• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post an underrated gem more people should know about

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I was looking on Steam to see if it was on sale and wanted to buy it so bad but couldn't find it. This explains why. Why was it delisted? Kind of depressing...
Apparently its been delisted because of music licenses.....the game uses quite a bit of licensed music........to great effect.
For smaller titles 2K just says fuck it, we aint paying to extend the license......and since all these sinners didnt buy the game, they see no reason to relicense.
I think some key sellers including amazon still have it and you can redeem on steam........but easiest way, go get a physical copy.

REPENT YOU SINFUL CHILD!!!!!!

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Rime.

A game of truly rare emotional intelligence, perfectly matched with a lovely soundtrack and art direction.

Its got more conventional gameplay than most, but its got more in common with artsy indie narrative-based titles than anything else. Saddling it with comparisons with BOTW and Ueda's work did it no favours because its really not trying to do the same thing at all. Its all about the story its telling, which is expressed through every aspect of its presentation.

In my opinion, an absolute masterpiece and although its fairly well-known, its never got the credit it truly deserves.

Alan Wake

ZGxinDO.jpeg

Bramble: The Mountain King
You need to play this. Even if you're not from Scandinavia.

dNyVvM4.jpeg

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Proof that Ninja Theory can make good gameplay. (Compatible with Xbox Series X.)

7v6u86m.jpeg

Alone in the Dark (2024)

OK, it's not a "gem" per se. But it's much better than it's got credit for.

KXVXII9X

Apparently its been delisted because of music licenses.....the game uses quite a bit of licensed music........to great effect.
For smaller titles 2K just says fuck it, we aint paying to extend the license......and since all these sinners didnt buy the game, they see no reason to relicense.
I think some key sellers including amazon still have it and you can redeem on steam........but easiest way, go get a physical copy.

REPENT YOU SINFUL CHILD!!!!!!
Haha thanks

Organ Quarter for VR.

It really is a Silent Hill clone that nails the tone. It's also a brilliant game in its own right and hands down one of the best survival horror experiences you can have. It was made by like 3 or 4 people with a shoestring Kickstarter budget.

'The Pathless' - an excellent smaller-type open world with fantastic traversal, interesting puzzles, great art design and music, and some exhilarating boss fights. It's 77 Metacritic is criminal.

'Dysmantle' - an addictive and interesting survival / open-world game, hard to explain why it just works but it does. Very smartly designed and paced, always fun, lots to explore and discover (and destroy!). It was my game of the year when it released and most places didn't even bother to review it.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Had fun with these games. Only buy if dirt cheap like 50% off. You can probably get it on deal for $5 each. Steam right now is doing a bundle where you can buy all 8 remixed games at 60% off.

Last edited:

Labadal

Hero's Adventure: Road to Passion
One of the best rpgs I have played in a long time. Wuxia rpg, with turn-based combat, and lots of companions to recruit. Lots of replayability.

Wandering Sword
While the graphics copy the Octopath Traveler games, the actually game is its own thing. Another Wuxia game where you can gather lots of companions. You can chose if you want combat to be turn-based or real-time.

Underrail
I usually prefer party-based rpgs, but this one is probably one of the best games I have played in years. Turn-based combat, fun exploration, and great build options.

Knights of the Chalice 2
For the uninitiated, the game looks like dog poo, but then you play it it, and you're like: wtf is this awesomeness?? It uses the OGL 3.5 ruleset (D&D 3.5E). Create your own party of six characters, plus two companions can be in the party. Presentation is poor, but gameplay is king. If the guy didn't live on roots, and made some actual money, maybe he would be able to do something for graphical improvements.

SpiceRacz

Gold Member
Fl6FZ0o.jpeg

This is from the same team that did Skyblazer. Hook was basically the blueprint for that game. It’s a superb action platformer. The platforming and movement is a bit slow, but as far as movie licensed games are concerned, this is among the very best on the system. The Sega CD version even has the movie soundtrack and voice acting.

Top Bottom