was reaching the end, then i look and see im only about half way in. Simply amazed right now

also figured out my audio problem from yesterday where I thought the dialogue was coming through way too distorted. Not sure if its my audio set up or not but because I was playing at a fairly low volume to not wake up the misses it seemed to increase the distortion effect on the audio, played today at my normal volume level and everything sounded perfect

Luigison

I haven't read anything in this thread and don't intend to until I beat Portal 2. I'm posting to note that 4:19 was either super hard or I was doing it wrong. 4:20, on the other hand, was extremely easy. If you have specific comments for me prior to 4:20 in the game PM me. That is all for now.

Snipes424

ok just beat single player

all I have to say is good luck to any other game coming out this year wanting GOTY because it would literally have to be perfect to be better than Portal 2, best game I've played in years.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, a question, is there any specific thread to play co-op for PS3/PC?

I really, really need a friend for co-op.

IoCaster

Just finished up and still amped a bit. That was an insanely fun game. The level design was almost universally awesome from beginning to end. The relentless feedback loop of puzzle -> solution -> feeling of accomplishment -> ready for next puzzle, was totally addictive. I was on a constant gamer high going from level-to-level throughout the game. I hope we won't have to wait too long for some challenge map DLC or mods.

If Skyrim and/or ME3 can match this level of excellent design and polish, I'll be set for the year.

Dax01 said:
Okay. So I just had a GREAT moment. Just had to stop the game to post about it.

Spoilers for chapter 2:
So I'm in the test chamber in which GLaDOS tells you the field that prevents test subjects carrying objects from chamber to chamber was disabled and asked me not to bring any stuff, I'd thought I would see if I could do it. And I did. After I walked through the broken field, an achievement popped up, and I pumped my fist in the air and yelled, "Yes!" I had no idea that achievement was there. Best. Achievement. Moment. Ever.

Spoilers, dude. Now I will be expecting it. :(

What did you bring across the door? I couldn't find anything cept the cube, and couldn't bring that across b/c it was on the button

clav

JackSmithy said:
What did you bring across the door? I couldn't find anything cept the cube, and couldn't bring that across b/c it was on the button
You can complete the final jump without the cube. You'll just need to start the jump from the button platform and jump into a portal from there.

Put the cube on the exit platform before you do it.

Oh, notice the cube looks familiar?

hamchan

JackSmithy said:
you can bring the cube across :)

The game finally unlocked! I've had my copy for 2 days, but couldn't even install it due to some bullshit region restrictions. Anyway, about an hour in and I'm already loving it. Stephen Merchant as Wheatly is great, haha.

I'm in the midst of chapter 8 now... this game should be required for every gifted program in the country. This game should be the fulcrum of mandatory logic courses taught in every single high school on the planet. This game has figured out how to make learning fun. The developers should get a Nobel Prize for education. I'm exaggerating, but I'm not really kidding.

TheExodu5

Banned
claviertekky said:
You can complete the final jump without the cube. You'll just need to start the jump from the button platform and jump into a portal from there.

For some reason I tried that and still wouldn't make the jump...so I just did it normally, but when I set the cube on the button I made sure it was as close to the exit as possible. I just grabbed it from the floor above with the E button.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Mango Positive said:
I'm in the midst of chapter 8 now... this game should be required for every gifted program in the country. This game should be the fulcrum of mandatory logic courses taught in every single high school on the planet. This game has figured out how to make learning fun. The developers should get a Nobel Prize for education. I'm exaggerating, but I'm not really kidding.
I'm around the same point. I know you're exaggerating but I think that this should be mandatory for anyone in a game design class. Everything is so perfectly thought out, well-realized, and even the scripting seems natural and organic. Valve has never been lacking in design but they knocked it out of the the fucking park with this.

Emitan

Mango Positive said:
They certainly won't be getting a Nobel Prize for
being immune to neurotoxin

claviertekky said:

I didn't even think of doing that!
I just grabbed it while it was on the button, hanging very close over the edge.

So...anyone want to play at least an hour of two of co-op right now? I'm CarbonatedFalcon on Steam as well.

Quote me here with your Steam name and send me a message on Steam within a half-hour or so if interested.

clav

TheExodu5 said:
For some reason I tried that and still wouldn't make the jump...so I just did it normally, but when I set the cube on the button I made sure it was as close to the exit as possible. I just grabbed it from the floor above with the E button.
Dax01 said:
I didn't even think of doing that!
I just grabbed it while it was on the button, hanging very close over the edge.
:lol

I tried that first, but the game wouldn't let me pick up the cube, so I did it my way.

Funny how things worked out differently.

Tawpgun

Beat Co-Op. Oh my god. The ending was amazing and the credits were hilarious. Puzzles were blowing our minds and we were on the brink of caving in to guides at some points, btu we always managed to pull though.

My tip for any co-op partners who are stuck, explore the testing area, look at all the white walls and objects you can manipulate. Vocalize with your teammate on what does what and possible scenarios. Even if its obvious. Trial and error is important.

I want DLC now. Now now now now. And 360 users better not get shafted on DLC. I will gladly pay for it.

I'm still going to go for the perfect 1000/1000 for this.

I'll continue with my achievement replay as well. Which by the way is awesome. The game does such a ridiculously good job with foreshadowing that you notice all these references that you didn't notice before.

Mango Positive said:
Well.. if Mother Teresa has one, why not

So I got this in the mail today, and played up to almost the end of chapter 8 by the looks of it.

I'm at (late game spoilers)
chamber 16 if I recall correctly, and I'm getting nearer and nearer to wheatley

Can anyone tell me how long I have left? I was trying to finish it in one sitting, but I was forced to go to bed by my rents.

Salsa

AvidNobody said:
Can anyone tell me how long I have left? I was trying to finish it in one sitting, but I was forced to go to bed by my rents.

one more chapter

Juan29.zapata said:
I have the feeling that it wasn't so spoilerous in terms of story.

You'd be surprised!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
AvidNobody said:
So I got this in the mail today, and played up to almost the end of chapter 8 by the looks of it.

I'm at (late game spoilers)
chamber 16 if I recall correctly, and I'm getting nearer and nearer to wheatley

You are very near. Won't say more.

Anyone complaining about Wheatley should be catapulted into the sun. Funniest.Character.Ever

There are so many laugh out loud moments in this game, and the atmosphere is amazing. I don’t know why I liked it so much but when (mild situational spoiler)
the one operational turret on the incinerator belt says ‘Help, I’m different’
I nearly spat my drink.

Top Bottom