• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prediction: What will the next Microsoft Gaming / Xbox game released on other consoles (currently unannounced)?

What will the next Microsoft Gaming / Xbox game released on other consoles (currently unannounced)?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Kacho

So then Phil is lying when he said no game is off the table? Also porting isn't something that is just done immediately that way you seem to think it is. There were rumors that Halo MCC was one of the games but is having major issues.
PR is PR. I have no insight into what they’re doing so I can’t comment on what’s truthful and what isn’t. I’m just waiting for the “Halo is coming to PlayStation and Switch 2” because that’s when shit gets real. Not when Flight Sim gets ported.

StueyDuck

Forza horizon or starfield makes the most sense.

Maybe flight sim, they'll be thinking of what's gonna sell the most. I don't think they are gonna do halo or gears, those will be the last one announced.

Because they know gamers will go all "Xbox is dead" and overreact when they do that

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Xbox Games Studios is the damned publisher. Just like PlayStation Studios. Hence Xbox games and PlayStation games.

Why is this so hard for you?
Bethesda for example publishes their own games, so Xbox Game Studios publisher doesn't have anything to do with them. Would be the same nonsense call Starfield "PC game". 🤷‍♂️

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Bethesda for example publishes their own games, so Xbox Game Studios publisher doesn't have anything to do with them. Would be the same nonsense call Starfield "PC game". 🤷‍♂️
Serious The Four GIF by Diddy

xrnzaaas

Hellblade 2 is definitely coming to actually sell some copies (and so that MS could close the studio).

Starfield is an easy pick as well. There are lots of Skyrim and (Bethesda's) Fallout fans on PlayStation and it's been over a year since the original release.

Last edited:

Astray

I'd say Indiana Jones already qualified as that 'big' game.
Indiana Jones has had one of the strangest sagas any game not named Starfield have had:

- Started life as a regular licensed multiplat.
- Microsoft buys Zenimax media, reveals the game with a teaser trailer.
- Microsoft decides to take all Zenimax games exclusive, and pays Disney money to kill the PS5 version of Indiana Jones.
- Microsoft buys Activision, the Indiana Jones exclusivity deal is revealed via testimony in the FTC trial.
- The Activision deal is closed and the Microsoft gaming division gets under an internal spotlight, driving a lot of decisions that prioritize raw P/L over Gamepass user growth.
- The game is announced for PS5 with a surprisingly high fanfare behind it.

Just beyond strange and tells you that the vision isn't quite clear at Microsoft Gaming.

NickFire

I already thought they’d be looking for a big quarter and would release Starfield this fall and that seems unlikely now. I also thought there’d be some apparent pattern that would become apparent and that hasn’t happened. So I’ve got no idea what they’re thinking.

Banjo64

cumsessed
FH5 would sell 5-10m but I suspect they won’t bother as the licensing will cause them to de-list the game within a couple of years. They’d be better off just doing FH6 day one.

I think MCC makes sense (so does Starfield though). MCC would sell 10m on PS5 in my view, and cross play would be great for the community.

Elios83

Starfield doesn't make sense at this point, it has the reputation of a disappointing if not outright bad game.
No one is going to pay full price to play a dull 5h interactive movie like Hellblade 2 either.

Flight Simulator, Forza Horizon make sense because they cover genres with little competition.
Also Halo and Gears Collections if they have future multiplatform plans for these series.

But quite frankly I'd focus on new games like Fable and Perfect Dark and give them the Indiana Jones treatment with a 3 months Xbox exclusive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom